+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting in to Tannadice.......

No hospitality, no programme sales, no in ground catering, no increased match day club shop sales, no 50/50 draw etc, etc. Financial impact of closed doors must be massive.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It would be interesting to know how this has affected income. It's bound to be lower even when taking into account PPV streaming along with reduced match day costs. The increase in costs for testing in particular being a considerable drain I'd imagine.
    I wonder if clubs are thinking of facilitating their own testing to minimalise the cost because the way things are going we could be testing testing one to three by autumn 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I wonder if clubs are thinking of facilitating their own testing to minimalise the cost because the way things are going we could be testing testing one to three by autumn 2021.
    Yeah, buying one o' thon testing machines will pay for itself in o time at all.

We'll be saving on policing and stewards. But overall, I reckon nae fans = significant financial hit.

I don’t know how much clubs are making on the streaming.

Potentially there is money to be made there but it is very unlikely will make up for match day sales and all the extras that come with people attending

Football should get some more financial support as I can’t see how clubs lower down can survive all this

At United we are very lucky to have the ogrens to support us. With all this though I would not expect any expensive signings any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I don’t know how much clubs are making on the streaming.

Potentially there is money to be made there but it is very unlikely will make up for match day sales and all the extras that come with people attending

Football should get some more financial support as I can’t see how clubs lower down can survive all this

At United we are very lucky to have the ogrens to support us. With all this though I would not expect any expensive signings any time soon
    At £12.50 per game, i dont think they will pick up enough PATG to make up the difference. The ST money will be no different from previous seasons, and i am not sure where the sponsorship will be at present. So considering there would be 3 PATG from this family, they are effectively loosing something between 20 and 40 quid, depending on who is going.

I just think that the Club made this pledge about 1/19th off next season’s tickets way back in May or something when it obviously was still very unclear exactly how things would pan out with crowds getting back in. The forecasts for being back in in September are now clearly way off the mark and I would hope that fans won’t now use this as a stick to beat the Club with if they now do a u-turn. Nobody could have forecast this accurately and the Club acted in good faith with the information that was available then but the situation is clearly different now and there is no way punters should expect half price season tickets next season.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yeah, buying one o' thon testing machines will pay for itself in o time at all.

We'll be saving on policing and stewards. But overall, I reckon nae fans = significant financial hit.
    I read years ago, now we're talking 10 years ago, that the cost of a game was in the region of £20,000. More for a Category A due to extra policing etc, so you would imagine its more than that now. Clubs will be saving a fair chunk in that sense.

The new ‘no visiting other households’ rule should lead to an increase in PPV.

Reduced crowds getting in would cost the club as they would be ST holders & stewards & police would need to be hired.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlisleArab View Post
    The new ‘no visiting other households’ rule should lead to an increase in PPV.

Reduced crowds getting in would cost the club as they would be ST holders & stewards & police would need to be hired.
    Not sure if they would need much police but agree could cost a bit for limited crowds as would be no gate money and would probably need good bit of stewarding cleaning etc.

Really dont know how clubs are going to survive this. At the moment the scottish government has privately stated there will be no return for 6 months but that they will review every 3 weeks. Aye from a msp source/friend so if true this season is fvcked. Not really sure who survives and who doesnt.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)