+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting in to Tannadice.......

And, despite the latest UK government scheme, a lot of folk about to be paid off from clubs (hospitality staff for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Really dont know how clubs are going to survive this. At the moment the scottish government has privately stated there will be no return for 6 months but that they will review every 3 weeks. Aye from a msp source/friend so if true this season is fvcked. Not really sure who survives and who doesnt.
    Without some kind of government support package I think this might finish a few clubs. I just hope ours isn't one of them and Mr Ogren will stick with the plan for a long term return. But along with other clubs we will be losing a hell of a lot of money due to the investment on the youth development side.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Without some kind of government support package I think this might finish a few clubs. I just hope ours isn't one of them and Mr Ogren will stick with the plan for a long term return. But along with other clubs we will be losing a hell of a lot of money due to the investment on the youth development side.
    Agree Stoke but Im now concerned - Hibs and Hearts for example seem to have splashed the cash - we clearly cant and it looks like we will have the team we have with maybe another loan or two. all in all as long as we survive but there must be some clubs wondering. Thankfully we are in spfl as i dont think lower leagues will finish the season. I think we all had hoped for a cure by now but there is doubt that it will even happen next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And, despite the latest UK government scheme, a lot of folk about to be paid off from clubs (hospitality staff for instance).
    I have so many friends laid off, furloughed or simply in doubt as to their future. Its incredibly sad to see this and they are struggling to get jobs. Mate is an air traffic controller and furloughed saw the shifts for November and he is only on standby. His plans for reitrement in 5 years are now out the window. Wife got laid off and now working part time, 17 year old daughter got tested positive for covid so she needs to self isolate. They ended the contract straight away saying she didnt pass her 3 month probation. Shocking and worrying

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    could the club not look into doing hospitality and showing matchs in hospitality on screens?might not be worth there bother though with only two households allowed to sit together and spacing everyone out.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    could the club not look into doing hospitality and showing matchs in hospitality on screens?might not be worth there bother though with only two households allowed to sit together and spacing everyone out.
    got to be an idea Brian - 3 separate areas in tannadice for that and all table service

Could maybe bring in a wee bit of money.They probably looked at this though and decided not profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Could maybe bring in a wee bit of money.They probably looked at this though and decided not profitable.
    Just restrict it to the Professional Drinkers then.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Just restrict it to the Professional Drinkers then.
    i drank them dry when i went to the one before 2-0 win at dens

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    i drank them dry when i went to the one before 2-0 win at dens
    Overall though, I have wondered why the Club haven’t opened up the Heggie or the WestEnd suites for bevvy and TV coverage. I suspect it’s not financial but probably more with maintaining the Covid secure ‘bubble’ around the ground on match days.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)