+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting in to Tannadice.......

Getting in to Tannadice.......

..........is as far away as ever. We will not be in grounds until 2021 AT THE EARLIEST the way things are going now. Let’s hope this bloody vaccine comes along at the soonest as currently I honestly can’t see things changing much until such time.

It opens up another question. Already thinking ahead to season 2021/22, the Club have already said that you will get a percentage reduction of your season ticket based on how many games had to be played behind closed doors this season. At this rate, it’s going to end up a helluva lot more games than I think the Club factored for initially and therefore could end up meaning they take a massive hit financially if next season’s tickets are discounted accordingly. Should they still do this? If they do (and you can afford it of course) should you accept it? The whole thing’s a disaster.

Did they say how much the discount would be? I can't remember seeing that so they could make it £1 a game and it wouldn't have the disastrous impact you suggest? Personally I don't want any discount, I've paid to see every game and Tannadice and that's exactly what I'm getting, even if it's streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Did they say how much the discount would be? I can't remember seeing that so they could make it £1 a game and it wouldn't have the disastrous impact you suggest? Personally I don't want any discount, I've paid to see every game and Tannadice and that's exactly what I'm getting, even if it's streaming.
    Can’t remember the exact details off the top of my head TTT, but i.r.c. I’m pretty sure that for every home game behind closed doors AFTER the St Mirren match (which is obviously now gone), you will get a 1/18th reduction on next year’s season ticket. Obviously, they were likely hoping we’d be back in for then and, if not, then not too much longer after. However, the longer this keeps up then all those 1/18ths are going to add up rapidly and the way things stand that’s going to be a lot of games we’ll be talking about. If we were to miss the next 10 games for instance then that could add up to about £160 off next year’s season ticket. The Club simply can’t afford that.

Edit to add, here’s the link - https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...GUE-GAMES.html

It’s 1/19th of a reduction.
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 22-09-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Ah, OK then that is far too much for the club to bear for the rest of the season. I definitely don't want it, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    ... I've paid to see every game and Tannadice and that's exactly what I'm getting, even if it's streaming.
    This for me. I doubt we will be back to full crowds at all this season. I just hope that as fans we can do enough to help the club through this feckin nightmare.

In fact, we need all our clubs to survive this. It's a pretty dire situation.

Although, I couldn't care less about Sevco or Hertz - obviously. They can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

The thing is, a lot of fans walked away from last season's ticket despite not getting the last 3 or 4 home games as they felt the Club needed it and didn't request a refund. Come the start of 2021/22, only then will the full financial impact of all this for everyone really be hitting home. If this season goes as it is, then it'll be a big ask for guys to potentially walk from £160 off next year's ST. I'll do it as I feel the Club will need every penny it can get but not every fan will be financially able to do so - it's a tough one.

Most of us who bought season tickets this season did so to help utd more than to get to the matchs even though we would all love to be at matchs.So have a feeling that most that can afford it will be happy to pay full price for a season again next year.Obviously with all thats going on some might not be able to afford it and the money off may be a blessing for them if lost job etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The thing is, a lot of fans walked away from last season's ticket despite not getting the last 3 or 4 home games as they felt the Club needed it and didn't request a refund. Come the start of 2021/22, only then will the full financial impact of all this for everyone really be hitting home. If this season goes as it is, then it'll be a big ask for guys to potentially walk from £160 off next year's ST. I'll do it as I feel the Club will need every penny it can get but not every fan will be financially able to do so - it's a tough one.
    Indeed, it's a very personal decision.

I thought at the time it was a huge gamble by the club.
    I think they were trying to encourage people to buy by giving assurances that they wouldn't pay and get no games.
    After the third home game missed you would not pay for games thereafter missed.
    We get streaming of games too of course for our money.

I hope we get back as soon as.
    Does the club get money from TV?
    They must be getting a fair amount from "pay per view" as Arabs around the world have access now to watch the games.

It would be interesting to know how this has affected income. It's bound to be lower even when taking into account PPV streaming along with reduced match day costs. The increase in costs for testing in particular being a considerable drain I'd imagine.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)