+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deid - waterproof/breathable micro-pore fabric mannie

Deid - waterproof/breathable micro-pore fabric mannie

Robert Gore, hero of outdoor addicts everywhere for his pioneering lightweight fabric that keeps them dry, and yet mostly sweat-free, snuffed it last week.

I can mention the name Goretex generally without fear of litigation unless those style over substance, marketing before taste ****ers at Brewdog have concocted something that uses the brand name in yet another attempt to manufacture outrage and get on the front pages. ****ers.

Mr Gore will give not a **** if it pishes doon on the day of his funeral, though.

Did Robert Gore take his $830 million with him .

Seriously though he made quality gear for sure.

How could I forget he was the man who invented PTFE tape for plumbers and heating engineers to use instead of hemp and boss white for pipe threads .

Made our jobs a bit easier back in the day .

Conex, Kuterlite and the Boss White Joints was a suggested name for a 70s band I was in with my pal Willie, a time-served plumber. I got the references from my summer 74 job with Wiiliam Wilson in Inverness.

On Friday afternoons, after we’d been in The Gellions for ‘lunch’, one of my jobs was to accompany a driver to the local dump, where the Masons now dish out their anti-fitba brutality, to get rid of chipped sinks, closets etc.

There are few greater pleasures for a ****age loon* than the satisfying double-splintering bell-like crash as a thrown closet is met in mid-air by a launched bathroom sink.

*I never met the Inverness girls who by repute were willing to take a trek to the Ness Islands for a bit of drain-rodding

Boss white joints love that name for a band

September 1974 was when I started as an apprentice in the heating game .

Did you sell anything under the coonter back then .

I remember no computers and everything was hand written when you ordered materials
    Last edited by Disco Buc; 22-09-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Robert Gore, hero of outdoor addicts everywhere for his pioneering lightweight fabric that keeps them dry, and yet mostly sweat-free, snuffed it last week.

I can mention the name Goretex generally without fear of litigation unless those style over substance, marketing before taste ****ers at Brewdog have concocted something that uses the brand name in yet another attempt to manufacture outrage and get on the front pages. ****ers.

Mr Gore will give not a **** if it pishes doon on the day of his funeral, though.
    Goretex guitar strings are a thing as well. They're called nanoweb, or something like that. Great acoustic strings, tone sharpness keeps for ages. Not so great on an electric guitar. though Anyway RIP.