+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Punched Referee shocked as on -field attacker given police caution

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Thanks for the video mt it gives a good insight into how it kicked off, and if as has been said, this guy is a teacher, then I would fear for kids in his care, when he has clearly got anger problems judging by that.
    I refereed for 15 years in local football after I finished playing, so i understand the difficulties referees encounter, although i didnt like the referee bringing race into it as a reason for the police not taking it further.
    IMO had that happenedin a pro game the player would end up in court and drummed out of the game so it's a disgrace that it wasnt taken further, and this guy, if he is a teacher, needs to be taken away from kids.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSimmons View Post
    Theres plenty of video footage of this circulating. Surely enough for a prosecution. We all say things that we regret in the heat of the moment but to strike an official three times has to be enough to cost you your job as a teacher. What sort of a message does this send to his students?
    I would support a crowd fund to fund a private prosecution. At least then he can be named and the parents at the school are notified as to the kind of arse they have teaching at the school. Shocking behaviour.
    Mark, absolutely spot on! I'd pay in to that to see him brought to account. What kind of message does it say when the police attended, the victim has a cut above is eye and they don't make an arrest. Disgusting!

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    There's been a few down NYS that I've wanted to give a clip. Maybe 3x is a little OTT
    Cayton, come on fella. '3X is a little OTT'. Players have no right to physically assault any official no matter what the circumstances were. This fecker needs dealing with asap. This was ABH that ended with the Ref sustaining a cut above his eye.

A teacher! Thank god he's not teaching my Grand kids. How much confidence must that Ref have lost because of this attack? Jail the scum bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Cayton, come on fella. '3X is a little OTT'. Players have no right to physically assault any official no matter what the circumstances were. This fecker needs dealing with asap.
    Come on Brin, these refs are power crazy. Sending the guy off for farting was just a bit OTT

I reffed for approx 17 years. In all that time I only dismissed 2 players. One for foul and abusive having been pre warned before kick off with all his team in attendance and one for physical assault.

Quite proud of that record, shows my good man management. As for yellow cards I don't think I gave out more than 20. The majority of my games were Sunday League 'beer' monster games .

I reffed for approx 17 years. In all that time I only dismissed 2 players. One for foul and abusive having been pre warned before kick off with all his team in attendance and one for physical assault.

Quite proud of that record, shows my good man management. As for yellow cards I don't think I gave out more than 20. The majority of my games were Sunday League 'beer' monster games .
    Personally Brin I always reffed it to the rules of the game at that time, and I played for 17 years in local football with 2 red cards and a few yellows to my name over that period.
    I dished out more than my fair share of red and yellow cards if I saw the need when reffing, because I wanted to be fair to the laws of the game at that time. I once reffed a game on Herringthorpe and after the match in the communal refereeing changing room, a ref who I knew played at a good level in his playing days, told me that he should have sent a player off, but didnt because he used to tackle like that when he was playing and that to me was completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Personally Brin I always reffed it to the rules of the game at that time, and I played for 17 years in local football with 2 red cards and a few yellows to my name over that period.
    I dished out more than my fair share of red and yellow cards if I saw the need when reffing, because I wanted to be fair to the laws of the game at that time. I once reffed a game on Herringthorpe and after the match in the communal refereeing changing room, a ref who I knew played at a good level in his playing days, told me that he should have sent a player off, but didnt because he used to tackle like that when he was playing and that to me was completely wrong.
    Ronners, everyone has their own way of reffing. Agree with you on the last point though, very poor imo.
    I always brought teams in 'before' a kick off and explained what I wanted as a ref from the game, their co- operation, enjoyment and total respect for each other. I had some great games and actually enjoyed receiving the positive feedback from aManagers and players alike.
    Shame the years have caught up with me.

Ronners, everyone has their own way of reffing. Agree with you on the last point though, very poor imo.
    I always brought teams in 'before' a kick off and explained what I wanted as a ref from the game, their co- operation, enjoyment and total respect for each other. I had some great games and actually enjoyed receiving the positive feedback from aManagers and players alike.
    Shame the years have caught up with me.
    Absolutely right Brin about each ref having their own style, and I loved every minute of my playing and reffing days, and the knee problem that ended my playing days also eventually ended my reffing days too.

...just claim depression and anxiety since the attack and he'll get 10yrs.

Joking aside, disgusting attitude from the Police and the player............sue him in a private claim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast