+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Duncan

I will back all of our players when they are on the park but reserve the right to have my own opinion on them as well. With regard to CK-R it's his average of a goal every 6.8 games that has me doubting he's a striker of any note.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I will back all of our players when they are on the park but reserve the right to have my own opinion on them as well. With regard to CK-R it's his average of a goal every 6.8 games that has me doubting he's a striker of any note.
    Of course, and I completely recognise that, but someone who has played for Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Olympiacos, Feyenoord, Celtic, Coritiba and Corinthians, amongst others, might just know a thing or two and have something to offer us.
    From what little I’ve seen he looks as if he can handle himself, which in itself might make a change and create opportunities for others.
    Not aimed at you, but I get sick and tired of ‘fans’ having a pop at signings before they’ve had a chance to prove themselves. ‘We’ (aka certain individuals) did the same with Cameron Jerome just because he’d been around a bit.
    All I’m saying is...it’s all well and good to criticise individuals for lack of effort, fitness, technique etc...but at least let’s see what they might have to offer first before deciding that they’re too old, or come from the ‘wrong’ part of the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe we should lay off a little. A few weeks ago he seemed like an exciting signing. We don’t know what’s gone on...if anything.
    He won’t be the first player to arrive at Derby, or numerous other clubs, with something of a ‘chequered past’. He might be a precocious young talent or he might be a liability but let’s at least give him a chance to prove himself.

Same goes for CK-R...I know he’s never going to be ‘precocious’ or ‘young’ again, but he looks like he could do a job for us. It’s almost as if people mistrust him because he’s travelled the world through football. You never know...plying his trade in places like Turkey and Brazil might even be a bit more impressive than doing the rounds of lower league English clubs.
    RA nobody has actually said they are not going to be any good they just opinions T hats what the forum is for Naturally if you lose Martin and Marriott and get CK-R your going to be disappointed .

Be even worse for rA if he got HKR

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA nobody has actually said they are not going to be any good they just opinions T hats what the forum is for Naturally if you lose Martin and Marriott and get CK-R your going to be disappointed .
    Mista, I invariably agree with you, and appreciate that you see and know more about DCFC players than most, but not on this occasion.

Martin and Marriott were regularly crucified by many Derby fans last season, then Martin started performing - possibly about the time he began playing for a new contract - and people began to realise that Marriott had been playing through injury. Suddenly it’s turn around time and they’re the new bench mark for what we should expect.

It is, as you say, all about opinions and, in my opinion, to criticise the likes of CK-R and Duncan as not being up to standard is nonsense. We just don’t know yet. I doubt that there’s anyone on this forum who’s seen either of them play for more than a very few minutes and in such circumstances any opinions are uninformed to say the least.

As for losing Marriott and Martin being ‘disappointing’...personally I’m not disappointed at losing Martin. He could have stayed, he didn’t appear to want to...end of...and we haven’t lost Marriott...he’s gone to Wednesday...till Christmas. If he finds form he’ll either come back a better player or we’ll sell him on for a profit. I’m disappointed he hasn’t lived up to anything like the expectation of two years ago because I thought we’d got a ‘gem’ but it’s a long, long time since he really performed.

Forget Martin, he’s gone. As for Marriott...we’ll see, but all I’m asking is that people give CK-R and Duncan a chance before criticising them, either directly or by implication.

Mista, I invariably agree with you, and appreciate that you see and know more about DCFC players than most, but not on this occasion.

Martin and Marriott were regularly crucified by many Derby fans last season, then Martin started performing - possibly about the time he began playing for a new contract - and people began to realise that Marriott had been playing through injury. Suddenly it’s turn around time and they’re the new bench mark for what we should expect.

It is, as you say, all about opinions and, in my opinion, to criticise the likes of CK-R and Duncan as not being up to standard is nonsense. We just don’t know yet. I doubt that there’s anyone on this forum who’s seen either of them play for more than a very few minutes and in such circumstances any opinions are uninformed to say the least.

As for losing Marriott and Martin being ‘disappointing’...personally I’m not disappointed at losing Martin. He could have stayed, he didn’t appear to want to...end of...and we haven’t lost Marriott...he’s gone to Wednesday...till Christmas. If he finds form he’ll either come back a better player or we’ll sell him on for a profit. I’m disappointed he hasn’t lived up to anything like the expectation of two years ago because I thought we’d got a ‘gem’ but it’s a long, long time since he really performed.

Forget Martin, he’s gone. As for Marriott...we’ll see, but all I’m asking is that people give CK-R and Duncan a chance before criticising them, either directly or by implication.
    RA that's a bit over the top .I've never said that CK-R won't be a good or a bad player for us . I've just pointed out that we are is 21st club and he's scored 4goals since Aug 2015 it's up to the readers to make their minds up about that Its not an implication it's a fact Would Martin have scored more for us this season ,we will never know As for Duncan you only after read Rosenior assessment of him today to know all is not right there . But at the end of the day it's all about opinions Adi doesn't rate Shinnie , You don't rate Evans, MA loves everybody Swales loves goalkeepers , If you want to give CK-R a chance that's your perogative

RA that's a bit over the top .I've never said that CK-R won't be a good or a bad player for us . I've just pointed out that we are is 21st club and he's scored 4goals since Aug 2015 it's up to the readers to make their minds up about that Its not an implication it's a fact Would Martin have scored more for us this season ,we will never know As for Duncan you only after read Rosenior assessment of him today to know all is not right there . But at the end of the day it's all about opinions Adi doesn't rate Shinnie , You don't rate Evans, MA loves everybody Swales loves goalkeepers , If you want to give CK-R a chance that's your perogative
    It’s not OTT, mista, because I’m not talking about you, although you did say earlier today...’if you lose Martin and Marriott and get CK-R you’re going to be disappointed’.
    You are invariably very fair and a good judge, but football fans are notoriously fickle and I do get a bit disappointed by people on here (not you) and elsewhere being quite so critical.
    We’ve seen it with Rooney...last season’s saviour/this season’s waste of space, we’ve seen it with Lawrence despite the fact that he went through a truly difficult time, we regularly see it with Forsyth, used to regularly see it with Keogh, see it in the ground with last season’s ‘keepers and now CK-R and Duncan are being doubted before they’ve had any chance to prove themselves.
    It is indeed my ‘prerogative’ to ‘give CK-R a chance’...he’s our player for the season...what’s the point of not doing?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-10-2020 at 07:41 PM.

It’s not OTT, mista, because I’m not talking about you, although you did say earlier today...’if you lose Martin and Marriott and get CK-R you’re going to be disappointed’.
    You are invariably very fair and a good judge, but football fans are notoriously fickle and I do get a bit disappointed by people on here (not you) and elsewhere being quite so critical.
    We’ve seen it with Rooney...last season’s saviour/this season’s waste of space, we’ve seen it with Lawrence despite the fact that he went through a truly difficult time, we regularly see it with Forsyth, used to regularly see it with Keogh, see it in the ground with last season’s ‘keepers and now CK-R and Duncan are being doubted before they’ve had any chance to prove themselves.
    It is indeed my ‘prerogative’ to ‘give CK-R a chance’...he’s our player for the season...what’s the point of not doing?
    RA fans will always have differing opinions on player's ,tactics ,selection formations just because somebody's opinion of a player is different to our own doesn't make them right or wrong I only post on here what I think about a situation or a player I neither want people to agree or disagree that's up to them . Both you and MA blamed Evans for the Watford defeat and didn't want him in the team that's your choice . As for Duncan don't think anybody is not giving him a chance If you read posts more than thought he will be an excellent signing T hats without even seeing him play Myself I've just queried his fitness and availability and from what I've seen of his videos he looks exactly what we need . I also said I hope the club have done their due diligence on him. Which with hindsight they clearly have not

I do rate Shinnie. Usually "crap", but rated none the less!

RA fans will always have differing opinions on player's ,tactics ,selection formations just because somebody's opinion of a player is different to our own doesn't make them right or wrong I only post on here what I think about a situation or a player I neither want people to agree or disagree that's up to them . Both you and MA blamed Evans for the Watford defeat and didn't want him in the team that's your choice . As for Duncan don't think anybody is not giving him a chance If you read posts more than thought he will be an excellent signing T hats without even seeing him play Myself I've just queried his fitness and availability and from what I've seen of his videos he looks exactly what we need . I also said I hope the club have done their due diligence on him. Which with hindsight they clearly have not
    Can’t say it any other way, mista. I’m NOT having a go at you at all, and yes of course fans can say what they think of players’ performances, but having a go at players before they’ve had an opportunity to show their ability and prove themselves is unhelpful...imo.

P.S. I didn’t ‘blame Evans for the Watford defeat’...I said I thought he had a poor game and that I’ve never really rated him...two very different things and I have seen him play many times.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 27-10-2020 at 11:04 PM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)