+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can’t say it any other way, mista. I’m NOT having a go at you at all, and yes of course fans can say what they think of players’ performances, but having a go at players before they’ve had an opportunity to show their ability and prove themselves is unhelpful...imo.

P.S. I didn’t ‘blame Evans for the Watford defeat’...I said I thought he had a poor game and that I’ve never really rated him...two very different things and I have seen him play many times.
    So you really think Kazim -Richards is anything other than a desperate acquisition because we ****ed up in the transfer window? I mean come on, what in his recent playing history leads you to believe that he will be a half decent transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So you really think Kazim -Richards is anything other than a desperate acquisition because we ****ed up in the transfer window? I mean come on, what in his recent playing history leads you to believe that he will be a half decent transfer?
    Career average of a goal every 6.8 games. I hope I'm wrong but history is not on his side.

In his last 82 games abroad he scored 18 for Coritiba, Corinthians, Lobos, Veracruz and Pechuca or 1 every 4.55 games. His most productive period was for Feijenoord, 11 in 27 in the 14/15 season. As Frank Demouge once said, League 1 defenders are better than 80% of the Dutch Eredivisie ones.....

Is this the same Frank who made two appearances for Bournemouth in league 1 in his career in England? Still maybe te Wierik is proving him right, although Virgil van Dyke may demur?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Not being blessed with the gift of second sight, I wouldn’t know.

He was training with the squad for a while before we offered him a contract, which imo is a good sign. As MA points out he’s extremely experienced and well travelled and you don’t get to represent the likes of the clubs he mentions without being able to play a bit.
    We are obviously no longer in a position to ‘splash the cash’ but other end of career signings, like Ian Taylor and Paul McGrath, worked out well so why shouldn’t CK-R? He might or might not be a prolific goal scorer for us, but if his physical presence troubles defenders it might enable others to thrive.

Either way...what I’m saying, for hopefully the final time, is that, in Duncan and Kazim Richards, we’ve signed players at the beginning and the end of their careers. It helps no one, imo, for Derby ‘fans’ to describe the former as a ‘bin dipping’ scally and the other as some sort of washed up journeyman. Personally I prefer to judge on what I see rather than rumour and innuendo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-10-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Is this the same Frank who made two appearances for Bournemouth in league 1 in his career in England? Still maybe te Wierik is proving him right, although Virgil van Dyke may demur?
    Yes, GP, good old Frank. Only 2 games played but he watched the games he missed through injury and got to know what L1 defenders are all about in training, when getting back to fitness, although at least one of his injuries did occur in training, so his thoughts aren't as irrelevant as you may be suggesting.

Having seen te Wierik quite a bit on TV when he was at Groningen and also seen all the minutes he's played for us on RamsTV, I think he is struggling with the pace and the hurly burly physicality of Campionship football. I don't know if he'll make the transition.

Why would van Dijk object or be hesitant?

You may have misunderstood my meaning rA. I did, indeed quote quite a few places he's been but the motivation was to point out that Feijenoord was the only place he did better than a goal every 3 games and at his last 5 clubs he has averaged 1 in 4.5.

As I said earlier, I hope he's a success for us and I will back him should we ever be allowed back into stadia. However, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour so it would be a huge change up if he were to do better than 1 in 5 in the Championship. My opinion, and I really hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Yes, GP, good old Frank. Only 2 games played but he watched the games he missed through injury and got to know what L1 defenders are all about in training, when getting back to fitness, although at least one of his injuries did occur in training, so his thoughts aren't as irrelevant as you may be suggesting.

Having seen te Wierik quite a bit on TV when he was at Groningen and also seen all the minutes he's played for us on RamsTV, I think he is struggling with the pace and the hurly burly physicality of Campionship football. I don't know if he'll make the transition.

Why would van Dijk object or be hesitant?
    van Dyke, along with many high quality dutch defenders such as Krol, Koeman, Stam, de Boer, Rijkard, Gullit (latterly) might find the assessment by a "nobody" in EFL terms mnaking such negative aspersions........

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    You may have misunderstood my meaning rA. I did, indeed quote quite a few places he's been but the motivation was to point out that Feijenoord was the only place he did better than a goal every 3 games and at his last 5 clubs he has averaged 1 in 4.5.

As I said earlier, I hope he's a success for us and I will back him should we ever be allowed back into stadia. However, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour so it would be a huge change up if he were to do better than 1 in 5 in the Championship. My opinion, and I really hope I am wrong.
    I don’t think I misunderstood you, MA. I know you don’t rate CK-R as a goal scorer but I was talking about your reference to the clubs he has played for. You don’t get to represent such celebrated sides across Europe and South America unless you can play a bit...imo.
    Anyway even if he only manages 1-5 it’d be an improvement on Marriott’s 1-7 and whatever Martin has produced for a combination of us, Fulham, Reading and Hull over the last few seasons.
    Teams are like jigsaws and the acquisition of a big, hard forward who knows his way around might be just what we’ve been missing. For all we know the alternatives might have just priced themselves out of our range and I’m at least as happy with CK-R as I would have been with big time Charlie from WBA. Let’s just give him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Can’t say it any other way, mista. I’m NOT having a go at you at all, and yes of course fans can say what they think of players’ performances, but having a go at players before they’ve had an opportunity to show their ability and prove themselves is unhelpful...imo.

P.S. I didn’t ‘blame Evans for the Watford defeat’...I said I thought he had a poor game and that I’ve never really rated him...two very different things and I have seen him play many times.
    RA that's what I've been trying to say we all have differing opinions You don't rate Evans I do He was good enough for he Man Cty academy Lampard bought and rates him and I'm pretty sure he knows more about players than we do ,especially midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA that's what I've been trying to say we all have differing opinions You don't rate Evans I do He was good enough for he Man Cty academy Lampard bought and rates him and I'm pretty sure he knows more about players than we do ,especially midfielders
    Clearly Lampard knows more than me, or any of us, about players, mista...he was bloody awful in the transfer market for us though and now he’s been granted infinite wealth at Chelski who can tell?

The difference between me having an opinion on Evans, or FloJo is that I’ve seen them play regularly. I doubt anyone on here or in Derby has seen much of Duncan or CK-R...yet still they’re quick to form a negative opinion.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)