Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
RA 4days to go the longest 14days of my life . I hate stopping in anytime . We will have to disagree on Lampard suppose it's just the same as now with Wayne Rooneys Derby County . Can't really fathom why you have a downer on Lampard it was bloody sight more interesting than it is now . We've only just changed the way we play because of the player meeting . When Curtis Davies told Cocu he would get us relegated if he didn't change the way we play . As for Lampard leaving us worse off , every manager does that . We should know we're the experts at it You used to rate Lampard once 31-05- 2018 in his appointment you wrote. " Despite is lack of experience Lampard has other qualities and I expect him to be able to attract good players" ��
Jeez, mista...you must be at your wits end if you’ve got time to trawl through to see what I wrote over two years ago!

I don’t see any contradiction at all in that comment. I was pleased with his appointment and I don’t have a ‘downer’ on him. It’s not even a case of the ‘Capt. Hindsights’...it’s just that now we can look back with 20/20 vision, so...

Was I pleased when Lampard brought us the three loanees? Of course I was.
Did I expect Lampard to remain with us for more than one season? Yes...especially if he wasn’t particularly successful, which he wasn’t.
Did I fall for all the ‘bounce’ stuff and heart thumping? No...but it was occasionally fun while it lasted.
Do I rate his transfer dealings? Loanees, which are NOT transfers, apart...not very highly. He got rid of some good players and brought in a mixture of decent and dross imo.
Do I think he left us in a stronger position than Rowett? Absolutely not...the backbone of the side left immediately after Wembley...he dillied and dallied over whether he was staying or not which reduced our opportunities to find a suitable replacement quickly enough to use that transfer window, and by the time he left he seemed to have had Clough Jnr type fall outs with Marriott and Martin.
Am I disappointed that he’s done absolutely nothing to help us since he went to Chelsea? Yes...but not entirely surprised.

So, no downer. I’m completely indifferent to what he does now but, looking at things objectively, some exciting moments apart, I don’t think he did Derby County much good at all, and if you’re really bored...please tell me how DCFC were better off following Lampard’s departure than after Rowett’s...that, after all, is the acid test of any manager.