+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA 4days to go the longest 14days of my life . I hate stopping in anytime . We will have to disagree on Lampard suppose it's just the same as now with Wayne Rooneys Derby County . Can't really fathom why you have a downer on Lampard it was bloody sight more interesting than it is now . We've only just changed the way we play because of the player meeting . When Curtis Davies told Cocu he would get us relegated if he didn't change the way we play . As for Lampard leaving us worse off , every manager does that . We should know we're the experts at it You used to rate Lampard once 31-05- 2018 in his appointment you wrote. " Despite is lack of experience Lampard has other qualities and I expect him to be able to attract good players" ��
    Jeez, mista...you must be at your wits end if you’ve got time to trawl through to see what I wrote over two years ago!

I don’t see any contradiction at all in that comment. I was pleased with his appointment and I don’t have a ‘downer’ on him. It’s not even a case of the ‘Capt. Hindsights’...it’s just that now we can look back with 20/20 vision, so...

Was I pleased when Lampard brought us the three loanees? Of course I was.
    Did I expect Lampard to remain with us for more than one season? Yes...especially if he wasn’t particularly successful, which he wasn’t.
    Did I fall for all the ‘bounce’ stuff and heart thumping? No...but it was occasionally fun while it lasted.
    Do I rate his transfer dealings? Loanees, which are NOT transfers, apart...not very highly. He got rid of some good players and brought in a mixture of decent and dross imo.
    Do I think he left us in a stronger position than Rowett? Absolutely not...the backbone of the side left immediately after Wembley...he dillied and dallied over whether he was staying or not which reduced our opportunities to find a suitable replacement quickly enough to use that transfer window, and by the time he left he seemed to have had Clough Jnr type fall outs with Marriott and Martin.
    Am I disappointed that he’s done absolutely nothing to help us since he went to Chelsea? Yes...but not entirely surprised.

So, no downer. I’m completely indifferent to what he does now but, looking at things objectively, some exciting moments apart, I don’t think he did Derby County much good at all, and if you’re really bored...please tell me how DCFC were better off following Lampard’s departure than after Rowett’s...that, after all, is the acid test of any manager.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39609811]Jeez, mista...you must be at your wits end if you’ve got time to trawl through to see what I wrote over two years ago!

I don’t see any contradiction at all in that comment. I was pleased with his appointment and I don’t have a ‘downer’ on him. It’s not even a case of the ‘Capt. Hindsights’...it’s just that now we can look back with 20/20 vision, so...

Did I expect Lampard to remain with us for more than one season? Yes...especially if he wasn’t particularly successful, which he wasn’t.
    Did I fall for all the ‘bounce’ stuff and heart thumping? No...but it was occasionally fun while it lasted.
    Do I rate his transfer dealings? Loanees, which are NOT transfers, apart...not very highly. He got rid of some good players and brought in a mixture of decent and dross imo.
    Do I think he left us in a stronger position than Rowett? Absolutely not...the backbone of the side left immediately after Wembley...he dillied and dallied over whether he was staying or not which reduced our opportunities to find a suitable replacement quickly enough to use that transfer window, and by the time he left he seemed to have had Clough Jnr type fall outs with Marriott and Martin.
    Am I disappointed that he’s done absolutely nothing to help us since he went to Chelsea? Yes...but not entirely surprised.

So, no downer. I’m completely indifferent to what he does now but, looking at things objectively, some exciting moments apart, I don’t think he did Derby County much good at all, and if you’re really bored...please tell me how DCFC were better off following Lampard’s departure than after Rowett’s...that, after all, is the acid test of any manager.[/

RA I would hate to hear you then if you do get a downer with anybody Ridiculous to compare Rowett to Lampard one plays hoof ball and the other got us to a Wembley final . One we got £1.2 million compensation the other got us £4million . Do I think he left us in a worse position than Rowett no I don't Cocu took over a squad that had reach the play off final minus the three loanees He chose to spend his transfer budget on Beilic . Find hard to understand why think Rowett left us in a good position .He was told he had to reduce the wage bill , and player ages ,and a limited budget He knew he couldn't do that and shot of to Stoke where they had money. I agree that Lampard was wrong with his will he won't be stay . He should have cancelled his TV commitment s in Russia and given MM an answer earlier.MM couldn't push it because of the compensation as I've been told Lampard and his staff contracts ran till the end of July. Chelsea have been criticised for not loaning us players Well they won't be doing by the same management are there I know why but better not say ,can't afford the litigation
    Last edited by mistaram; 29-10-2020 at 03:33 PM.

[QUOTE=mistaram;39609884]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Jeez, mista...you must be at your wits end if you’ve got time to trawl through to see what I wrote over two years ago!

So, no downer. I’m completely indifferent to what he does now but, looking at things objectively, some exciting moments apart, I don’t think he did Derby County much good at all, and if you’re really bored...please tell me how DCFC were better off following Lampard’s departure than after Rowett’s...that, after all, is the acid test of any manager.[/

RA I would hate to hear you then if you do get a downer with anybody Ridiculous to compare Rowett to Lampard one plays hoof ball and the other got us to a Wembley final . One we got £1.2 million compensation the other got us £4million . Do I think he left us in a worse position than Rowett no I don't Cocu took over a squad that had reach the play off final minus the three loanees He chose to spend his transfer budget on Beilic . Find hard to understand why think Rowett left us in a good position .He was told he had to reduce the wage bill , and player ages ,and a limited budget He knew he couldn't do that and shot of to Stoke where they had money. I agree that Lampard was wrong with his will he won't be stay . He should have cancelled his TV commitment s in Russia and given MM an answer earlier.MM couldn't push it because of the compensation as I've been told Lampard and his staff contracts ran till the end of July. Chelsea have been criticised for not loaning us players Well they won't be doing by the same management are there I know why but better not say ,can't afford the litigation
    Lol...you’ve heard it...every time Trump, Johnson, Rees Mogg, Williamson, Patel and Claude Davis are mentioned.

It’s obviously not ridiculous to compare Rowett and Lampard...one took over from the other...they both finished sixth in the Championship...Rowett got one more point and Lampard took us one match further but, imo, Rowett left us with more to build on because the foundations of Lampard’s team all buggered off as soon as the season finished.

You say Cocu took over a squad that got to a Wembley final...’minus the three loanees’, but they were crucial to the team and once Keogh had gone too, after about seven matches, the backbone of that side was well and truly destroyed.

Think you’ve got the seasons mixed up as regards TV commitments in Russia...I’m not certain but I think they delayed Lampard at the beginning of his time at Derby, whereas I’m criticising the time he took to leave. That may well have been largely Chelsea’s fault but he owed us a quick response imo.

I’ve no idea what that last sentence about loans and litigation means...maybe it requires a pm.

Mista is saying for some reason its unlikely that the present management team at Chelsea will loan players to us he isn't speculating or revealing the reason to avoid litigation, seems clear enough to me!

How can you criticise Lampard for the time it took to leave? You ahve no idea why it took so long and clubs and fans are only to keen to dump a manager quickly so a touch of hypocrisy there!

Oh FFS! How pedantic are you, a transfer is one player from a club to another, if its temporary its classed as a loan, you clearly have too much time on your hands!

Swale: Retirement does that to people cooped, or semi cooped, up.

Tis not rA's fault, its a COVID lockdown fever thing that we all have some variety of

So, naturalliy, its Johnson's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Swale: Retirement does that to people cooped, or semi cooped, up.

Tis not rA's fault, its a COVID lockdown fever thing that we all have some variety of

So, naturalliy, its Johnson's fault!
    Oh here we go...the return of the dynamic duo. Are you two speaking again then?

Firstly Swale, I really don’t need you to explain what mista is saying...it’s ‘clear enough’ to me too, I’m just not privy to the detail so was seeking further clarification in a way which would avoid possible litigation. Not at all sure what that’s got to do with you

Yes, you’re right...I don’t know the details of why it took Lampard so long to make his mind up, and frankly I don’t care...all I cared about, in those circumstances, were the consequences for DCFC.

‘Too much time on my hands’ and ‘pedantic’? Hmmm...okay, I’ve recently been self isolating and today it’s been peeing down all day so I’ve answered all the posts that have come my way of late. Something wrong with that?

Really not my fault that you seem unable to differentiate between ‘loans’ and ‘transfers’.
    Loans are usually, unless they’re of the Clarke type, temporary short term fixes, whereas ‘transfers’ are permanent and, normally, aimed at longer term gain and building a squad. In the context we’re speaking of here, i.e. what Lampard achieved for Derby, that is crucial...he used the loan market very well...it came close to working...but it didn’t...and once he and his three loanees had left, after about ten months, it didn’t, imo, leave Derby in a very good place.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39609977]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Lol...you’ve heard it...every time Trump, Johnson, Rees Mogg, Williamson, Patel and Claude Davis are mentioned.

It’s obviously not ridiculous to compare Rowett and Lampard...one took over from the other...they both finished sixth in the Championship...Rowett got one more point and Lampard took us one match further but, imo, Rowett left us with more to build on because the foundations of Lampard’s team all buggered off as soon as the season finished.

You say Cocu took over a squad that got to a Wembley final...’minus the three loanees’, but they were crucial to the team and once Keogh had gone too, after about seven matches, the backbone of that side was well and truly destroyed.

Think you’ve got the seasons mixed up as regards TV commitments in Russia...I’m not certain but I think they delayed Lampard at the beginning of his time at Derby, whereas I’m criticising the time he took to leave. That may well have been largely Chelsea’s fault but he owed us a quick response imo.

I’ve no idea what that last sentence about loans and litigation means...maybe it requires a pm.
    How can you say the foundations of Lampards team buggered off . We used 26players that season and three left . Don't know why your bringing Keogh into it we are supposed to be discussing Rowett and Lampard . Twice you have you have said about Lampard getting rid of good players Can you tell us who they were You say he fell out Nigel Clough style with Martin and Marriott well he was not on his own practically every manager has fell out with them Maybe the players not the manager .

[QUOTE=mistaram;39610089]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

How can you say the foundations of Lampards team buggered off . We used 26players that season and three left . Don't know why your bringing Keogh into it we are supposed to be discussing Rowett and Lampard . Twice you have you have said about Lampard getting rid of good players Can you tell us who they were You say he fell out Nigel Clough style with Martin and Marriott well he was not on his own practically every manager has fell out with them Maybe the players not the manager .
    So Tomori, Wilson, Mount - along with Keogh - weren’t the ‘foundation’ of that side? You know better than that.

Carson, Pearce and Vydra. I know you don’t rate Carson but Man. City seem to have a place for him and he was better than anything we had until Marshall imo.

It was only a few days ago that you were holding up Marriott and Martin as examples of what we’d lost...now you’re blaming them rather than the manager.

I mentioned Keogh as an example of another loss that Cocu has had to deal with.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-10-2020 at 09:08 PM.

Can you imagine Bobby Duncan going on social media, to find out what the fans think about him, he'd be bloody confused if he just looked at the last few pages on here, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Can you imagine Bobby Duncan going on social media, to find out what the fans think about him, he'd be bloody confused if he just looked at the last few pages on here, lol.
    Lol...me and Bobby both.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)