+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why shut pubs at 10pm

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    And that's the thing - they can't control a virus and they know it, so instead they control the people. I've said from the start of this whole thing that it's no more nor less than an exercise in social control. Unfortunately the biggest proportion of the population can't see it yet because they've been brainwashed by all the scare mongering that the government(s) and sycophantic, over cautious medical and scientific 'experts' are responsible for. They have some people thinking that this virus can simply jump out and attack you as you walk past it - but only after 10pm or if you're not wearing an entirely ineffective face covering.

Quick question, how can any medic or scientist be an expert in something that that they've never experienced and have no real reliable data on? Are they experts in assumption based on guesswork? I think they are and the infamous R number is proof of that.
    They can't, you trust them to make "educated" guesses...that's all I see when I see the word modelling.

But their guesses have been miles out.....but the more they are wrong the bigger the lies become.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    They can't, you trust them to make "educated" guesses...that's all I see when I see the word modelling.

But their guesses have been miles out.....but the more they are wrong the bigger the lies become.
    Unfortunately once you start lying that lie needs to grow to protect itself when it's shown for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

What really annoys me that everyone throughout Scotland are now going to have to adopt the same restrictions as what is currently happening in the West of Scotland.
    This statement is wrong as I live in the West of Scotland which covers a huge area of Scotland but we currently do not have these restrictions which are currently in force throughout the Greater Glasgow area.
    In my opinion people living in the rest of Scotland are being penalised because people in the Greater Glasgow area have not been playing by the rules. Nicola Sturgeon is a Glasgow MSP and she should have been ‘cracking the whip’.
    Two weeks ago there was Open golf competition with golfers travelling from the Greater Glasgow area to take part in the competition on Machrie golf course on Islay. I complained to the Secretary and Chairman of Islay Community Council who are also members of the Islay Community Recovery Group that the committee of Islay Golf Club were being very irresponsible having this golf competition as it could introduce the Covid-19 virus to Islay which has been virus free.
    I did not even receive the courtesy of a reply and of course nothing was done as the Open golf competition was sponsored by a local whisky distillery.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    What really annoys me that everyone throughout Scotland are now going to have to adopt the same restrictions as what is currently happening in the West of Scotland.
    This statement is wrong as I live in the West of Scotland which covers a huge area of Scotland but we currently do not have these restrictions which are currently in force throughout the Greater Glasgow area.
    In my opinion people living in the rest of Scotland are being penalised because people in the Greater Glasgow area have not been playing by the rules. Nicola Sturgeon is a Glasgow MSP and she should have been ‘cracking the whip’.
    Two weeks ago there was Open golf competition with golfers travelling from the Greater Glasgow area to take part in the competition on Machrie golf course on Islay. I complained to the Secretary and Chairman of Islay Community Council who are also members of the Islay Community Recovery Group that the committee of Islay Golf Club were being very irresponsible having this golf competition as it could introduce the Covid-19 virus to Islay which has been virus free.
    I did not even receive the courtesy of a reply and of course nothing was done as the Open golf competition was sponsored by a local whisky distillery.
    I’m doing a wee tour of north Scotland just now, stopped at Pitlochry and house of brua on way, both mobbed with no social distancing and a lack of masks, Inverness a bit of a mixed bag, but Ullapool tongue and the orkneys very strict, not sure if it’s because people fear for their livelihoods in hotels and bars,
    I went to a take away chip shop in Ullapool they asked me to fill in track and trace, I questioned it and was told it was policy, just a jobs worth in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I’m doing a wee tour of north Scotland just now, stopped at Pitlochry and house of brua on way, both mobbed with no social distancing and a lack of masks, Inverness a bit of a mixed bag, but Ullapool tongue and the orkneys very strict, not sure if it’s because people fear for their livelihoods in hotels and bars,
    I went to a take away chip shop in Ullapool they asked me to fill in track and trace, I questioned it and was told it was policy, just a jobs worth in my eyes
    They have track and trace in the restaurant at The House of Bruar but nobody was enforcing it,place was bursting at the seams...

Was in The Green Welly for breakfast on Sunday. There was a sign up asking people to put their contact details on a sheet of paper as you entered the food serving area. Nobody doing it and nobody caring. Bacon roll was good though.

Was in The Green Welly for breakfast on Sunday. There was a sign up asking people to put their contact details on a sheet of paper as you entered the food serving area. Nobody doing it and nobody caring. Bacon roll was good though.
    I saw someone had written Boris Sturgeon and 999 as a phone number a few rows above me the other day.

The thought of Boris and Sturgeon getting it on gave me the heebie jeebies.

Tongue!!! Your a blether.😁

I no longer travel from Dundee to Islay on a Sunday as the A85 and A82 are mobbed with motor bikers overtaking on blind concerns and thinking that they own the road. Scary stuff.

There has certainly been double standards on Islay.
    During the lockdown some of the ‘jumpy’ local residents were threatening to go down to the Calmac ferry ports at Port Askaig and Port Ellen and send back any people arriving on the Calmac ferry from Kennacraig that they did not recognise.
    Since then at the start of August there has been a Golf Week attended by Islay Golf Club members from all over the UK and an Open Golf competition with golfers travelling from the Greater Glasgow area despite there being a spike in the number of positive Covid-19 cases in that area at the time of the competition.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)