+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Why shut pubs at 10pm

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    What a phuckin sanctimonious @rsehole you are.

It’s not for you to tell anyone what to do or force your will on any organisation.

If you want change, change it from within.

What a cock

What a phuckin sanctimonious @rsehole you are.

It’s not for you to tell anyone what to do or force your will on any organisation.

If you want change, change it from within.
    Thank you for your post.
    I have just had a sleepless night as a result of Deeranged’s previous post number 37.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Thank you for your post.
    I have just had a sleepless night as a result of Deeranged’s previous post number 37.
    Bit snowflaky for someone that's happy to dish out internet abuse and threats and who publicly celebrates the death of an individual isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post

I’m also a cock
    Fixed it for ya

Fixed it for ya
    Are you twelve years of age? Younger? Can't be any older surely?

Are you twelve years of age? Younger? Can't be any older surely?
    Why are you interested in my age?

'you were the cause of me being banned on the DBF because you would not listen to reason'. I wouldn't listen to reason but you got banned? Where to start with that one. Let's go with you were unreasonable, abusive and threatening, should be enough and says all anyone needs to now about you. I wasn't the cause of you being bannned, you managed that all by yourself.

'There is no point in me wasting my time replying to your latest post'. Obviously, because it's the truth and you don't like it - but you responded anyway so thanks for that.

'I also find it very surprising that you are so anti DFCSS'. Quite the contrary, I expended a good amount of time and effort trying to build some kind of relationship between society and club only to see that destroyed by a certain individual squeezing himself onto the board. To now see an even more divisive, and indeed downright nasty, individual such as yourself be given a position on the board upsets me. I want what's best for the society, your appointment is the exact opposite of what's best for the society.

My thoughts on the A shares are well known by the DFCSS board and by the club board; indeed most readers here will at least have an idea of my thoughts if they've bothered to read my opinion instead of just forming their own and ignoring that of others, the way you do.

Why don't you do the best thing for the society and advise them that are no longer in a position to accept a co-opted position on the society board? If you and the other problem go the society might have a chance of getting decent people in. Whilst a divisive individual such as you remains involved no right thinking individual will go near it.
    That's your opinion Deeranged and possibly an opinion shared by others. You will know the thankless task that faces those who are trying to keep DFCSS moving along and the difficulty faced by the fact that there are few supporters willing to help with the society. One could argue that you and Prince Buster have been very strident in your criticisms of John Nelms. Your views seem to me to be far more likely to create problems for DFCSS than some illjudged comment from Islay.

I think you have done the right thing to post your views on this forum where Islay can respond. I doubt if Islay had been in a position to respond on TDB that their mods would have allowed some of the "bash Islay" comments that clearly breach their codes for behaviour. As I say fair play to you for speaking your mind and giving Islay a chance to respond.

At the end of the day we are all Dee's and it is sad to see such personal animosity being expressed.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    That's your opinion Deeranged and possibly an opinion shared by others. You will know the thankless task that faces those who are trying to keep DFCSS moving along and the difficulty faced by the fact that there are few supporters willing to help with the society. One could argue that you and Prince Buster have been very strident in your criticisms of John Nelms. Your views seem to me to be far more likely to create problems for DFCSS than some illjudged comment from Islay.

I think you have done the right thing to post your views on this forum where Islay can respond. I doubt if Islay had been in a position to respond on TDB that their mods would have allowed some of the "bash Islay" comments that clearly breach their codes for behaviour. As I say fair play to you for speaking your mind and giving Islay a chance to respond.

At the end of the day we are all Dee's and it is sad to see such personal animosity being expressed.
    The only opinion of mine in that post is where I state that my previous post told the truth regarding the HGV incident. However I believe I'm right in my assertions on that one as Islay's account just doesn't add up.

The rest is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I
    What are your thoughts about FPS wanting to purchase A shares with the entrenched rights from DFCSS for a pittance. If that ever happens there would be nothing to prevent FPS insisting that Dundee FC vacate Dens Park and ground share at Tannadice, change the team colours or merge with United.
    Why would FPS do that though?

All of us will have opinions on how well FPS have run our club, my view is they have done a lot of good but also made some terrible decisions. They are very good a business and not so good at football decisions (McIntyre in particular stands out).
    You may have a different view and that is just as valid as mine.

I do not accept FPS have any malignant intent for our club and there is certainly no way they would ever merge us with United or move us to Tannadice, there is simply no profit in that, no way to make money.

It is essential for FPS to own over 75% of shares, as part of a high value US group of companies they can write off against Tax all losses made be companies within the group and Keyes Capital will be very adept at that. They do not need A shares but they do need 75%. That will allow Tim Keyes to keep funding without it hurting and the long game he is playing will see him take the profits from the Stadium development. That is what is in it for FPS, merging with United and moving to Tannadice is contrary to that.

We all love Dens, but when the club was sold to FPS it was almost inevitable the club will move to a new ground sooner or later. No doubt they have looked at options at Dens, but they just will not generate the profit that Campy will.

I would hope that all at DFCSS would work with the club recognising that ultimately the Owners need a profit somewhere and helping that while keeping the protections in place and seeking to influence the quality of the new facilities - stadium for the fans and training ground for the Team and Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    Why would FPS do that though?

All of us will have opinions on how well FPS have run our club, my view is they have done a lot of good but also made some terrible decisions. They are very good a business and not so good at football decisions (McIntyre in particular stands out).
    You may have a different view and that is just as valid as mine.

I do not accept FPS have any malignant intent for our club and there is certainly no way they would ever merge us with United or move us to Tannadice, there is simply no profit in that, no way to make money.

It is essential for FPS to own over 75% of shares, as part of a high value US group of companies they can write off against Tax all losses made be companies within the group and Keyes Capital will be very adept at that. They do not need A shares but they do need 75%. That will allow Tim Keyes to keep funding without it hurting and the long game he is playing will see him take the profits from the Stadium development. That is what is in it for FPS, merging with United and moving to Tannadice is contrary to that.

We all love Dens, but when the club was sold to FPS it was almost inevitable the club will move to a new ground sooner or later. No doubt they have looked at options at Dens, but they just will not generate the profit that Campy will.

I would hope that all at DFCSS would work with the club recognising that ultimately the Owners need a profit somewhere and helping that while keeping the protections in place and seeking to influence the quality of the new facilities - stadium for the fans and training ground for the Team and Academy.
    There's no money in it but it is an exit strategy......no matter how unpalatable.

I know it's not a lot of money in the big scheme of things but 100k going in from the fans every year may have renewed or underpinned FPS commitment to the club.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)