+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Why shut pubs at 10pm

Quote Originally Posted by deeranged View Post
    apologies, one of my few weaknesses.

For 'few' read 'many'.
    xd xd

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    So your opinion's more correct than the proposals that have come out of multiple studies by qualified experts including Civil Engineers, Road Construction Engineers and Geologists?

What soil sampling and sample drills have you carried out? Can you post up your detailed CAD model? How will you carry out the piling you're going to need? Can you confirm the rock types you'll confront in your preferred option? Or have you based your proposal solely on what would suit you and on general demographics and assumed that nothing technical really matters?

Any idea why there have been loads of people in hard hats and yellow jackets prowling these roads for several years if all they've done is a desk top review and looked at a map?
    I have driven the road from Crianlarich to the turn off at Dalmally on many occasions whilst recently I have driven the road from Lochgilphead to Oban and then the A85 from Oban to Dalmally on several occasions. Driving theses roads gives me plenty of time to see where the roads could be widened to dual carriageway standard if the Scottish Government owned Transport Scotland had the will to do so. However Nicola is more interested in pandering to her ‘poodles’ the Greens who are totally against new road projects preferring to spend the money on public transport initiatives. That is fine if you live in the Central Belt of Scotland where Patrick Harvie leader of the Greens lives but no use for people living in remote parts of Scotland.
    Last December the Inveraray to Dalmally road was closed due to a serious road accident and we had to travel via the A83 at the Rest and be Thankful and then the A82 from Tarbet to Crianlarich. We were just about wiped out on a hairpin bend in the section between Tarbet and Ardlui by an HGV that was too far over the centre of the road. Never again will I travel on that section of the A82.
    No doubt some posters on TDB forum would have been happy if we had been killed judging by their latest posts about me on the Dark Blues Forum.
    Included in the 11 proposals is one to build a bridge which is 2.4 miles long. To put things into perspective that would be longer than the Tay Road Bridge whilst another proposal has a tunnel which is 1.6 miles long.
    These are fantasy land proposals to serve an area of Scotland which is a backwater and is heavily dependent on tourism.
    According to an article in the Scotsman to date Transport Scotland have spent £13.6 million on the road problems at the Rest and be Thankful and they are nowhere near finding a permanent solution to the problem which first started in August 2004 over 16 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I have driven the road from Crianlarich to the turn off at Dalmally on many occasions whilst recently I have driven the road from Lochgilphead to Oban and then the A85 from Oban to Dalmally on several occasions. Driving theses roads gives me plenty of time to see where the roads could be widened to dual carriageway standard if the Scottish Government owned Transport Scotland had the will to do so. However Nicola is more interested in pandering to her ‘poodles’ the Greens who are totally against new road projects preferring to spend the money on public transport initiatives. That is fine if you live in the Central Belt of Scotland where Patrick Harvie leader of the Greens lives but no use for people living in remote parts of Scotland.
    Last December the Inveraray to Dalmally road was closed due to a serious road accident and we had to travel via the A83 at the Rest and be Thankful and then the A82 from Tarbet to Crianlarich. We were just about wiped out on a hairpin bend in the section between Tarbet and Ardlui by an HGV that was too far over the centre of the road. Never again will I travel on that section of the A82.
    No doubt some posters on TDB forum would have been happy if we had been killed judging by their latest posts about me on the Dark Blues Forum.
    Included in the 11 proposals is one to build a bridge which is 2.4 miles long. To put things into perspective that would be longer than the Tay Road Bridge whilst another proposal has a tunnel which is 1.6 miles long.
    These are fantasy land proposals to serve an area of Scotland which is a backwater and is heavily dependent on tourism.
    According to an article in the Scotsman to date Transport Scotland have spent £13.6 million on the road problems at the Rest and be Thankful and they are nowhere near finding a permanent solution to the problem which first started in August 2004 over 16 years ago.
    You can't carry out an effective survey with the intention of upgrading miles of road safely and effectively by driving along the road now can you? What you have given is opinion whilst the 11 proposals are based on survey and study. If it's OK with you I'll ignore your thoughts and listen to the experts.

As regards nearly getting wiped out by an HGV on a hairpin bend on the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui. I've travelled this stretch of road a few times and yes there are some bends on it however all are perfectly safely negotiable at the correct speed and when in full control of your vehicle. I would not describe any of the bends as 'hairpin', tight maybe (not even that tight) but hairpin definitely not. Could it be that you were concentrating so hard on assessing the suitability of the route for upgrade to dual carriageway that you took your eye off the road, approached a bend at excessive speed, lost control slightly and that you were the one that strayed over too far into the HGV's path? Just seems too many inconsistencies and potential links between actions in your story to rule this option out.

I enclose a link to a website named 'Google Maps' which I hope will show this stretch of road in discussion and will demonstrate that no hairpin bends exist thereon.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ardl...56.2039969!3e0

By the way I've read the kicking you're getting on TDB. I doubt anyone would celebrate had you faced your demise in that incident - that sort of behaviour is your territory and not that of the average, normal thinking individual.

You can't carry out an effective survey with the intention of upgrading miles of road safely and effectively by driving along the road now can you? What you have given is opinion whilst the 11 proposals are based on survey and study. If it's OK with you I'll ignore your thoughts and listen to the experts.

As regards nearly getting wiped out by an HGV on a hairpin bend on the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui. I've travelled this stretch of road a few times and yes there are some bends on it however all are perfectly safely negotiable at the correct speed and when in full control of your vehicle. I would not describe any of the bends as 'hairpin', tight maybe (not even that tight) but hairpin definitely not. Could it be that you were concentrating so hard on assessing the suitability of the route for upgrade to dual carriageway that you took your eye off the road, approached a bend at excessive speed, lost control slightly and that you were the one that strayed over too far into the HGV's path? Just seems too many inconsistencies and potential links between actions in your story to rule this option out.

I enclose a link to a website named 'Google Maps' which I hope will show this stretch of road in discussion and will demonstrate that no hairpin bends exist thereon.

By the way I've read the kicking you're getting on TDB. I doubt anyone would celebrate had you faced your demise in that incident - that sort of behaviour is your territory and not that of the average, normal thinking individual.
    Very surprised half loads no joined in.😎

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Very surprised half loads no joined in.��

I know what happened when we were nearly wiped out by the HGV on the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui.
    I had to stop the car and fortunately the HGV missed us. The road was quiet as it was the middle of December otherwise someone might have crashed into the back of our car. I was very shaken up by this near miss and I will never travel on the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui until this section of road is bypassed.
    Goodness knows what holiday makers from England travelling by car on this stretch of the A82 think about it.

I know what happened when we were nearly wiped out by the HGV on the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui.
    I had to stop the car and fortunately the HGV missed us. The road was quiet as it was the middle of December otherwise someone might have crashed into the back of our car. I was very shaken up by this near miss and I will never travel on the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui until this section of road is bypassed.
    Goodness knows what holiday makers from England travelling by car on this stretch of the A82 think about it.
    Of course you know how you saw it. No witnesses and I bet you didn't bother asking the HGV driver for his or her side of the story.

Why would someone drive into the back of your car? Did you come to a full stop in the road? Would any car behind you have been taken by surprise at your sudden braking, this would seem unlikely if an HGV was over the centre line as that driver would surely have seen it same as you? Did the HGV also come to a full stop? How can it be that you came to a full stop when faced with an HGV directly ahead of you without actually hitting it? Was it the case that you had actually passed the oncoming HGV before you decided to stop of your own volition? Why would you stop in that situation and not simply accelerate away from the hazard having regained control of your vehicle?

I can 100% guarantee you that there are many, many roads in England and indeed all over Europe and the rest of the world that are significantly more difficult to drive on than the stretch of the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui. Why would any English, or any other nationality for that matter, holiday maker believe that stretch of road was particularly dangerous?

My opinion is that you nearly caused an accident but are in denial of the fact and that you have formed a contrary sequence of events in your own mind to cover up for your inabilities. Part of that justification is to convince yourself that the stretch of road in question is significantly more dangerous than it really is; this in turn has resulted in you forming an irrational fear of that stretch of road and therefore you now don't like driving on it.

Now, you can argue contrary to my opinion all you like but I have formed my opinion now and will take a leaf out of your book and say that I am correct and nothing you can say will ever change my opinion.

For your info I also post on TDB under the name of Prince Buster, if you wish to contact me I'd prefer that you simply say so rather than stalking another poster and approaching that poster for information on my identity. That is scary stuff and for me it points you out as a very dangerous individual, unsuitable to hold any position in which you may represent others.

Of course you know how you saw it. No witnesses and I bet you didn't bother asking the HGV driver for his or her side of the story.

Why would someone drive into the back of your car? Did you come to a full stop in the road? Would any car behind you have been taken by surprise at your sudden braking, this would seem unlikely if an HGV was over the centre line as that driver would surely have seen it same as you? Did the HGV also come to a full stop? How can it be that you came to a full stop when faced with an HGV directly ahead of you without actually hitting it? Was it the case that you had actually passed the oncoming HGV before you decided to stop of your own volition? Why would you stop in that situation and not simply accelerate away from the hazard having regained control of your vehicle?

I can 100% guarantee you that there are many, many roads in England and indeed all over Europe and the rest of the world that are significantly more difficult to drive on than the stretch of the A82 between Tarbet and Ardlui. Why would any English, or any other nationality for that matter, holiday maker believe that stretch of road was particularly dangerous?

My opinion is that you nearly caused an accident but are in denial of the fact and that you have formed a contrary sequence of events in your own mind to cover up for your inabilities. Part of that justification is to convince yourself that the stretch of road in question is significantly more dangerous than it really is; this in turn has resulted in you forming an irrational fear of that stretch of road and therefore you now don't like driving on it.

Now, you can argue contrary to my opinion all you like but I have formed my opinion now and will take a leaf out of your book and say that I am correct and nothing you can say will ever change my opinion.

For your info I also post on TDB under the name of Prince Buster, if you wish to contact me I'd prefer that you simply say so rather than stalking another poster and approaching that poster for information on my identity. That is scary stuff and for me it points you out as a very dangerous individual, unsuitable to hold any position in which you may represent others.
    I
    Deeranged.i know exactly who you are and you were the cause of me being banned on the DBF because you would not listen to reason. It was your way or no way. There is no point in me wasting my time replying to your latest post. I thought that when you asked the Calmac ferry from Lochaline to Finnish and my thoughts about the alternative routes for the Rest and be Thankful that you were being more conciliatory.
    I also find it very surprising that you are so anti DFCSS.
    What are your thoughts about FPS wanting to purchase A shares with the entrenched rights from DFCSS for a pittance. If that ever happens there would be nothing to prevent FPS insisting that Dundee FC vacate Dens Park and ground share at Tannadice, change the team colours or merge with United.

I
    Deeranged.i know exactly who you are and you were the cause of me being banned on the DBF because you would not listen to reason. It was your way or no way. There is no point in me wasting my time replying to your latest post. I thought that when you asked the Calmac ferry from Lochaline to Finnish and my thoughts about the alternative routes for the Rest and be Thankful that you were being more conciliatory.
    I also find it very surprising that you are so anti DFCSS.
    What are your thoughts about FPS wanting to purchase A shares with the entrenched rights from DFCSS for a pittance. If that ever happens there would be nothing to prevent FPS insisting that Dundee FC vacate Dens Park and ground share at Tannadice, change the team colours or merge with United.
    'you were the cause of me being banned on the DBF because you would not listen to reason'. I wouldn't listen to reason but you got banned? Where to start with that one. Let's go with you were unreasonable, abusive and threatening, should be enough and says all anyone needs to now about you. I wasn't the cause of you being bannned, you managed that all by yourself.

'There is no point in me wasting my time replying to your latest post'. Obviously, because it's the truth and you don't like it - but you responded anyway so thanks for that.

'I also find it very surprising that you are so anti DFCSS'. Quite the contrary, I expended a good amount of time and effort trying to build some kind of relationship between society and club only to see that destroyed by a certain individual squeezing himself onto the board. To now see an even more divisive, and indeed downright nasty, individual such as yourself be given a position on the board upsets me. I want what's best for the society, your appointment is the exact opposite of what's best for the society.

My thoughts on the A shares are well known by the DFCSS board and by the club board; indeed most readers here will at least have an idea of my thoughts if they've bothered to read my opinion instead of just forming their own and ignoring that of others, the way you do.

Why don't you do the best thing for the society and advise them that are no longer in a position to accept a co-opted position on the society board? If you and the other problem go the society might have a chance of getting decent people in. Whilst a divisive individual such as you remains involved no right thinking individual will go near it.

'you were the cause of me being banned on the DBF because you would not listen to reason'. I wouldn't listen to reason but you got banned? Where to start with that one. Let's go with you were unreasonable, abusive and threatening, should be enough and says all anyone needs to now about you. I wasn't the cause of you being bannned, you managed that all by yourself.

'There is no point in me wasting my time replying to your latest post'. Obviously, because it's the truth and you don't like it - but you responded anyway so thanks for that.

'I also find it very surprising that you are so anti DFCSS'. Quite the contrary, I expended a good amount of time and effort trying to build some kind of relationship between society and club only to see that destroyed by a certain individual squeezing himself onto the board. To now see an even more divisive, and indeed downright nasty, individual such as yourself be given a position on the board upsets me. I want what's best for the society, your appointment is the exact opposite of what's best for the society.

My thoughts on the A shares are well known by the DFCSS board and by the club board; indeed most readers here will at least have an idea of my thoughts if they've bothered to read my opinion instead of just forming their own and ignoring that of others, the way you do.

Why don't you do the best thing for the society and advise them that are no longer in a position to accept a co-opted position on the society board? If you and the other problem go the society might have a chance of getting decent people in. Whilst a divisive individual such as you remains involved no right thinking individual will go near it.
    What a phuckin sanctimonious @rsehole you are.

It’s not for you to tell anyone what to do or force your will on any organisation.

If you want change, change it from within.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)