+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why shut pubs at 10pm

Why shut pubs at 10pm

I am at a loss to understand why public houses are now being shut in England at 10pm. No doubt the same thing will happen in Scotland.
    How will this stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    It is more likely that the pubs will be busier than normal during the hour between 9pm and 10pm as people clamour for their final drinks before the 10pm shutting time with more chance of the virus being spread.

Because Boris says so.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I am at a loss to understand why public houses are now being shut in England at 10pm. No doubt the same thing will happen in Scotland.
    How will this stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
    It is more likely that the pubs will be busier than normal during the hour between 9pm and 10pm as people clamour for their final drinks before the 10pm shutting time with more chance of the virus being spread.
    The virus only comes out at 10:30pm so we all have to be home before then.

I'm gonna make sure I'm in bed by half 9.....to satay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Because Boris says so.
    Nippy is now saying the same.
    Nippy is probably too young to remember how busy it was when the pubs emptied at 10.10pm after the ten minute swill ended.
    It is likely that the streets in places like the centre of Broughty Ferry will be busy on a Friday and Saturday evening after 10pm when all the pubs and restaurants are forced to shut.
    In my opinion there is more chance of the virus spreading then than if the pubs and restaurants were left to close at their normal time.

Nippy is now saying the same.
    Nippy is probably too young to remember how busy it was when the pubs emptied at 10.10pm after the ten minute swill ended.
    It is likely that the streets in places like the centre of Broughty Ferry will be busy on a Friday and Saturday evening after 10pm when all the pubs and restaurants are forced to shut.
    In my opinion there is more chance of the virus spreading then than if the pubs and restaurants were left to close at their normal time.
    I reckon it'll make zero difference closing at ten, eleven, midnight or whenever. People accumulate in take-aways and at taxi ranks etc regardless of closing time. More futile, knee jerk nonsense from all the incompetents concerned.

I reckon it'll make zero difference closing at ten, eleven, midnight or whenever. People accumulate in take-aways and at taxi ranks etc regardless of closing time. More futile, knee jerk nonsense from all the incompetents concerned.
    Really hope the civil disobedience now starts in earnest.

If people were prepared to riot over the change to the rates system surely they will say gtf over this.

I do not understand why the politicians accept as gospel what the scientists in the UK say about how to deal with this virus.
    Initially it was reported that there would be 500,000 deaths from coronavirus in the UK then they changed their tune and it was from memory I think going to be 5,000 deaths.
    In my opinion these scientists and health ‘experts’ do not have a clue how to deal with the current Covid-19 virus which will continue for years until eventually it dies out and is replaced by another virus.
    People throughout the UK are slowly getting fed up with all these decisions by politicians and eventually they will decide that they have had enough and rebel.
    What will Nippy and Boris do then. Either declare Marshall Law or for once listen to the UK people.

I do not understand why the politicians accept as gospel what the scientists in the UK say about how to deal with this virus.
    Initially it was reported that there would be 500,000 deaths from coronavirus in the UK then they changed their tune and it was from memory I think going to be 5,000 deaths.
    In my opinion these scientists and health ‘experts’ do not have a clue how to deal with the current Covid-19 virus which will continue for years until eventually it dies out and is replaced by another virus.
    People throughout the UK are slowly getting fed up with all these decisions by politicians and eventually they will decide that they have had enough and rebel.
    What will Nippy and Boris do then. Either declare Marshall Law or for once listen to the UK people.
    Sweden should now have 125k deaths using the same modelling.....they don't.

Spain shud be virus free after having the strictest lockdown in Europe....they ain't.

Peru had a similar lockdown to Spain but are barely any better off than Brazil.

Politicians cannot control a virus, it's like king kanute turning back the tide.

Not all scientists agree with the govt advisers a significant minority who have dared to speak out don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

Politicians cannot control a virus, it's like king kanute turning back the tide.
    And that's the thing - they can't control a virus and they know it, so instead they control the people. I've said from the start of this whole thing that it's no more nor less than an exercise in social control. Unfortunately the biggest proportion of the population can't see it yet because they've been brainwashed by all the scare mongering that the government(s) and sycophantic, over cautious medical and scientific 'experts' are responsible for. They have some people thinking that this virus can simply jump out and attack you as you walk past it - but only after 10pm or if you're not wearing an entirely ineffective face covering.

Quick question, how can any medic or scientist be an expert in something that that they've never experienced and have no real reliable data on? Are they experts in assumption based on guesswork? I think they are and the infamous R number is proof of that.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)