+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A new fiscal reality...

Lightbulb A new fiscal reality...

During the last few hours I've noticed how people are waking up to the fact that we are all in the deep brown stuff.

Ridiculous curfews, inexplicable government U-turns in policy, no live attendances, businesses closing and unemployment through the roof.

Perhaps Mike Garlick is not such a rubbish custodian of Burnley Football Club after all?

Attachment 16951

Come on BT ---you know that none of this applies to Burnley Football Club ---they live in another world which is free from all outside influences and problems and should just be getting on with things.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Come on BT ---you know that none of this applies to Burnley Football Club ---they live in another world which is free from all outside influences and problems and should just be getting on with things.
    Seems not Supersub6. One of my best mates works at the club and despite his NDA he occasionally feeds me some titbits.

I would not recommend calling Garlick to his face, because he said even when furloughed the club paid him his wages in full!

Bt, I basically agree about the reality of the situation with Covid; our country is now massively wounded Economically. This will in turn cause great hardship and suffering for years to come and long after the BBC has forgotten all about corona corona! However, the club has not enough quality and bodies in the squad to stay effective at this level regardless of the virus. That is firmly the boards responsibility. You telling me given hardship in the lower leagues with no prospects of live attendance any time soon we can't sign a couple of younger fellas in midfield, where we are threadbare?? I'm NOT buying that; they are to blame as all this was known before the last season even finished. No excuses. Failure to prepare is to prepare to fail, cliche yes but still true. 6 guys injured 2 games played. Crazy.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 22-09-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Deadlydave ---how sure are you that this season will be completed? It could well be all over by Christmas for all anyone knows.
    What happens then with no fans having gone through the gates, all season tickets to be refunded, no money coming in from TV coverage and a possibility that some of the money already distributed may have to be paid back?

I am never a negative person, as those on here will tell you, however, who knows what is round the next corner?
    We have seen one game cancelled tonight because of the virus and Orient will lose a great deal of TV money because of it --will this be the last ---or just the first of many?

Put it this way, I am pleased that I am retired and not trying to run my business at the current time and I have every sympathy with the situation that Mike Garlick and the Board are faced with. They are damned if they do and even more dmaned if they don't!

I keep saying it, but Lennon hardly played, Joe Hart did not do the business and it's obvious Dyche wanted to keep Hendrick.

IMHO it's Neil Hart our CEO who needs to step up to the plate, his anonymity is frightening.

He should have a handle on every contract, every player and every wage at the club. It's obvious to me, he has not.

Shape up or ship out.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)