+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Barnsley Match Thread

Chelsea v Barnsley Match Thread

Looking for our lads to give a good account of themselves tomorrow night and have a bit of a go at Chelsea .

Obviously I'm not expecting to win the game but just do ourselves justice and I'll be happy with that .

Chelsea's second string will include , Hudson - Odoi , Cesar Azpilicueta , Ross Barkley , Rudiger , Loftus - Cheek and Tammy Abraham .

A far cry from my first visit to Stamford Bridge in 1981 when goals from Ian Banks and King Ronnie secured a 2-1 win in a second division fixture .

Stamford Bridge was a crumbling shyte hoyle with barely 11k in the ground although that's sadly more than they'll be there tomorrow night mind .

We haven't lost in the smoke for a while , a good while in fact .

You never know .

A think we'll gerran average arseoylin, ararnd 4-1, just enough not to be embarrassed and for Struber to be proud of his Boys.

It's the timing bothers me most. Am guessing thev traipsed darn to that London today staying ovvaneet. Game finishes 10pm Wedneday neet and arrive back to Grove Street in middle a neet. Thursday a write off. Not the best preparation fo Setdi.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    A think we'll gerran average arseoylin, ararnd 4-1, just enough not to be embarrassed and for Struber to be proud of his Boys.

It's the timing bothers me most. Am guessing thev traipsed darn to that London today staying ovvaneet. Game finishes 10pm Wedneday neet and arrive back to Grove Street in middle a neet. Thursday a write off. Not the best preparation fo Setdi.
    Good point SB , bigger game on setday all day long .

Ben Chillwell and Thiago Silva are also added to the Chelsea squad for tomorrow nights game I've just read on SSN .

Feckin Hell !!!!

Might be only silver ware Chelsea get this season so not undermining tarn with their team selection

Wat times Kick Off ? Arr bairns need thu sleep thanose

Animal, didn't we also win there 0-3 in those glorious early 80s ?.
    And remember in 88-89 when the always impressive Kerry Dixon hit 4 for them, in a 5-3 defeat for us.

We've been unlucky the few times I've been theer , not as intimidating as some make out , Glav silenced the Shed and they all went home to Bed 7k of them who remembers Rammil dismantling them 4-0 in the FA Cup , their fans took it out on local traders/ shops on there way back Sarf ,, 2 Hat's !

Shud be an interesting team sheet toneet.

Who will Strubes "reward" with the glory game at Chelsea ? Am gooin fo all five of his Austro Germans--Ludewig, Ritzmaier, Frieser, Sollbauer and Schmidt
    Halme and Williams at the back. Oduor, Mowatt, Chaplin, Collins.

Styles and Woodrow on the bench? Maybe bring on if/when we are 5 darn. Maybe not.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 23-09-2020 at 04:42 PM.

I'm hoping we dunt disgrace arr sens , am expecting a defeat , dunt want us gerrin a towelling tho , Setdi so moor important ,

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast