+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town 22.09.20 [FAT SF]

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'd disagree that we did well last season. There were some atrocious performances. We got to the playoffs simply because of the dreadful standard of opposition and because of the great backing from the owners in signing Roberts.
    And now it looks like (if he's not injured) we'll be alienating him by playing him in a less effective position.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Div 2 promotion season? We were favourites then weren't we? Hughesy, Kasper et al?
    Yeah agree on the first two points and even allardyce in div 3 back then was it when we had Gary Jones upfront and smashed everyone. Both times we had the teams and were favourites at least munto and those seasons I thought we'd do well. This season the first two points match good squad good chances on paper but I still feel I'm going to be underwhelmed by our play that's all. Still Ardley was getting a hammering especially from myself and I did think we finished strongly so let's see how we get on for the first bit of the season. The league is so crap past about 4 teams downwards that he can't do that bad with this team.

And now it looks like (if he's not injured) we'll be alienating him by playing him in a less effective position.
    I hope that was just an experiment. Fingers crossed Rodrigues and Roberts switch roles in the real games.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I'm still sticking with him as we finished last season well (final excepted) but can he get his team to pass and move quicker? Are the players able to? Can we mix up styles more with having Sam and Wootton upfront?

I've never had a year where Notts have been the favourites to win the league and I believe they've the best squad in the league but I don't think we'll set it in fire and this troubles me. Still we've got to stick with him as we did end up doing well last season all be told so he's earned another chance in my view.
    Pass and move comes with match fitness, something we are lacking. Way too many people getting over emotional. Harrogate weren't as good as people made out, they're playing a side out of practice and still gelling. I'd be more worried as a Harrogate fan than a Notts fan after that

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I hope that was just an experiment. Fingers crossed Rodrigues and Roberts switch roles in the real games.
    Crazy time to experiment though? Semi final...potentially Wembley?

I'd disagree that we did well last season. There were some atrocious performances. We got to the playoffs simply because of the dreadful standard of opposition and because of the great backing from the owners in signing Roberts.

It's only fair to judge Ardley on his achievements since he's been at the club.

1) Failed miserably to keep us in the FL.
    2) Failed miserably in the P/O final.
    3) Failed miserably in a cup semi final.

Well, he's consistent.

I'm not his biggest fan as you know but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think 3rd place and heading upwards from no owners and about 6 players with 2 weeks before the season started is a decent season by most people's reckoning. The thing is the team have got better, we're not at a disadvantage to anyone this time round and there really is no excuses now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Pass and move comes with match fitness, something we are lacking. Way too many people getting over emotional. Harrogate weren't as good as people made out, they're playing a side out of practice and still gelling. I'd be more worried as a Harrogate fan than a Notts fan after that
    Spot on. Bearing in mind they're at the top end of L2 they 'only' managed to beat us 1-0 after all. I think in all honesty that tonight was basically little more than a bonus practice match for us and a nuisance for them.

Crazy time to experiment though? Semi final...potentially Wembley?
    Yes true but if it had worked.... Oh well.

I honestly never thought even notts mad would be calling for the managers head after just one game this season but that was truly awful.

It was completely toothless. Where is the creativity going to come from in this side?

Lots of preseason talk about the wide players, but nothing. Just nothing.

We aren’t even one dimensional. Not having a season might be doing us a favour.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast