+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town 22.09.20 [FAT SF]

Amazingly, we seemed to be playing even deeper this evening than last season. Took us two or three passes just to get to the edge of our own box. Manchester City can get away with that. We can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    I'd disagree that we did well last season. There were some atrocious performances. We got to the playoffs simply because of the dreadful standard of opposition and because of the great backing from the owners in signing Roberts.
    Are you just really thick, or ten years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Pass and move comes with match fitness, something we are lacking. Way too many people getting over emotional. Harrogate weren't as good as people made out, they're playing a side out of practice and still gelling. I'd be more worried as a Harrogate fan than a Notts fan after that
    I've said twice on this thread not reading too much into today's game so that's that but it doesn't change the fact that last year we moved the ball really slowly and don't seem to be moving it any quicker this year. If teams the players to press which alot will as the one thing they have is fitness then it could be a longer season than people think.

The only thing that will save Ardley and Notts will the quality of the players as we really have some good ones for this level, we've got players that people can't believe play for us at this level. No excuses now.

A good fixture to have played, a wake up call and it will sharpen them up, better now than next month.
    Not sure the diamond is going to last beyond the first few games and not at all convinced that Doyle and Reeves is a workable pairing, I don't want to see two holding midfielders stuck in our own third of the pitch with full backs who aren't bombing forwards.
    Sam looked good, Rodriguess promising, that's about all the positives I could take from that.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    I honestly never thought even notts mad would be calling for the managers head after just one game this season but that was truly awful.

It was completely toothless. Where is the creativity going to come from in this side?

Lots of preseason talk about the wide players, but nothing. Just nothing.

We aren’t even one dimensional. Not having a season might be doing us a favour.
    I haven't seen an example of anyone calling for Ardley's head yet on this thread. Just pure bewilderment in general seems to be the zeitgeist.

I only saw the second half and it was not great in my opinion. I can understand that we might not be match fit or sharp but we offered nothing in the way of creativity or meaningful chances second half.

Maybe Harrogate are the toughest side we will face should this season go ahead but if we want to get back to the football league and stay there we need to match them. We needed to match them in the Wembley playoff final and fell way short. Their standard is the bar we need to set for ourselves.

We were playing for a trip to Wembley but it was a bit sombre.

One thing we have learned from tonight is that at this point in time there is a gulf between us and Harrogate of League Two. I’m hoping that once we get more competitive games under our belt and into the season it will come together.

I don’t like having to use the time to gel statement but we need games like tonight and opposition like Harrogate to show us what we need to do and be like to get out of this wretched league.

Another worry and concern was the injury to Cal Roberts. He is a key player this season (on the proviso it goes ahead) and if he’s going to be out for weeks or months others will need to step up.

I think it’s fair to say Ardley hasn’t learned a thing since he came to Notts. He has reached his limit and will learn no more. Any club that sticks with a manager whose progress is as if he was stumbling in mud in the dark will go nowhere.

Elisha Sam can walk my dog and I'll play for Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    A good fixture to have played, a wake up call and it will sharpen them up, better now than next month.
    Not sure the diamond is going to last beyond the first few games and not at all convinced that Doyle and Reeves is a workable pairing, I don't want to see two holding midfielders stuck in our own third of the pitch with full backs who aren't bombing forwards.
    Sam looked good, Rodriguess promising, that's about all the positives I could take from that.
    Only one answer to that. Just one holding midfielder.

........Slocombe.........
    Dion Lacey Rawlinson McCrory
    ..........Doyle..........
    ...Reeves Rodrigues
    Roberts Wooton Enzio

4-3-3 but not a diamond
    Last edited by MancMagpie; 22-09-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Elisha Sam can walk my dog and I'll play for Notts.
    Welcome back Nav.

Problem is, he wasn't the worst player on the pitch by a long way.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast