+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Harrogate Town 22.09.20 [FAT SF]

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    I wasn’t able to watch the match or follow the score last night, but I knew we’d lost from the number of replies on the match thread. It’s only losing that gets us going. We love a moan. God forbid we do well in the league, all us moaners will have little to complain about.
    If we didn't have a crap manager we'd have nothing to moan at - how can you moan at a good manager?

A sort of update on Cal Roberts. Doesn't really tell us much more than we already knew, as we won't really know the extent of the injury for a couple of days.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...WBht47rH8zB0KI

I wasn’t able to watch the match or follow the score last night, but I knew we’d lost from the number of replies on the match thread. It’s only losing that gets us going. We love a moan. God forbid we do well in the league, all us moaners will have little to complain about.
    Doing well gets this board going, but it's happened so rarely over the past 20 years the doom and gloom is far more noticeable, that's become the default setting for sound reasons. Mediocrity is when it goes really quiet, we haven't seen much of that either but I'm anticipating that as a strong possibility this season.

At this level, we've got fantastic support, we've got the best ground, fresh solid owners, probably the best players. Just one thing missing really.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    All good mate, me and the wife had the lurgi but my lad dodged it. Enzio wasn't good tonight, but by no means was he on his own. Stay safe fella.
    Glad to hear you and the missus are OK mate and your son didn't get it. Waking up after the game this morning I felt I didn't want to be negative towards the manager yet this season but I ain't half worried to quote Ibra that we've given him a ferrari and he drives it like a fiat. Anyway have a good day and stay safe.

Well if you had been able to watch it then you'd have seen a performance that apart from the defence was inept. It was a cup semi final to a team who just beat us at Wembley and all it made our players get were 'anxious'

The annoying thing about your post is that when we finished the season well, 99% on here said well done Ardley, he's finished strongly and also most said keep him on to finish the job. If he does well he'll get praise, if he does crap he'll get slagged off but apparently you can only comment about him and the team when they've done well, otherwise you're moaning? Yeah OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    we've given him a ferrari and he drives it like a fiat.
    There are echoes of the Munto season under McParland.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Doing well gets this board going, but it's happened so rarely over the past 20 years the doom and gloom is far more noticeable, that's become the default setting for sound reasons. Mediocrity is when it goes really quiet, we haven't seen much of that either but I'm anticipating that as a strong possibility this season.

At this level, we've got fantastic support, we've got the best ground, fresh solid owners, probably the best players. Just one thing missing really.
    Does it begin with an "m" and end with "anager who knows what he's doing"?

It was a horrible game to watch from a Notts standpoint.
    They were ahead of us in terms of match fitness and sharpness, that's understandable. More worrying was the crazy tactics,
    - playing it out from the back, deep against a high press. Having to work so hard to get the ball to say Doyle, still pretty deep in his own half, who then hits a long ball to nowhere and loses possession. What's the point of all that risk if you're going to do that anyway?!

Tweet from Cal Roberts...

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  20.0 KB

Wasn't able to watch the game last night as I'm overseas, but I've read this thread and many a tweet, and I can honestly say that I'm not at all surprised. It sounds like the epitome of an Ardley performance - slow, ponderous, impotent.

Can you imagine going away to a team in the semi final of a cup and being 0-1 up but not having to defend deep in your box during injury time? I can't. I mean it's virtually unimaginable. But that's what happens when teams play Notts.

Ardley now seems wedded to the diamond formation, but it clearly isn't working. We have two dangerous wingers (Roberts, Enzio), so why play a formation with no width? Rodriguez sounds like an exciting signing, but unless we get the ball to him in decent positions, what's the point?

If the season goes ahead, we need to hit the ground running, or the knives will be out. I obviously want Ardley to succeed, but I see no evidence to suggest he'll be able to turn what is surely the best squad in the division into title challengers. My guess is, like last season, we'll end up somewhere near the playoffs by virtue of having some outstanding players for this level, but in spite of the managers tactics and ability to motivate.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast