+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bums on seats

A debbie downer is that person that everyone avoids because they are like a dark cloud on a sunny day. May be correct but they grow tiresome after a while.

not to be confused with a "karen" who is a spoiled and entitled know it all that wants everything her way.

we do disagree on the virus's origin. the only reason I don't think the chinese may have developed it is that they are not very good at developing anything. They just copy and steal everyone else's work product. However, they had help from people like Bill Gates and other corporate types that would love to exert more power and control over us. Hard to think of anyone that benefited from this virus more than governments and large tech companies. It was a dream come true for them.

Mrs O, the mental health problem is possibly the most vexing problem the world faces now. The isolation from lockdowns will only make matters much, much worse.

I feel for the many who have lost businesses, jobs or money through no fault of their own. I feel sorry for the younger generation being forced to pause what should be some of the best years of their lives and looking like paying for the cost of the shambles for years to come.

I feel sorry for all of us that this has demonstrated how ill equipped our political and state systems are to properly deal with these crisis and how complicit and poor the media is.

I hope out of this comes a recognition of the importance of basic social Interaction and being respectful and civil and that the brand of trainer or how many watches you have is so much less important. Simple things are not bad but to be cherished as is life itself.

Maybe there will be a backlash against consumerism and corporate globalisation that benefits the few and exploits too many of the under privileged.

Most of all I hope that experts and academics will regain status despite people like
    Michael Gove and Donald Trump denigrating and trying to diminish them and that we finally learn in this generation to accept, understand and deal with risk rather than always running scared.

Above all I just look forward to being on the terraces again - sad but true we may miss being at games with MB in charge as he tends not to stay beyond 3 years

I feel sorry for the dr's and nurses fighting this evil virus not only for the victims but for there own safety and staring at death every day would not be a nice sight.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    A debbie downer is that person that everyone avoids because they are like a dark cloud on a sunny day. May be correct but they grow tiresome after a while.

not to be confused with a "karen" who is a spoiled and entitled know it all that wants everything her way.

we do disagree on the virus's origin. the only reason I don't think the chinese may have developed it is that they are not very good at developing anything. They just copy and steal everyone else's work product. However, they had help from people like Bill Gates and other corporate types that would love to exert more power and control over us. Hard to think of anyone that benefited from this virus more than governments and large tech companies. It was a dream come true for them.

Mrs O, the mental health problem is possibly the most vexing problem the world faces now. The isolation from lockdowns will only make matters much, much worse.
    The copying thing is not only what china does India does the exact same thing but there are not as good at it as the Chinese. We get dr prescriptions here and go to the chemist ohh would you like the alternative brand? I say why? because it is cheaper and the exact same thing. Look at the packets made in India the same ingredients as the proper one.
    Mr O the Mental side of things poor Dr's and nurses will be scarred for life.

trouble is, and this i know through experience, if you ask a factory in europe to make something, the first response is "uff! you want how many made? for when? are you sure? that´ll be expensive, even if we can do it, wont be any time soon though..."

Chinese are "how many? ill have it done tomorrow."

Chinese tech is very good though - they lead the way on 5g etc. They also had a cure for malaria years before the rest of the world but didn’t share.

On mass products agreed they tend to copy and produce more efficiently. Taiwan, Korea and Malaysia are all seeking to eat into China’s factory of the world dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Chinese tech is very good though - they lead the way on 5g etc. They also had a cure for malaria years before the rest of the world but didn’t share.

On mass products agreed they tend to copy and produce more efficiently. Taiwan, Korea and Malaysia are all seeking to eat into China’s factory of the world dominance.
    Don't start me on the tech the only things they make are the ones you through away after a couple of months and buy another, They produce efficiently through labor camps. The world woke up on Huwaei now look at them as they are on fire. If they are so good with 5g why do they need American and Taiwanese parts to make them? You do realize most parts eg car parts called aftermarket are made in China and sold cheaper. Well, do you know they are the exact copies of the originals? That is what the Chinese are good at and also flooding and killing their own people.
    On sharing, I disagree as they have shared COVID 19 cough.

Now when is the game on 13 hours i need something to take mind off things.

Will point out that the 43% of the UK’s exports to the EU in 2019 are under threat presently over Brexit 'no deal' concerns that'll be ripe to get picked off by the Chinese & Asian markets.China owns most European shipping ports too now.

I've been inundated with forwarded enquiries from businesses in the NE of England for contacts & relocation information for specific areas I deal with within Brittany and its nearby ports.

Sectors from Financial services and other business services (categories which include legal, accounting, advertising, research/development, architectural, engineering and other professional and technical services) all important categories of services exports to the EU.

Wales followed by Northern Ireland and the North East of England had the highest percentage of goods exports going to the EU out of all the countries and regions in the UK in 2019. Northern Ireland followed by the East of England had the highest proportion of goods imports from the EU I noted.

Here's some interesting stats on UK 'disposable income' for anyones interest that football clubs use for various service costings analysis.https://www.energyvoice.com/other-ne...nsive-streets/
    What'll be will be but what'll be the new norm in all aspects of 'Bums on Seats' and at what cost will be a different matter.

Relating to football matters - 80,000 clubs at grass routes football level in Uk depend on revenue now not forthcoming so where and how our young'uns are going to play is a serious question yet to be answered.

MOT

5G wasn't developed by the chinese.

Qualcomm developed and patented it. of course the chinese just stole it

I'm sure the chinese didn't develop the cure for malaria. Just not who they stole it from.

I do believe they developed Mao jacket.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)