+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Extract from Premier League statement

Extract from Premier League statement

[I]“Football is not the same without attending fans and the football economy is unsustainable without them. Last season, Premier League clubs suffered £700m in losses and at present, our national game is losing more than £100m per month.

"This is starting to have a devastating impact on clubs and their communities.

For fûck sake, the irony - they reject a shît load of investment into the community up here and then bleat on at the government for not doing enough to bale the fùckers out. The whole turgid load of corruption and self interest looks like it’s about to collapse like a house of cards. I wouldn’t be surprised if one or more top flight clubs go under with the way they overstretch themselves. Had potential new money coming in with a gateway club takeover and potentially lucrative TV rights and sponsorship to follow but somehow managed to completely fück it up.

Aye - was thinking similar myself.

The Premier League can, basically, get to fuck.

It’s a trend across the world even in governments. So long as the people working at higher levels in the organization are making their money, personally, they couldn’t give a f$ck about the finances of the organization itself or the people it’s supposed to represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    The Premier League can, basically, get to fuck.
    Wow.... still whingeing !

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I’ll whinge about this until I feel we are on a level playing field with all other clubs in the PL. Otherwise, what’s the point?

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    Not so much...think of it more as a heartfelt plea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Not so much...think of it more as a heartfelt plea.
    Supported by all of us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)