+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Found this on You Tube

O/T Found this on You Tube

So heart warming. What a way to start your day, folk going to work, visiting family, or just going about their normal day. Why can't life be so simple as this?

Would be great if it wasn't for Roly on the ukulele

Seriously though nice to see them basing it on the fantastic version by Iz (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole)

Yes I too thought about Roly
    Last edited by Brin; 22-09-2020 at 10:29 PM.

....it would be better if they knew the words after the 1st line......lol

I hear the mods Cam & Frogger tried it the following day on the train. But their choice of song "Smack my b* up", proved to be extremely unpopular and they nearly caused a riot.

Seriously though lads, I think this is an amazing thing to do and in the current climate, it's great to see people join in and smile and enjoy themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I hear the mods Cam & Frogger tried it the following day on the train. But their choice of song "Smack my b* up", proved to be extremely unpopular and they nearly caused a riot.

Seriously though lads, I think this is an amazing thing to do and in the current climate, it's great to see people join in and smile and enjoy themselves.
    Living and riding the train in Seattle I thought it would be appropriate to bust out Macklemore's "Thrift Shop" but when I got to the bit about having $20 in my pocket I got mugged

Sorry, I'm getting too old and too cynical but it made me want to vomit. Last thing I want on a train is a load of bozos singing when I'm trying to pen my latest complaint to the BBC.

Only just seen this. Fantastic stuff. That's the good thing about the uke you can take it anywhere. I have even taken it on holiday .Our lass probably wasn't too chuffed but there you go.

The uke is such an happy instrument and is probably why people join in with singing when its played.

Not a song in my repertoire the rainbow one but I'm sure i could sort it with a bit of practise.

Never busked but spend plenty of time upsetting the neighbours and relatives with my renditions.

I would recommend one to anyone. You can get a very decent one for 20 quid on the net to learn on. Look for Stagg ukes. I have up graded as i have got better on it but still play my battered owd un. There are loads of local uke groups and you can play all styles of music on it: eg rock and roll, punk, jazz, reggae, folk, country...you name it...There are also several uke types. Some people even make their own.

There are loads of free tutorials on the net and loads of free music with all the chords you need.

Most songs are very playable on a uke. So if you know the song there is a great chance you will be able to play it with a bit of practise and I mean just a bit...you don't need to read music, just learn the chords and know the song. Many chords are very easy as well.

All it is is a mini guitar but cos it has only 4 strings it is much easier to play...

Tuning : You can get a battery operated tuner for 5 or 6 quid on the net which will do all the dirty work for you in an instant.

Get one. It will make you smile but don't play it when your lass is watching Corrie unless you want it shoving where the sun don't shine!

Hope I get some commission from the uke manufacturers for flogging their ware on here!

If anyone wants any more info by the way about em feel free to PM and I will do my best to advise and help.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 23-09-2020 at 04:46 PM.