Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: O/T Upcoming Bands/Artists you would like to go and see whenwe get back to normality

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    9,524

    O/T Upcoming Bands/Artists you would like to go and see whenwe get back to normality

    Following on from Brins music thread but this one is about upcoming artists or bands you would like to see.

    I will kick it off with this one.

    The Teskey Brothers.



    Propper Music as it should be.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 23-09-2020 at 05:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16,202
    You might be fishing in barren waters on this BigLad as I'd imagine like me most on MM won't have come across an 'up and coming' artist or at least one of much interest for the past 30 years.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    You might be fishing in barren waters on this BigLad as I'd imagine like me most on MM won't have come across an 'up and coming' artist or at least one of much interest for the past 30 years.
    I haven't even bought a cd produced after 1978. If live music stopped today I'd not notice.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,359
    Came across this guy, Ben Cocks, when this tune came on as part of a scandi-noir netflix show. Great tune and style. Like to check him out in the flesh

    Last edited by ragingpup; 23-09-2020 at 06:30 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16,202
    Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Came across this guy, Ben Cocks, when this tune came on as part of a scandi-noir netflix show. Great tune and style. Like to check him out in the flesh
    Just one letter away from being a clinic treating peyronie's disease.

  6. #6
    I don't think things will get back to normal for some of us gimmers so I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy Denny Gary Moore Elvis and John Lennon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    I don't think things will get back to normal for some of us gimmers so I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy Denny Gary Moore Elvis and John Lennon
    Steve, Gary Moore was the last act I saw at the Platform in Morecambe but I'm pretty sure he's dead.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    I don't think things will get back to normal for some of us gimmers so I'm looking forward to seeing Sandy Denny Gary Moore Elvis and John Lennon
    Steve, oddly enough Gary Moore was the last live act I saw. At The Platform, Morecambe. Very loud is about all I remember. Only the second musical event I had paid to watch - the first was Kennington Oval (The Who headlining) in 1971 and that was only 'cos I fancied the girl who organised the trip. My motto with music is if I can't pirate it I don't bother.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    16,202
    Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Steve, oddly enough Gary Moore was the last live act I saw. At The Platform, Morecambe. Very loud is about all I remember. Only the second musical event I had paid to watch - the first was Kennington Oval (The Who headlining) in 1971 and that was only 'cos I fancied the girl who organised the trip. My motto with music is if I can't pirate it I don't bother.
    Hope you don't have a bootleg copy of "Roly Plays Ukulele" or you might be stirring up trouble on here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Hope you don't have a bootleg copy of "Roly Plays Ukulele" or you might be stirring up trouble on here
    If I ever thought I was anything but an asset to this site I would fall on my sword - or at least call a taxi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •