+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T Upcoming Bands/Artists you would like to go and see whenwe get back to normality

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I haven't even bought a cd produced after 1978. If live music stopped today I'd not notice.
    All CDs were produced after 1978.

Probably a minority taste on here, but The Milk Carton Kids are amongst my favourite bands at the moment in the acoustic/Americana genre and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. (I saw them do a set at a festival in Golden Gate Park a few years ago.)

This is them doing their signature song on the 'Live From Here' radio show on NPR. The mandolin player is Chris Feely, the program host and not a part of MCK. Kenneth Pattengale, the lead guitarist, is quite brilliant in my view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSmWIIPuTgM

In the UK, and again in the broadly folk/acoustic tradition, I'm particularly taken with Harbottle and Jonas. I saw them in Weybridge when I was over in January this year and have had some contact with Dave Harbottle who is an all round decent chap (for a Newcastle United fan. He can't help with any information on Dan Barlaser's movements, unfortunately..) If we can travel again in the new year I shall be over and will definitely be looking to find a gig I can get to.

This was the first track I heard by them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1e2cGkUnfE

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Probably a minority taste on here, but The Milk Carton Kids are amongst my favourite bands at the moment in the acoustic/Americana genre and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again. (I saw them do a set at a festival in Golden Gate Park a few years ago.)

This is them doing their signature song on the 'Live From Here' radio show on NPR. The mandolin player is Chris Feely, the program host and not a part of MCK. Kenneth Pattengale, the lead guitarist, is quite brilliant in my view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSmWIIPuTgM

In the UK, and again in the broadly folk/acoustic tradition, I'm particularly taken with Harbottle and Jonas. I saw them in Weybridge when I was over in January this year and have had some contact with Dave Harbottle who is an all round decent chap (for a Newcastle United fan. He can't help with any information on Dan Barlaser's movements, unfortunately..) If we can travel again in the new year I shall be over and will definitely be looking to find a gig I can get to.

This was the first track I heard by them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1e2cGkUnfE
    Great tunes CT - will listen to more of their stuff later. Would like to see tem live too - worst thing about Covid for me (in terms of impact on my way of life) is decimation of music and arts venues. That was the main reason I live in London (don't tell that to the cockney wife though!)
    Last edited by ragingpup; 25-09-2020 at 06:39 AM.

Deffo going to go to the States with the lad and catch an NFL game at the Sofi stadium in California. Same trip will go and watch the Lumineers somewhere. With a trip to an overseas Grand Prix thrown in as well.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Plan B live either.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Great tunes CT - will listen to more of their stuff later. Would like to see tem live too - worst thing about Covid for me (in terms of impact on my way of life) is decimation of music and arts venues. That was the main reason I live in London (don't tell that to the cockney wife though!)
    Thanks for listening Raging. I think we have similar musical tastes...

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Deffo going to go to the States with the lad and catch an NFL game at the Sofi stadium in California. Same trip will go and watch the Lumineers somewhere. With a trip to an overseas Grand Prix thrown in as well.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Plan B live either.
    Excellent plans, Howdy. That Sofi Stadium looks amazing. (Randomly, it's about 2 miles from the house where the Wilson brothers - of Beach Boys fame - grew up. I know the area reasonably well.)

I saw the Lumineers at the same festival in GGP where I saw the Milk Carton Kids set. Excellent. (Also saw The Head and the Heart at the same event and could have seen The Civil Wars but had to get home. This was the free event, the "Hardly Strictly Bluegrass" festival, which is on in the park in early October every year - sadly not 2020, of course..)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    All CDs were produced after 1978.
    Don't be as big a ***** as South Coast Miller. "Produced" here is used in the musical sense. Had I realised that stalkers were present I would have used the generic "album". Now be a good lad and please **** off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12