+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Penalties in the Premiership.

VAR is only as good as the biased cretins operating it.

You only have to f@rt near a player and they go down..then VAR gives the penalty.

Games gone daft!

Ohh yeah, what would 'our' Norman (the red version of him lol) have done under these modern day pretentious pathetic rules ?.
    Most players of that golden era wouldn't stand a chance today sadly!.

Football is a different game now - there is very little physical contact allowed but that is the trend in all sport - look at rugby too.

Maradonna would have been unplayable with today’s protection.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Football is a different game now - there is very little physical contact allowed but that is the trend in all sport - look at rugby too.
    Maradonna would have been unplayable with today’s protection.
    Diego was unplayable at his brilliant best, especially at WCup '86 (and it pains me to say that as an England fan of course).
    Im not sure where the game is heading at the moment, but its not as enjoyable as it used to be, and yes I know thats a very old fashioned view etc.

I loved the battles that used to take place on the pitch, especially in midfield - some of the players from the 80s could give and take physical challenges.
    Robson, Souness, McMahon, Reid, Snodin, Jones etc

And you have some on here saying likes of Rodrigo are sh1t signings because they wont adjust to the "english game" what a load of bollox! dont remember the last time i saw a team in the premier league fielding an "Ian Baird" upfront or a "Tony Adams" at the back, those days are long gone unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    And you have some on here saying likes of Rodrigo are sh1t signings because they wont adjust to the "english game" what a load of bollox! dont remember the last time i saw a team in the premier league fielding an "Ian Baird" upfront or a "Tony Adams" at the back, those days are long gone unfortunately.
    Would not be the first time big signings cant hack the premiership.
    This guys were huge signings last season and turned out crap Joelinton, Wesley, Haller
    Rod looks lost wait a month and well be able to tell proper.
    Can you imagine if we fail to get out of Augustin deal and he comes back and turns out good I mean how old is he 22 and he came here
    injured.
    The German looks to have settled better but those 2 penalties both not his fault would have done something to his confidence.
    If this new signing turns out gold as they say Koch will be even better. I fear Cooper will be making way.

Coops probably will make way but he deserves a chance first. He's only 29 so not ready yet for retiring and he's now Leeds so I'd like him to stay in some capacity. Having said tjat, hes had some f.. ups down the years.

agree Cooper deserves to start, but you cant go through an entire season with only 2 CBs.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)