+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Penalties in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Boxing - Keeping your opponents on the defensive and wary of your knockout power which can be delivered with either fist is a stark advantage in competition.

Like tennis,footwork & stance creates time to how you want to 'play the ball' delivered.

Football being a team game tactically can deliver the ball to optimise players strengths.

The southpaw stance in Boxing is when a naturally leftie boxer uses the right hand as the lead punch or the jab with the straight left hand as the obvious power shot. This is the complete opposite of the orthodox stance which has the left foot forward and the right foot back. Normally, boxers are initially taught to follow their dominant hand and use that as the power shot but not always to get results.

But there exists another option. Even if you are a left handed fighter you may choose to remain in the orthodox stance. There are a handful of reasons for doing this mainly 'tho the reason is to gain power in both fists as well as stifling opponents with powerful left jabs before releasing the ko left.

I am naturally left handed but boxed in the orthodox stance but play tennis with my right hand as it gives more control but serve with my left for power so my footwork compensates to utilise my strengths (hopefully).Bit like languages as after practice your brain automatically thinks & speaks what words you know and what sequence order they come out as.

Probably 'Bollux' but patience,time and practice with constant drilling all become second nature in Football,Boxing,Tennis,Languages in time,IMO but under pressure obviously mistakes will happen such is life.

Pressure creates mistakes is Bielsa's mantra but to capitalise who for instance would Leeds fans want as our penalty taker as mentality/pressure would override a lot of the above drilled scenarios in actual real time would it not ?

MOT
    I think Klich is good and has the right temperament. That said. I think some goalkeepers are going to wise up to his trick of just rolling it down the middle. they are going to stand still and save his shot. That would be embarrassing. Rodrigo was Valencia's penalty taker I believe, so maybe the responsibility could be shared. .

Not so much about penalties, more about how players are "working the system", just seen Mitrovic fall like a sack of spuds when defending a corner and felt the slightest touch on his back from one of the Villa players. *****, no other word for it.

That was p u s s y, by the way!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)