+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: protest against covid restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Everyone has a right to do what they feel best! I have said there should be no lock down again but Boris needs to get tougher - no protests in person ( whilst virus is on ) - pubs closing full stop unless they have a beer garden - no social gatherings and no unnecessary events ie worship etc - larger fines This in my view is sensible otherwise the majority could think - why should we bother!

I also know a child from my daughters school who died of Covid - does this make me a "moron" for caring?

Look at the numbers - one child's death a tragedy but a single tragedy is no way to run a country.
    BTW deaths for those aged 0-15 on roads every year is 60.

That's 5 a month- everyone a tragedy no doubt but we do not stop kids going on pavements, in cars , on bikes

You are not a moron but you are a virtue signaller- "look at me I care" - what of the deaths of despair caused by unemployment, health issues mental & physical, cancers untreated , education ruined, etc etc

If you read what I said I said I was a moron so called by earlier poster

I say to him and you look @ the numbers

Just look at the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Well said!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    I'm a moron then but I know the numbers.... do you?
    You are a moron. You know the numbers are only low because measures put in place have enabled that. Scientists predicted 500,000 would die without measures put in place and hundreds of thousands more would have life long conditions as a result of this virus.

Unfortunately this pandemic has separated out the selfish beings in society who would happily allow fellow citizens to die than the minor inconvenience of a face mask and an early pub closure. Christ what planet are you people on?!

Take your drivel elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Many of the lower league clubs will almost certainly face the abyss now fans are not allowed back in. Boris as stated these measures could last up to 6 months and we all know they will last far longer until the magic bullet arrives. I fear a lot of the community clubs will go bust.
    Sad but very true. Personally, despite the fact I know it won't happen I'd rather see Premier clubs go bust than smaller community based clubs such as Kiddy Harriers who I watch a fair bit. Simply for the reason that these clubs are still connected to the community and followed by their community and they feel a part of the community. I'm not sure how many of us can in all honesty continue to relate to EPL clubs where supporters are treated with at best indifference and at worst contempt with fixtures being routinely rearranged and where players earn in a few cases 500K a week.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Many of the lower league clubs will almost certainly face the abyss now fans are not allowed back in. Boris as stated these measures could last up to 6 months and we all know they will last far longer until the magic bullet arrives. I fear a lot of the community clubs will go bust.

I feel for these clubs Phil! How about all the Premier Clubs donating some of their huge television payments and drip feeding it down to those clubs who don't have such a luxury. Equally, a temporary salary cap of say 50 grand a week and the rest dripped down to the donation pot! Will it happen? Will it f uck! Would Bale, Kane or Pogba etc be interested in this - would they hell!

Pure greed and Airlines/Tour Operators and Football Clubs are paying now for losses with the public switching off from years of greed and quite frankly - don't give a s hit if they go bang! I do feel for the little clubs though who are reliant on people through the gates and do loads of community work. Rich owners/Huge Salaried players - couldn't care less and many now feel that way!

Look at Lai - do you really think he cares about West Brom FC anymore than another business ( plants ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    You are a moron. You know the numbers are only low because measures put in place have enabled that. Scientists predicted 500,000 would die without measures put in place and hundreds of thousands more would have life long conditions as a result of this virus.

Unfortunately this pandemic has separated out the selfish beings in society who would happily allow fellow citizens to die than the minor inconvenience of a face mask and an early pub closure. Christ what planet are you people on?!

Take your drivel elsewhere!
    Jeez you must be one of the few who believe the original Imperial College numbers- debunked now for many a month

The reality....
    Some 0.6% of the population have tested positive and only 2.13% of all tests have tested positive.

The consequences now being openly discussed as being worse than the covid itself

Drivel to you but data to me & the inconsistencies of government decrees about pubs, no home visits , masks might give pause for thought

I'll drivel on- you stick your head in the sand but note where that puts your backside!!

Do your own research - it's there if you look

If you have rules and regulations you have to enforce them. I'm not sure that the 10 pm curfew will make a great deal of difference but that's not the point, if it's in place, don't '*****foot' about, enforce it. Too many people just ignore the regulations that are already in place and nothing is done about it. There lies the problem. If fines etc. are imposed then the public might just get the message. Finding the right balance between the economy and public health isn't easy but if rules are there, obey them, as I am convinced that ignoring them has been the biggest contributory factor to the increase in infections.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post

Seems to me that the best way to keep the economy moving and GB open is for everyone to use common sense, respect others and follow the guidelines. That in itself would ease any draconian measures as we could at least have some normality. Problem is that some simply will not comply.

Wearing a mask, socially distancing and not going to the beach on Bank Holiday's does not seem a massive price to pay if it means the disease not spreading. However we want to present the stats, it is killing many poor souls who simply have no choice in the matter as to who they stand next to or pass in the street.

It's ironic but some of the very people who moan about the reduction of civil liberties could have more of them if they'd only comply with what the majority are doing - as if the rest of us are enjoying this either. As for going on demos and rallies, self-centred selfish behaviour AKA not giving a f*** about others doesn't begin to describe their attitude to the rest of society.

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    Look at the numbers - one child's death a tragedy but a single tragedy is no way to run a country.
    BTW deaths for those aged 0-15 on roads every year is 60.

That's 5 a month- everyone a tragedy no doubt but we do not stop kids going on pavements, in cars , on bikes

You are not a moron but you are a virtue signaller- "look at me I care" - what of the deaths of despair caused by unemployment, health issues mental & physical, cancers untreated , education ruined, etc etc

If you read what I said I said I was a moron so called by earlier poster

I say to him and you look @ the numbers

Just look at the numbers

But I have said in my view the economy should go on! The morons are those who protest in groups about anything in London ( whilst there is a pandemic ) - those that disobey the rules - and those who do not social distance so don't give a
    f uck about others. So let's say someone has been overseas and not self quarantined and then it could be proven they passed this virus on to an elderly person - what are you suggesting a slapped wrist? I would give a prison stretch.

Bring in the army to help enforce if need be - is this wrong? Not in my opinion!

Those who disobey will soon enforce the economy and schools to shut down and nobody with half a brain would want this!

Is it real hardship if pubs who don't have outdoor areas are made to close? Then you get crackpot Lennon saying supporters should return to football stadiums! Don't think football is a priority for many at the moment when w ankers like Greenwood on silly money do not even give two s hits for his team mates. How about Premier Clubs helping the little clubs without TV money?

Greed and Selfish are two words to describe those who disobey the rules
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-09-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Thought I'd be mischievous and lob this one in for good measure...

Its really quite ironic that some of the very people who moaned and whinged that Brexit would ruin any hope of a secure, prosperous economic future for them, are some of the very same people who have broke every single Government diktat by, for example, going out on the p*** with their mates, refusing to wear a mask and/or social distance, and pretty much everything else they have been asked to do for the greater good. A tad selfish don't you think? 🤔

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)