+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: protest against covid restrictions

Bloody hell, what a time to be alive 🤣 .

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    Jeez you must be one of the few who believe the original Imperial College numbers- debunked now for many a month

The reality....
    Some 0.6% of the population have tested positive and only 2.13% of all tests have tested positive.

The consequences now being openly discussed as being worse than the covid itself

Drivel to you but data to me & the inconsistencies of government decrees about pubs, no home visits , masks might give pause for thought

I'll drivel on- you stick your head in the sand but note where that puts your backside!!

Do your own research - it's there if you look
    How you use that data to present your case is bizarre and thick. You quote what is currently the case and not considering the future state or how high that could be without restrictions. 2% of those tested is correct but this isn’t a virus with separate qualities to other known common illnesses initially so that small number of those positive is natural and irrelevant to the severity of the virus.

Taking away the data, I know people who have suffered this and the long term effects are devastating. Think about why Nightingale hospital is prepared with Speech and Language therapists and Occupational therapists. This isn’t a minor inconvenience.

Why don’t you consider why a government, measured on its performance in economic output would put such stringent restrictions in place, damaging the economy and all countries are doing this. This isn’t just a few rogue scientists. This isn’t just a conniving way to make us all wear masks and attack your liberties.

Statistics are to some people what a lamp post is to a drunk... they provide some support, but little in the way of illumination 🤔

Often, you can use statistics to prove pretty much what you want. There is conflicting opinion on how best to deal with this, long or short term. Personally, I hate wearing a face covering but I do so according to the regulations. Even if you disagree with the restrictions, it is arrogant to ignore them and flout them. I am not convinced that we are being given the full story about where this virus is taking its toll but fully support people that are wary of taking any chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Bloody hell, what a time to be alive �� .

Oh it hasn't even started 68. If people are bamboozled and confused now just watch how this continues to unfold....

You are correct though....a great time to be alive!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    How you use that data to present your case is bizarre and thick. You quote what is currently the case and not considering the future state or how high that could be without restrictions. 2% of those tested is correct but this isn’t a virus with separate qualities to other known common illnesses initially so that small number of those positive is natural and irrelevant to the severity of the virus.

Taking away the data, I know people who have suffered this and the long term effects are devastating. Think about why Nightingale hospital is prepared with Speech and Language therapists and Occupational therapists. This isn’t a minor inconvenience.

Why don’t you consider why a government, measured on its performance in economic output would put such stringent restrictions in place, damaging the economy and all countries are doing this. This isn’t just a few rogue scientists. This isn’t just a conniving way to make us all wear masks and attack your liberties.
    I quote the total figures from the outset. You make no alternative projections and provide no basis of fact other than trust politicians & their "pet" scientists

Plenty of eminent scientists have very different views. You will no doubt be aware of the recent open letter to the PM signed by 32 eminent scientists

You are the one making "future Projections" but to date there is no evidence anywhere that the 2nd wave is worse than the first.

And cases are not the issue- hospitalisations, ICU & deaths are of course

Deaths are 41862 Hospital @ the moment, 1469 in ICU, the total hospitalisations have been 136369 compare that to the number of ICU bes @ 91600 & hospital beds170548

Why would they do it? No idea maybe coz they panic-ed, coz they have another agenda? I don't know

But believing a government?

Jeez you'll tell me you believe in their election manifestos next!!

Just look at the numbers PLEASE..... even the recent scare mongering by Whitty & Vallance has been mocked & even they said it wasn't an estimate but a possible projection & note they took no questions from the press

And one set of numbers we can't get is the number of suicides - the government refuses to publish them- go figure.... And please try to use numbers to support your view not hissy fits & blind belief in whatever the government says

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    Thought I'd be mischievous and lob this one in for good measure...

Its really quite ironic that some of the very people who moaned and whinged that Brexit would ruin any hope of a secure, prosperous economic future for them, are some of the very same people who have broke every single Government diktat by, for example, going out on the p*** with their mates, refusing to wear a mask and/or social distance, and pretty much everything else they have been asked to do for the greater good. A tad selfish don't you think? ��
    I'm not really sure where to start with this....

Any source for this generic, sweeping statement?

By the way, Brexit is going just marvelous isn't it. Well done for voting that way, you certainly showed us remainers how much better off its made us all.
    Last edited by WBA123; 24-09-2020 at 11:09 AM.

[QUOTE=bordering;39581103

The numbers today in total just 403551 positive 41825 dead in ICU 181 and hospital is 1319 that's 0.6% of the population positive and 0.06% dead- mostly old with co-morbidities and that includes me

For that we are being forced to live in a society without basic liberties & the threats to our wealth & happiness & yes our health from mental to cancer

Don't sign the petition if you do not value liberty or that you think the restrictions are proportionate but whatever you do DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH[/QUOTE]

Blimey, no idea where to start with this either.

Which liberties don't you have now that you had before?

Want to go to the pub, play football with your mates or go out for a meal or shopping? You can do all of these things.

The only things you can't do is gather in large groups, like at a packed football stadium or a theatre. If this saves just one life, don't you think its a price worth paying?

I'm no fan of this government as many on here will tell you, but they've had to put in some restrictions.

What is it you think we should do? Your own figures say 41,825 dead in UK. Don't you think we all have a responsibility to the elderly and vulnerable to try to halt the spread of this disease?
    Last edited by WBA123; 24-09-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Blimey, no idea where to start with this either.

Which liberties don't you have now that you had before?

Want to go to the pub, play football with your mates or go out for a meal or shopping? You can do all of these things.

The only things you can't do is gather in large groups, like at a packed football stadium or a theatre. If this saves just one life, don't you think its a price worth paying?

I'm no fan of this government as many on here will tell you, but they've had to put in some restrictions.

What is it you think we should do? You're own figures say 41,825 dead in UK. Don't you think we all have a responsibility to the elderly and vulnerable to try to halt the spread of this disease?
    Well said 123

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Well said 123
    Maybe we could ask the elderly and the at risk what they want/ live a life , see their family , wait for death

Individual choice- you might have heard of it?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)