+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: protest against covid restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by bordering View Post
    Maybe we could ask the elderly and the at risk what they want/ live a life , see their family , wait for death

Individual choice- you might have heard of it?
    Either way, you really seem to have a problem accepting that other people may not share your opinions. Seems a common trait in some folks at the moment

Maybe we could ask the elderly and the at risk what they want/ live a life , see their family , wait for death

Individual choice- you might have heard of it?
    I would love for the doubters and moaners to have spent a day just a day in my wife’s shoes during the last peak or spend an hour in an ICU. I’m sure all but the insane would change their views.

Touchy...

May only be a perception, but my perception is my reality !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    I would love for the doubters and moaners to have spent a day just a day in my wife’s shoes during the last peak or spend an hour in an ICU. I’m sure all but the insane would change their views.

Could not agree with you more Dave. Whilst the economy in my view should go on everyone has a part to play in obeying the rules and being sensible. Temporarily ban protests in person - close pubs with no outside areas and close non critical establishments which are not critical to the economy ie places of worship and hammer those who disregard the rules with much tougher sentences - that’s my view!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Could not agree with you more Dave. Whilst the economy in my view should go on everyone has a part to play in obeying the rules and being sensible. Temporarily ban protests in person - close pubs with no outside areas and close non critical establishments which are not critical to the economy ie places of worship and hammer those who disregard the rules with much tougher sentences - that’s my view!
    Spot on 👍

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    Touchy...

May only be a perception, but my perception is my reality !!!
    Just wondered if you could back it up this perception with some kind of intelligent resource.

Like most Brexiteer viewpoints, it is completely baseless and lacking any kind of fact.

Thanks for confirming

🤣🤣🤣

I rely on published data not anecdotes 7 personaol experiences which I think are not relevant to policy making

Here's a clip from Office of National Statistics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfv6MmlW_W0

Total deaths from February 2020 of all under 60 without co-morbidities is 350 some 307 of these aged 40-60 &

those with co-morbidities under 40 is 213

Median age of deaths with C-19 is 81years old

Source Office of National Statistics

Check it out

The only question is why are the government doing it?

I rely on published data not anecdotes 7 personaol experiences which I think are not relevant to policy making

Here's a clip from Office of National Statistics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfv6MmlW_W0

Total deaths from February 2020 of all under 60 without co-morbidities is 350 some 307 of these aged 40-60 &

those with co-morbidities under 40 is 213

Median age of deaths with C-19 is 81years old

Source Office of National Statistics

Check it out

The only question is why are the government doing it?
    The government have said all along that they intend to keep this below a level that the NHS can cope with. I work for a hospital that was badly hit, they barely coped. If this spread exponentially and to a point that no ITU spaces remain for anyone, Covid-19 or otherwise, many will die. Simple. 41,000 with restrictions and only in its opening stages - that’s a stat you should be reading. This isn’t hard to understand.

You read these figures like they are nothing. Median age of 81...’f*ck it it’s only the elderly‘. A generation ago people fought and died for our lives; they had no liberties. We are asked to make a minor inconvenience and the selfish snowflakes are out in force ignoring the rules with their petitions that will make no difference.

It’s not acceptable to challenge rules where the alternative is to allow a portion of society to die before their time, an awful death on their own.

A generation ago people fought and died for our lives; they had no liberties. We are asked to make a minor inconvenience and the selfish snowflakes are out in force ignoring the rules with their petitions that will make no difference.

Well said Sir👍

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)