+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Threeed - Sporting Covid v AFC

Match Threeed - Sporting Covid v AFC

Well looks like the game will go ahead as no further positive test results. Think the final say is tomorrow around 3 hours before kick-off.

Strange build up; humped by Motherwell, McKenna off, 9 or 10 of their players/coaches down with virus plus a TV deal with our own Red TV which would be less lucrative than we would have hoped for a tie of this magnitude (well at least for us).

Nonetheless, here we are. Great shame there are not a good few thousand Dandies in Portugal right now.

I think the 3-5-2 we had been playing would have been perfect, but with McKenna gone and Kennedy presumably still injured, I think we might revert to a more rigid 4-5-1.

Key battles all over the place, with our players on all areas of the pitch being tested

Ever the optimist, 1-0 AFC with a penalty slotted away by young Ferguson.

I hope McInnes sticks with the 343 which has generally worked well this season - players still getting used to it so need to stick with it. I would prefer McCrorie in midfield but I would suspect he will play either at the right of the back 3 or as wingback with McGeouch (hopefully rather than Ojo) coming into midfield alongside Ferguson. If McCrorie's in defence I could see Logan getting the nod at wingback, and if McCrorie's wingback, probably Taylor in defence, although there's a chance Logan could be played there to add a bit of pace. McGinn doesn't have the legs for the wingback role so I hope we don't try playing him there again.

I'm looking forward to this one - less nervous because my expectations are lower I think. Real shame it'll be played without fans, but I won't care two hoots if we sneak a win. Fingers crossed we play football and get a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I hope McInnes sticks with the 343 which has generally worked well this season - players still getting used to it so need to stick with it. I would prefer McCrorie in midfield but I would suspect he will play either at the right of the back 3 or as wingback with McGeouch (hopefully rather than Ojo) coming into midfield alongside Ferguson. If McCrorie's in defence I could see Logan getting the nod at wingback, and if McCrorie's wingback, probably Taylor in defence, although there's a chance Logan could be played there to add a bit of pace. McGinn doesn't have the legs for the wingback role so I hope we don't try playing him there again.
    McGinn would be better off playing alongside Hedges.

I’m sure he would have scored some of those 1 on 1 chances Wright has been missing.

E-mail just arrived offering PPV.

Does anyone ken if the PPV works on Chromecast?

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Does anyone ken if the PPV works on Chromecast?
    FAQs from the Livingston match PPV....

Q: Can I screenshare the RedTV Broadcast to my Smart TV?
    A: Yes, you should be able to screenshare the Live Broadcast to compatible
    Smart TVs using an app such as Chromecast or Apple Airplay.
    For more specific information please contact redtv@streamdigital.tv

I would prefer a back four with Hoban and Considine as central defenders. I don’t want Taylor anywhere near the team. Or
    Oji.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    FAQs from the Livingston match PPV....

Q: Can I screenshare the RedTV Broadcast to my Smart TV?
    A: Yes, you should be able to screenshare the Live Broadcast to compatible
    Smart TVs using an app such as Chromecast or Apple Airplay.
    For more specific information please contact redtv@streamdigital.tv
    Cheers , will gie it a go

Ash is in. Hopefully they only have big lumps of wood up top

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast