+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Please don't ever be Notts County FC chairman, I'd rather have Alan Ha....nah only kidding
    I'm pleased to inform you there is zero chance of that ever happening. My theory on that one is that in essence it would not cost any more than it does now from a financial point of view and you would imagine he has the respect of the team. It has been muted on here more than once and ( hopefully) he won't be playing for us next season but he does bring stuff to the table. It was slightly tongue in cheek but not entirely tongue in cheek.

Phew!

Can't see the point in Doyle as player manager for the rest of the season at all, and we all know he would play himself every minute. Other than as caretaker manager until the handpicked new manager comes in.

Suggestions of who that should be folks? It's alright demanding a manager is shown the door but we need one to step straight in whilst the managers seat is still warm.

Can't see the point in Doyle as player manager for the rest of the season at all, and we all know he would play himself every minute.
    Do we really all know that? I certainly don't. If it happened, I suspect he wouldn't play himself every minute.

Suggestions of who that should be folks? It's alright demanding a manager is shown the door but we need one to step straight in whilst the managers seat is still warm.
    Why do we have to suggest the next manager? I would guess that most of us would leave it up to our owners to choose one.

Question:
    Would you prefer …
    A. Notts get promoted with NA at the helm and gets rewarded with a new contract or
    B. Notts don’t get promoted and NA gets the boot?

Not allowing any other options, just needs one answer A or B.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Question:
    Would you prefer …
    A. Notts get promoted with NA at the helm and gets rewarded with a new contract or

Definitely, 100% option A.

Edit - My reasons are that Notts become the World's Oldest Football League Club again, but I am proved wrong on a football messageboard. Not only could I live with that, but I would pay good money to see it happen.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 04-03-2021 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Do we really all know that? I certainly don't. If it happened, I suspect he wouldn't play himself every minute.

Why do we have to suggest the next manager? I would guess that most of us would leave it up to our owners to choose one.
    So you think he would concentrate on being the manager and stop playing? Or maybe a bit of both? Seeing as the Duracell Bunny doesn't get tired he's unlikely to drop himself and say I'm the main reason the last manager got sacked I'll move aside. Doyle's personality doesn't suggest that would be the case.

Elite it's a hypothetical question, just a bit of fun. Whenever Notts have sacked a manager previously and as you know it's happened often there are always lots of threads and lots of suggested names on NCM. Why stop now?

Plus the people who want Ardley out immediately aren't leaving that up to the owners to choose. They are demanding a change. So why would they then decide to leave the hiring up to the owners and take a backseat? Makes no sense.

We don't want to demand a sacking to then have no idea who we would be happy to replace him with. The club has done that before and the results weren't pretty.

Option A without a shadow of a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Question:
    Would you prefer …

I’d be shocked if anyone put B seriously

Really Matt?? Lol.

I'm looking forward to a few active posters answering this simple

A or B scenario question

So you think he would concentrate on being the manager and stop playing? Or maybe a bit of both?
    I think a bit of both. You said "we all know he would play himself every minute". How can you decide to speak for everyone? Who gave you that right? Do you have some magical mind reading powers that you've kept quiet?

Plus the people who want Ardley out immediately aren't leaving that up to the owners to choose.
    Again, how the f@ck do you presume to know what those who want him out are thinking? I would guess that if Ardley was sacked and they were asked if they would rather personally appoint the next manager or leave it to the owners, very few would go for the former.

Maybe we should all refrain from posting, and just wait for you to tell us what we think.

Page 101 of 139 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast