+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Really Matt?? Lol.

I'm looking forward to a few active posters answering this simple

A or B scenario question
    I did say seriously, as getting a new manager right isn’t that easy, so the questions probably is your destain high enough for ardley to risk being in this league for a few more years possibly

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Definitely, 100% option A.

Edit - My reasons are that Notts become the World's Oldest Football League Club again, but I am proved wrong on a football messageboard. Not only could I live with that, but I would pay good money to see it happen.
    'A', without a shadow of a doubt. I don't really rate Ardley that highly but I more than willing to swallow my pride if that were to happen and award him with a generous 28 day contract.

In.

I just do not see the point of getting rid now even though I have my own frustrations with our performances of late and fully understand why some fans have lost faith, or didn't have any to start with.

I just don't think overall current situation warrants a change mid season. We are not in danger of relegation which should not be interpreted as a marker. More importantly we are not out of the title race yet, and are in the mix. We are in a trophy semi-final. Our defence is also the best in the league.

To put things into perspective to win the title we ideally should have 44 points by now based on the 2 points a game marker that has been needed in the past six seasons. We have 38 points so are 6 points short of this target, two points of which we lost the other night which is actually very frustrating.

What I would be saying to the manager is that performances need to improve and we need to be more positive and create more and have more quality in the final third. Alternatively awful team performances can be stomached so long as we get three points by keeping a clean sheet and individual quality goals if it means we get promoted.

I think with this squad if the manager left mid season there would be a repeat of when Keith Curle was sacked and Chris Kiwomya took over we were no better. Likewise when Derry was sacked Moniz could not save us.

Plus it's a weird season and like no other, with no fans so there is a probably a bit more added leniency to the equation with the difficulty of the situation with half a season that's taken 5 months, yet the other half is going to take only 3 months. Not to mention postponement's which mess up normal preparations.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I think a bit of both. You said "we all know he would play himself every minute". How can you decide to speak for everyone? Who gave you that right? Do you have some magical mind reading powers that you've kept quiet?

Again, how the f@ck do you presume to know what those who want him out are thinking? I would guess that if Ardley was sacked and they were asked if they would rather personally appoint the next manager or leave it to the owners, very few would go for the former.

Maybe we should all refrain from posting, and just wait for you to tell us what we think.
    Chill bro, you are getting worked up again.

You speak for others all the time, it's something you do but you won't have noticed. Please don't be such a hypocrite.

Ok so whether he plays lots or a little. You would want him as manager for rest of season instead of Ardley?*

So in summary what you are saying is its easy to make the decision to sack a manager , but not so easy to appoint a manager? Funny that, that's what our history especially our recent history tells us

Like I said just a bit of fun. If people want Ardley sacked (and some clearly do) who would they like to replace him? No need to be so aggressive. Suggestions that's all. Why do I get the impression you wouldn't get so worked up if anyone else had asked? Lol#balancenotbias

* It's a question not a statement, not putting any words in your mouth. So relax take a breath and answer please.

Chill bro, you are getting worked up again.

You speak for others all the time, it's something you do but you won't have noticed.
    Can you give any examples, or is this yet another case of you constantly repeating a lie in the hope that someone will be taken in?

Ok so whether he plays lots or a little. You would want him as manager for rest of season instead of Ardley?
    Yes.

It’d be mad to sack Ardley without having a researched manager to come straight in and who they believed would make a positive difference. As Laddo suggests, these names aren’t in abundance and the owners can’t be blamed for not taking that risk right now....I know we are playing crap but we are still in the mix.

As for managers who I would realistically like to see come in? Only Dave Challinor jumps out at me. Those mentioning the Cowley brothers must be living on another planet!

Let’s be realistic, who else is there? It is ‘strange’ how nobody can give a list of names who we could attract and do a better job than Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    It’d be mad to sack Ardley without having a researched manager to come straight in and who they believed would make a positive difference. As Laddo suggests, these names aren’t in abundance and the owners can’t be blamed for not taking that risk right now....I know we are playing crap but we are still in the mix.

As for managers who I would realistically like to see come in? Only Dave Challinor jumps out at me. Those mentioning the Cowley brothers must be living on another planet!

Let’s be realistic, who else is there? It is ‘strange’ how nobody can give a list of names who we could attract and do a better job than Ardley.
    Found this, take yer pick

Alex Dyer
    Alex McLeish
    André Villas-Boas
    Billy Davies
    Bruno Lage
    Chris Coleman
    Danny Cowley
    David Hopkin
    David Wagner
    Dean Holden
    Eddie Howe
    Ernesto Valverde
    Frank Lampard
    Gary Caldwell
    Garry Monk
    Graham Westley
    Gus Poyet
    Ian Holloway
    Jason Tindall
    Jim McIntyre
    John McGreal
    Jürgen Klinsmann
    Keith Curle
    Leonardo Jardim
    Lucien Favre
    Luciano Spalletti
    Marco Silva
    Mark Hughes
    Martin Allen
    Massimiliano Allegri
    Maurizio Sarri
    Micky Adams
    Neil Harris
    Neil Lennon
    Nigel Adkins
    Nigel Worthington
    Oscar Garcia
    Patrick Viera
    Paul Clement
    Paul Dickov
    Paul Lambert
    Paul Peschisolido
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Brown
    Phil Parkinson
    Phillip Cocu
    Philippe Montanier
    Quique Sánchez Flores
    Quique Setién
    Rafa Benitez
    Richard Money
    Robert Di Matteo
    Ronnie Moore
    Sean O’Driscoll
    Sol Campbell
    Steven Pressley
    Stuart Kettlewell
    Stuart McCall
    Sylvinho
    Tony Pulis
    Vincenzo Montella
    Vladimir Ivic
    Walter Mazzarri

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post

Alex Dyer
    Alex McLeish
    André Villas-Boas
    Billy Davies
    Bruno Lage
    Chris Coleman
    Danny Cowley
    David Hopkin
    David Wagner
    Dean Holden
    Eddie Howe
    Ernesto Valverde
    Frank Lampard
    Gary Caldwell
    Garry Monk
    Graham Westley
    Gus Poyet
    Ian Holloway
    Jason Tindall
    Jim McIntyre
    John McGreal
    Jürgen Klinsmann
    Keith Curle
    Leonardo Jardim
    Lucien Favre
    Luciano Spalletti
    Marco Silva
    Mark Hughes
    Martin Allen
    Massimiliano Allegri
    Maurizio Sarri
    Micky Adams
    Neil Harris
    Neil Lennon
    Nigel Adkins
    Nigel Worthington
    Oscar Garcia
    Patrick Viera
    Paul Clement
    Paul Dickov
    Paul Lambert
    Paul Peschisolido
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Brown
    Phil Parkinson
    Phillip Cocu
    Philippe Montanier
    Quique Sánchez Flores
    Quique Setién
    Rafa Benitez
    Richard Money
    Robert Di Matteo
    Ronnie Moore
    Sean O’Driscoll
    Sol Campbell
    Steven Pressley
    Stuart Kettlewell
    Stuart McCall
    Sylvinho
    Tony Pulis
    Vincenzo Montella
    Vladimir Ivic
    Walter Mazzarri
    Some decent managers there to be fair, and some I’ve never heard of.

Realistic?....

Paul Peschisolido
    Graham Westley
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Parkinson
    Sol Campbell

Ones I’d like, but still unrealistic....

Danny Cowley
    Nigel Adkins
    Ronnie Moore?? Is he still working?
    Gary Monk
    Chris Coleman

Obviously not even going to mention the ones like Rafa Benitez 😂

There must be many more names available but it does make you wonder what kind of manager the owners would potentially approach.

[QUOTE=TSANHO;39721162]Some decent managers there to be fair, and some I’ve never heard of.

Realistic?....

Paul Peschisolido
    Graham Westley
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Parkinson
    Sol Campbell

I think their would be genuine disappointment from a lot of us if a couple of those got the job.
    Peschisolido not managed for nearly a decade.
    Graham Westley is a ****er and I wouldn’t want that knob anywhere near our club.
    Tisdale. Did well at Exeter but seems to have lost his way a little. Certainly wouldn’t say no.
    Phil Parkinson. Done OK at a couple of clubs. Failed miserably at a club too big for the league it’s in.
    Sol Campbell. Many laughed at his appointment at Macclesfield. Certainly did well with a club in turmoil. I’m not sure he would get a fair crack with a few on here.

What I would say is that the new manager, when there is one, would have to work with the owners and how they go about selecting players. A lot of managers wouldn’t like that.

I would be intrigued if the manager could be selected using the technology and how successful that would be.
    Last edited by Notts78; 04-03-2021 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post

Alex Dyer
    Alex McLeish
    André Villas-Boas
    Billy Davies
    Bruno Lage
    Chris Coleman
    Danny Cowley
    David Hopkin
    David Wagner
    Dean Holden
    Eddie Howe
    Ernesto Valverde
    Frank Lampard
    Gary Caldwell
    Garry Monk
    Graham Westley
    Gus Poyet
    Ian Holloway
    Jason Tindall
    Jim McIntyre
    John McGreal
    Jürgen Klinsmann
    Keith Curle
    Leonardo Jardim
    Lucien Favre
    Luciano Spalletti
    Marco Silva
    Mark Hughes
    Martin Allen
    Massimiliano Allegri
    Maurizio Sarri
    Micky Adams
    Neil Harris
    Neil Lennon
    Nigel Adkins
    Nigel Worthington
    Oscar Garcia
    Patrick Viera
    Paul Clement
    Paul Dickov
    Paul Lambert
    Paul Peschisolido
    Paul Tisdale
    Phil Brown
    Phil Parkinson
    Phillip Cocu
    Philippe Montanier
    Quique Sánchez Flores
    Quique Setién
    Rafa Benitez
    Richard Money
    Robert Di Matteo
    Ronnie Moore
    Sean O’Driscoll
    Sol Campbell
    Steven Pressley
    Stuart Kettlewell
    Stuart McCall
    Sylvinho
    Tony Pulis
    Vincenzo Montella
    Vladimir Ivic
    Walter Mazzarri
    That list must be fake because Paul Ince isn't on it. With the bookies, Paul Ince is always on any 'next manager' list.

I'll go for Sol Campbell on the basis that he once showed (to our immense cost) that he's better than Neal Ardley.

Page 102 of 139 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast