+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 105 of 139 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Back to ncfcog A or B question.

Is there anyone on here that would seriously select B?

Likely contenders

Pedro/Ken
    DavyFacts
    Durhampie
    Carlton Pie
    Angry Pete
    Et al.

Any of the above or anyone else would you pick option B? Or is every Notts fan on here A?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Back to ncfcog A or B question.

Is there anyone on here that would seriously select B?

Likely contenders

Pedro/Ken
    DavyFacts
    Durhampie
    Carlton Pie
    Angry Pete
    Et al.

Any of the above or anyone else would you pick option B? Or is every Notts fan on here A?
    Go **** yourself u lying dimwit Already answered.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Can't see it but would absolutely loved be the Cowleys for all the obvious reasons.

Flitcroft is a no for me, he was in some people's eyes hard done by at Field Mill. But in a lot of Stags fans eyes (and mine) he choked badly when he first took over and amazingly failed to get them even a playoff spot. The next season he bottled the playoffs, sound familiar? We don't like that here.

Alexander I haven't seen enough of but on paper I would take.

Some good suggestions so far.
    He didn't bottle it. They lost, played well. We don't get that with Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I haven't read much of this thread but get the gist..

I'm dissatisfied with Ardley, a lot of what he does is really frustrating...
    But we all know he's going to be given the chance to finish the job his way, right? And we can be pretty sure what'll happen if he doesn't (he'll be a gonna), so all these pages and pages of musing are a waste of time and effort really.

What's more likely - he succeeds or he falls short? It's probably the latter, isn't it?
    Play-off games will be against good, solid sides not Oxford City or Dagenham, so the side will have to raise their game and overcome adversity to prevail and have the right playing schemes and mental strength to do so.
    If Ardley stumbles on a winning formula and first 11 then we have a chance...I guess this is what the Reedtz brothers hope for as well.

Conversely, the constant game failures and disappointments along the way mean that there will be no more patience with him if we fall short.
    While I agree with you that this thread doesn’t mirror the reality - which is that Ardley will probably see out his contract - it does at least reflect the dissatisfaction that an increasing number of fans have with Ardley’s inability to get the best out of the squad. That’s especially damning this season when there were no league clubs coming down and with a lot of rivals in transition.

The one thing I agreed with Ray Trew about is that it’s the same old names coming up again and again when the new manager hunt begins. I’d hope, however, that the Reedtz brothers’ search for a new manager began the day they walked through the door, and they’re following the young managers currently learning their trade at a smaller club but with the desire to make it to the top.

James Rowe is doing a good job at Chesterfield having stepped up from Gloucester City (too early to say more), but who are the others? We need to find the next Neil Warnock, and pray to God that we haven’t found the next Jamie “PowerPoint” Fullarton. That comes from extensive research and a large dollop of luck.

Are we sure that Doyle would command the respect of the players? Dishing out *******ings left right and centre while being an automatic pick in an underperforming midfield for the last two years would in my view create resentment, not respect.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    He didn't bottle it. They lost, played well. We don't get that with Ardley
    Michael Doyle until the end of the season is the answer! Reedtz of course will never do it. Their long term business strategy don't fit our short term reaction. We can ultimately at this point easily win the league with Neal in charge. But that's a funny comment ultimately. I think Doyle managing and not in midfield is the perfect solution! I might be mad But it does kill two birds with one stone and I can be sure he wont relegate us. What could possibly go wrong?!

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    While I agree with you that this thread doesn’t mirror the reality - which is that Ardley will probably see out his contract - it does at least reflect the dissatisfaction that an increasing number of fans have with Ardley’s inability to get the best out of the squad.
    Yes, we seem to pretty much unanimously agree that Ardley isn't getting this group of players playing better than the sum of their parts, but I'm not at all convinced that Ardley is even getting them to play to the sum of their parts.

We have had a constant stream of signings from one or two divisions higher, with some up and coming youngsters, but we rarely dominate anyone and in all his time here I can't remember us stringing more than two or three good performances together.

Effiong is built for this division and scored something like 17 goals in a crap team last year. In his first interview he said that there was a lot to learn about Ardley's system but he was eager and willing to do what the manager asked. Now he's a joke figure who can hardly control the ball.

Elisha Sam is big, quick, skilful and has a cracking shot on him, but months after we signed him we still don't know where to play him.

We score way more goals with Knowles on the pitch than without him, but rarely start with him.

Enzio is being transformed into a defensive wide midfielder.

We all know what a good lower division central midfield looks like (Bishop and Ravenhill) and how many games that kind of mobility and aggression will win you, but we choose Doyle and Reeves every game when fit.

I've been saying for a while that this season would be like a Munto season. Remember when we were hovering around 5th in L2 with no consistency, and people started saying the players weren't good enough? Then a new manager came in with proper motivational skills and a simple but effective game plan everyone could buy into, and it turned out they were actually very good indeed.

I'm sure that's exactly where we are now, only I've resigned myself to the fact that there will be no change.

One point re Ardley losing big games like against Harrogate and not getting the players fired up - could it possibly be that we’re not actually the best team in the league, despite our expectation that we should be (based on our history and ground, and having one of the best budgets, but not necessarily the best)? Harrogate finished above us last season and there’s a reason they were tipped by many to beat us in the playoff final: because they were a better team, with greater energy in all the key areas.

Simple way of gauging how good our players are is to see how many would get into a “League team of the season” XI. I’m guessing maybe Rawlinson and Wootton, but no one else has done it consistently this season - and that’s just as big a problem as the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Question:
    Would you prefer …
    A. Notts get promoted with NA at the helm and gets rewarded with a new contract or
    B. Notts don’t get promoted and NA gets the boot?

Not allowing any other options, just needs one answer A or B.
    A all day long. If Ardley succeededs, we do. We are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Go **** yourself u lying dimwit Already answered.
    Language Timothy it's not even 9 o'clock.

Page 105 of 139 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast