+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Absolutely loved it.

Got an early train down to properly prepare for the game in the fine public houses of Old London town whilst the players trained in a local park.

Great scenes for that goal. I remember legging it down the steps to celebrate and then looking up at the tiers of Chelski fans above. There faces were a mixture of amusement and bemusement. Good crowd in that night with sensible / cheap ticket prices.

We were voted best away fans at Stamford Bridge that season on a Chelsea website as we were very vocal as you would hope. And if I remember right the hosts kindly donated their share of the gate receipts to us to help us out.

We booked a national express journey back which was a mistake but also put money on Chelsea 4 v 2 Notts in a bookies just before kickoff trying to get the best odds going. Sadly all I had on me after a day in London pubs with mates was £2.53. Still at big odds it paid for the day out with a little spare.
    Brilliant memories!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Absolutely loved it.

Got an early train down to properly prepare for the game in the fine public houses of Old London town whilst the players trained in a local park.

Great scenes for that goal. I remember legging it down the steps to celebrate and then looking up at the tiers of Chelski fans above. There faces were a mixture of amusement and bemusement. Good crowd in that night with sensible / cheap ticket prices.

We were voted best away fans at Stamford Bridge that season on a Chelsea website as we were very vocal as you would hope. And if I remember right the hosts kindly donated their share of the gate receipts to us to help us out.

We booked a national express journey back which was a mistake but also put money on Chelsea 4 v 2 Notts in a bookies just before kickoff trying to get the best odds going. Sadly all I had on me after a day in London pubs with mates was £2.53. Still at big odds it paid for the day out with a little spare.
    It was a great night. A local game for me at the time, always nice to go to a game by Tube (especially Wembley). Were there over 40,000 there that night because of decently priced seats? Definitely the most enjoyable defeat I can remember.

Don’t think Chelsea gave us their share of the gate receipts, though - something about not wanting to set a precedent. I do think the Chelsea players donated their shirts for Notts to auction off, but allegedly Caskey refused to hand over the one he’d been given.

And yes, Billy Dearden did a brilliant job in the circumstances.

... what a night at Chelsea. In a nearby pub the Chelsea supporters telling me they loved us singing 'we're only here for your money ' (or something like that) ... and Stal's goal to make it a fair scoreline. Great support - 50 (?) coaches ...

Yes it was a cracking night, anyone remember the poster on here who used to call him Billy Dreadful ?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Yes it was a cracking night, anyone remember the poster on here who used to call him Billy Dreadful ?
    That was pissedoffmagpie, usually referred to as POM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That was pissedoffmagpie, usually referred to as POM.
    Not seen POM for years. Praps he moved away? Used to see him on a regular basis at matches as he always sat in the lower Kop.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not seen POM for years. Praps he moved away? Used to see him on a regular basis at matches as he always sat in the lower Kop.
    Speaking of not seeing Pom anyone know what's happened to Joe/Soccerman?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Speaking of not seeing Pom anyone know what's happened to Joe/Soccerman?
    Hi mate, Joe is A Ok speak to him every week I will tell him you asked after him.

I miss Bohinen's direct no-nonsense posts. Went in two footed at times but his take downs of a certain ex-director on here in direct exchanges were devastatingly brilliant. I find myself trying to make up for the loss of our midfield general of harsh truths at times but always fall woefully short. Hope it's just a case of him having had his fill of Notts being so utterly hopeless rather than anything more serious.

I speak to him now & again, he lives in Cornwall nowadays still writing his Poetry and taking some great pictures of Cornwall is Rob.
    Before you ask, Once a Pie Always a Pie.

Page 11 of 131 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast