+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 113 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    If he did make us champions and win the FA trophy of course more people would back him. That being said i think you have more chance of being let into Area 51 than Ardley winning us the league. He's an awful manager, who's been given ridiculous backing this season despite showing he's tactically poor. The longer he stays the more chance we have at becoming Stockport. I've said it many of times on here, if Notts want a young manager who will take us forward, we should approach Boreham Wood for Luke Garrard.
    So you don't think he's very good then?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    So you don't think he's very good then?
    I think he's very lucky to still be here, he should have been given the boot after relegating us.

I think he's very lucky to still be here, he should have been given the boot after relegating us.
    People often say this and it's certainly valid time, however there was nobody to sack him when the full time whistle at Swindon.

A chairman/owner who had long ago run out of money and was desperately trying to sell the club was hardly going to sack him. He couldn't afford to.

The only chance was if the incoming Danes nearly 3 months later made it their first action.

As we know they didn't and the rest history.

He didn't relegate us though, there were a lot of blokes in black and white stripy shirts and a bloke having a bath who had way more responsibility between them. He has partial responsibility for sure, but to say 'he' relegated us is crackers.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-03-2021 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Typo

Crackers but a little too common

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Crackers but a little too common
    Of course its crackers to suggest he was at fault
    He only had half a season and was only able to sign a nearly new team, give or take a handful of players.
    No other manager in that league in the same situation would have ever been able to prevent his team from sliding into relegation...
    Oooooohhh hang on..!?
    Sol Campbell...

And the other half to the season?

I mean who gets the blame from going from a play off campaign season where we unfortunate not to reach Wembley to not winning any of our first 9 league games?

3 points from a possible 27! That's real hero to zero stuff right there. Momentum and good feeling at the club well and truly lost in a couple of months of losing.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the then managers? The players coming back to the club unfit? Or maybe the vanity project based pre season where we chased shadows and got hammered by the local big boys?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    And the other half to the season?

I mean who gets the blame from going from a play off campaign season where we unfortunate not to reach Wembley to not winning any of our first 9 league games?

3 points from a possible 27! That's real hero to zero stuff right there. Momentum and good feeling at the club well and truly lost in a couple of months of losing.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the then managers? The players coming back to the club unfit? Or maybe the vanity project based pre season where we chased shadows and got hammered by the local big boys?
    That's why he got the job..
    Because the other half of the season we were poor.
    Same reason sol got his job

Exactly.

Nolan was poor.
    Kewell was poor.
    Ardley was poor.

I can't believe Campbell is out of job currently after his managerial stints at Macclesfield and Southend.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He didn't relegate us though, there were a lot of blokes in black and white stripy shirts and a bloke having a bath who had way more responsibility between them. He has partial responsibility for sure, but to say 'he' relegated us is crackers.
    He was the manager at the time of our relegation so of course I’m going to say he relegated us. It would he exactly the same if we won the league I’d say he won it us. I look at Macclesfield compared to us that season, staff and players not paid, training on a local park, no hot water they stayed up. Us on the other hand, staff and management paid, shiny changing room, money for a whole new squad in January relegated. Let’s not forget Harry Kewell who many people hate, actually took us from bottom, to out of the relegation zone at the time of his sacking. I’m not saying Hardy was a saint, but he didn’t hold a gun to Ardley’s head and say you must park the bus every game, and try and draw us out of trouble. He had over half a season to save us, he failed. Kevin Nolan came in, with us on a 10 game losing streak, and players not paid, he saved us.

Page 113 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast