+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 130 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1382

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Why wouldn’t the owners sack him now?

1) Don’t want to pay him off?
    2) They still believe we have a good chance of promotion?
    3) They’re not confident in hiring who they want at the minute?

For me last night should be his last game in charge, in fact I’ll be rather shocked and disappointed if it isn’t.
    All viable reasons. In order I'd guess

2, 3 then 1.

They won't sack him now as we've got games in hand, win them and things look much better. I don't believe any Notts fan wants Ardley out for any other reason than the betterment of Notts County. I mean who actually cares who manages us as long as they do a good job, I don't. Whether getting rid of him would benefit or not is to be seen but hate the fact that if you want him to leave for what you believe to be the greater good then you might be seen as rejoicing in his demise. Not the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    They won't sack him now as we've got games in hand, win them and things look much better. I don't believe any Notts fan wants Ardley out for any other reason than the betterment of Notts County. I mean who actually cares who manages us as long as they do a good job, I don't. Whether getting rid of him would benefit or not is to be seen but hate the fact that if you want him to leave for what you believe to be the greater good then you might be seen as rejoicing in his demise. Not the case at all.
    Agreed. All I want is for Notts to do well. I think Ardley is a decent bloke and I wish him no harm at all - I just don't think he has it in him to deal with a side with a top budget in any division. He's a scraper, a defend from the front and respect the point sort of manager. That's not what we need when we find ourselves in the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You seem like a sensible poster and, of course, there are others that fall in to the above. My initial post suggested some, not all.

Ultimately, it’s my perception. This isn’t just based on posts from this morning or last night. A culmination of posts, where individuals critique every decision NA makes. To then almost arrive at point of satisfaction/relief.

If he stays and it gets worse he will lose any good will he has left and the atmosphere will get toxic.

Out

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    You seem like a sensible poster and, of course, there are others that fall in to the above. My initial post suggested some, not all.

Ultimately, it’s my perception. This isn’t just based on posts from this morning or last night. A culmination of posts, where individuals critique every decision NA makes. To then almost arrive at point of satisfaction/relief.
    I tend to think that 1 or 2 on here have a problem with Ardley that goes beyond poor results but I think that would be true of almost any manager. I have tried to keep level headed & back the manager but I must admit it's becoming harder by the game, has he lost the players? there definitely seem to be a lack of effort at times. I will continue with my backing but admit that if the owners have anyone in mind now would be a reasonable time to sound them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    I tend to think that 1 or 2 on here have a problem with Ardley that goes beyond poor results but I think that would be true of almost any manager. I have tried to keep level headed & back the manager but I must admit it's becoming harder by the game, has he lost the players? there definitely seem to be a lack of effort at times. I will continue with my backing but admit that if the owners have anyone in mind now would be a reasonable time to sound them out.
    Fair comment.

In terms of losing the players, based on last night you’d have to say yes.

Like you, I will continue to support the club/owners and NA, if that’s what they decide.

Potential replacements, I think that will decide NA’s immediate future.

I'm seriously thinking do we need another CM now, I'm not 100% convinced by Wolfe, I think JOB will play his part here and there but to have a bishop type player in now would be a massive help.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Of course I have.

Up to last night the performances have been disappointing. Last night it turned it truly worrying.

We've had good and bad all season,and the bad the issues have remained pretty much throughout but I've not felt the manager had lost the dressing room.

However I've seen it before with managers where they have and they serve up performances and games like that.

It was always on a knife edge when we were winning tight games by scoring few and conceding less. Which was going to change sadly it has been the latter.
    Why was last night any different to what has gone before.?

Page 130 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 ... LastLast