+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Laughing Magpie, was going to post the same! The manager who got us to the playoff final last year and had a bad game and who has played one (semi) competitive game this year must go?! Madness. The relegation season has been and gone. Numerous managers failed that year. Unfortunately with this league being as it is with only 1 team getting auto promotion, if we are comfortably in the playoffs all season then he’s doing his job. Despite this, I do agree he needs to find a way of dealing with teams using an aggressive pressing system against us. Those were the games last year that we looked poor in. Let’s wait and see. There still might not be a bloody season to start

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's all moot anyrode, Reedtz Employment won't sack him. They don't appear to me to be the sacking type.
    I think you're probably right, if his contract expires at the end of this season I can see them sticking with him until then. If we don't go up this time though, the £750,000 EFL parachute payments (big money at this level) will have been wasted and we start on level terms with the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    Bloody hell! The season hasn't even started yet. This must be some kind of record!
    My thoughts entirely. Anyone trying to judge the new players on the games played in pre-season is barking up the wrong tree. They need time to settle in. Harrogate had a massive advantage yesterday having already started their season. If we had been equally fit we would have given a better account of ourselves. Even so we played better than at Wembley. There was also some strange refereeing.

He's assembled the squad he desired, he's had a full pre season, he deserves his chance to get us back up. I'm not Ardley's biggest fan but I've a feeling we'll be in the playoffs again. Hopefully we've got the squad to take us one step further this time.

O/P is a very knee jerk reaction.

It's obviously ridiculous to even discuss sacking a manager before the season starts, but there can be no more excuses this time. Ardley has been backed from the day he arrived. He has signed so many players, many of whom have been of a calibre that other teams around us would love to have. Yet we've never looked like we have the spirit or tactics to seriously push on.

There has always been a valid (and handy) excuse up until now. Hardy was a nutcase, and the squad was divided when he arrived. Then, we nearly went out of business and had to assemble a squad in a few weeks. This time around, there can be no excuses. And I don't want to hear him roll out the 'Saturday-Tuesday' one again, given that every team in the division will have that problem, and most will have smaller squads.

Over to Ardley. I would love him to succeed, I really would. But this season is the last chance to show he can.

Here it is folks, what I expected , what i knew was coming lol. Tbh even I didn't think it would appear to at least the first league defeat but why wait for that after last night's showing?

Classic NCM. Proving you can't take anything too serious on here.

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Here it is folks, what I expected , what i knew was coming lol. Tbh even I didn't think it would appear to at least the first league defeat but why wait for that after last night's showing?

Love it
    To be fair it's not just NCM. Football fans will be football fans and, as is often said, they pay their money and are entitled to their view. (OK they don't pay at the moment, but you know what I mean!)

The problems come if the owners and decision-makers become influenced by the football fan mentality, which is without doubt what happened under Ray Trew and Alan Hardy. They were emotional in at least some of their decision-making, whereas I think the Reedtz family are much more cerebral and strategic. I'm sure they have the utmost regard for Notts fans, but they aren't the type to base decisions on their whims and mood swings.

I agree with several other posters that I think Ardley will be given the full season unless we perform extraordinarily badly, and then there will be a stock take before decisions are made on any future contracts, but I wouldn't even predict it's a case of promotion or bust.

Everything will be calm, strategic and balanced, which has been the case since these owners walked through the door, and more power to them.

Love it
    Don’t get me wrong Laddo I know where you’re coming from but there’s not one direspectful comment on a thread posted by someone who has a genuine reason for commenting in the first place. Not sure it really matters when stuff relating to the suitability of a manager, player, owner etc is posted if it contributes to keeping the board lively and interesting.

As long as it's football or NCFC related I think people should pretty much post whatever they like. Everyone's entitled to their view no matter how daft or controversial. The lifeblood of NCM as you suggest

It just made me laugh, it's so typically Notts, so typically NCM that this post comes before the season even kicks off cos of a FA Trophy semi final defeat to Harrogate in front of no fans.

It's as if the 74 Notts managers in the past 20 seasons has had a lasting impact and now colours our view of what the norm is when it comes to hiring and firing managers.

Can't blame him , it's black humour at isn't finest.

Love it
    Funnily enough laddo, my first thought on reading the thread title was that it would leave you needing another change of underwear!

I would have added a 'lol', but you beat me to it again.

Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast