+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Navypie, spot on. We have had our differences, but we sing from the same hymn sheet
    Yes, you certainly do....quite clearly. UTM is right though, continue if you like, I won’t respond to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Yes, you certainly do....quite clearly. UTM is right though, continue if you like, I won’t respond to it now.
    Come on, I'm only just starting. We know you will change your mind Deidre

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yeah agree with this. If we were going to get rid of Ardley, I think the time to do it was after the playoff final. Now the squad incredibly looks light in quality especially in centre midfield and up front where we appear worse than last season.

It’s just astonishing that we still have O’Brien and Doyle in midfield, 18 months after the might of Newport ran rings around them at ML, and we then got relegated.
    I thought O’Brien was our best player in the second half of the relegation season, but he’s disappointed ever since (not helped by two injuries). Doyle should have been moved to a coaching role in the summer, we’re going nowhere with him in the team. I’d say it’s time to give Sloth a chance, but he’s not played 90 minutes in a competitive game for God knows how long and is clearly a big gamble. Other than that, we don’t have many options in the centre of the park.

How did we end up with a squad that seems weaker than the one in March, especially if we want to play 4-4-2?

Yeah agree with this. If we were going to get rid of Ardley, I think the time to do it was after the playoff final. Now the squad incredibly looks light in quality especially in centre midfield and up front where we appear worse than last season.

It’s just astonishing that we still have O’Brien and Doyle in midfield, 18 months after the might of Newport ran rings around them at ML, and we then
    got relegated.
    Agree with the midfielder part. Doyle and O'Brien were outrun against Swindon the day we went down. Both good players but without legs it doesn't matter. Midfield is weak, we would be better with Rose in there, not because he's as good a footballer as them but because he has physicality.
    Unless Sloth turns out to be a world beater we'll have to loan in another midfielder and probably a striker too.
    We've been slow all pre-season , tried different formations but there's no getting around that pack of mobility and bite.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I thought O’Brien was our best player in the second half of the relegation season, but he’s disappointed ever since (not helped by two injuries). Doyle should have been moved to a coaching role in the summer, we’re going nowhere with him in the team. I’d say it’s time to give Sloth a chance, but he’s not played 90 minutes in a competitive game for God knows how long and is clearly a big gamble. Other than that, we don’t have many options in the centre of the park.

How did we end up with a squad that seems weaker than the one in March, especially if we want to play 4-4-2?
    Well Ardley better hope these foreign players come good otherwise it will have the same feeling as the season after Nolan lost in the play offs

I dont see us going down but I expect play offs we have to win one of the two home games I expect us to drop points in one of them.

It’s just astonishing that we still have O’Brien and Doyle in midfield, 18 months after the might of Newport ran rings around them at ML, and we then got relegated.
    Yes Newport with their captain a certain Josh Labadie who gets rave reviews.

No goals in the last 3 games sums it up for me. I said last season that he wasn't the man to get us promoted and I'm saying the same again this season.

Ardley in..?!

For those that want him to stay could you please explain your reasons why.
    Bearing in mind he got us relegated.
    He got out thought and his teams out played in the play offs and semi final.
    His style of play is so negative and predictable.
    We have been lucky in numerous games where we have scored wonder goals to win matches.
    He's had so much backing and been given time to manage from two sets of owners yet the club is no further forward.
    In fact it is has gone backwards.
    He has a hat full of excuses , wins just enough games to keep us in touch with promotion in a league we should be dominating.
    There in lies he problem,hes awful but wins just enough to keep the sheep happy.
    So sheep please explain why you think hes good enough to lead this club onward and upwards..?
    Confused from Dover

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    For those that want him to stay could you please explain your reasons why.
    Bearing in mind he got us relegated.
    He got out thought and his teams out played in the play offs and semi final.
    His style of play is so negative and predictable.
    We have been lucky in numerous games where we have scored wonder goals to win matches.
    He's had so much backing and been given time to manage from two sets of owners yet the club is no further forward.
    In fact it is has gone backwards.
    He has a hat full of excuses , wins just enough games to keep us in touch with promotion in a league we should be dominating.
    There in lies he problem,hes awful but wins just enough to keep the sheep happy.
    So sheep please explain why you think hes good enough to lead this club onward and upwards..?
    Confused from Dover
    Why are people sheep if they support him? I’m still pro Ardley, admittedly season we got relegated he didn’t cover himself in glory. 2nd season he had hardly any squad ready at the start of the season with a jam packed 2 months ahead and we lost ground. We ended up 3rd and pushing with almost 10 games left. Yeah we lost the final, it happens to any teams, for some reason they just don’t turn up whoever the manager and he got Wimbledon up in a final, so proves he can do it.
    I think we play decent football, yeah it’s possession based and not hell for leather but personally prefer it to Nolan’s dross, 90% long balls and we got found out December that year and we’re crap afterwards.
    100% agree he needs to get us up this season though with resources
    BBBBAAAAA

Rumours abound that Sabri Lamouchi has left Florist. Let's hope we can make it a double.

Page 24 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast