+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

It's a beauty isn't it?

Glad to know that you see the funny side to it also. Season hasn't started yet, season may not finish but let's get the manager out.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's a beauty isn't it?

Glad to know that you see the funny side to it also. Season hasn't started yet, season may not finish but let's get the manager out.

It's a first for sure, but then we've never had a manager like Neal Ardley before.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It's a first for sure, but then we've never had a manager like Neal Ardley before.
    That's true. We've never had a manager who oversaw us 'wimping' out of the FL, so it is a first.

We've had worse managers that's for sure

Gump try and view it in a more simplistic, basic way. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    We've had worse managers that's for sure

Gump try and view it in a more simplistic, basic way. I dare you.
    We've never had a more negative, uninspiring, excuse ridden manager.
    Kiwomya was possibly worse but just vacant, or - to be fair to him - in shock.

You can't really compare managers from different divisions, Slade would surely have done better with a club lower down at the age he was at the time than a 2nd tier club for example. Otheriwise, stats wise, he is among the absolute worst of all time.

Only two have worse PPG records than Ardley in tier 4 - Fullarton being one with 0.83 whilst Sheridan on 0.92 is almost identical to Ardley on 0.93. Neither were around long enough to do the damage Ardley did however.

All things considered, Ardley is the 2nd worst for me, as things stand with Kiwomya just shading it.
    Fullarton's stint was so brief he's practically a caretaker manager.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's all moot anyrode, Reedtz Employment won't sack him. They don't appear to me to be the sacking type.
    Or they just don’t seem to be the moronic irrational type!

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,” Neal Ardley, or indeed any other manager under the current circumstances, should have been fired a long time ago. In an honourable society however, he would have resigned. Despite the dire conditions brought about by Covid we still have a club thanks to the Reedtz family and on paper, and from what I have seen so far, we appear to have a very good squad; one that could easily win promotion if it had a sense of direction, purpose and solid leadership. We don’t need and cannot afford endless experimentation in the hope that things will go right on the pitch sometime in the distant future. It is abundantly clear that the manager cannot inspire and lead our teams. I am fully aware of the pitfalls of managerial roundabouts but unless he is replaced soon we will go into oblivion with the usual excuses. If I were daddy Reedtz I would be saying to my boys, “Listen lads. I admire your ambition, drive and loyalty, but your man’s time is up. He’s had his chances and you need fresh blood, or else”. Gamblers compound their losses by gambling more and more in the hope of winning and we cannot allow the manager to gamble our club away.
    You do remember we finished 3rd last season and on a great run of form? Do you also remember we assembled a squad after the club was saved on the eve of the season starting? So our pre season was pretty much the first half dozen league games.
    I’ve referred to this dozens of times over the last 12 months but when the Reedtz brothers bought the club and we then had to assemble a squad, there wasn’t a single fan that was expecting anything more than a steadying of the ship and to stop the rot. Yet here we are after exceeding that saying that Ardley just makes excuses.
    We started the season thankful that we still had a club and we ended it by being one win away from promotion and two away from lifting a trophy.
    If we had won those three games he’d be a hero. How can three games be the difference of hero to villain?
    Ardley should in no way be under threat. For me it was a solid season, he’s signed good players, I like the way he’s trying to get us playing football with a fluid front three, and I’m genuinely optimistic for the season.
    But I’m not arrogant enough to think we deserve to go up just because we’re a bigger club than most.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Laughing Magpie, was going to post the same! The manager who got us to the playoff final last year and had a bad game and who has played one (semi) competitive game this year must go?! Madness. The relegation season has been and gone. Numerous managers failed that year. Unfortunately with this league being as it is with only 1 team getting auto promotion, if we are comfortably in the playoffs all season then he’s doing his job. Despite this, I do agree he needs to find a way of dealing with teams using an aggressive pressing system against us. Those were the games last year that we looked poor in. Let’s wait and see. There still might not be a bloody season to start
    Numerous managers failed that year -Nolan after 5 games can,t be judged - Kewall out the bottom 3 when sacked - Ardley relegated us with what 25 + games left - nothing will change my mind he was responsible
    You say play offs and that’s ok - not really because we will fail against a high press team that comes at us - and they will do because all a team have to do is do there homework
    The way forward is winning games instead of drawing to poor to mid sides
    Example the home game to Dover we drawed and they acted like they won the cup - Barrow won the same match at home 1-0 scoring around 80 minutes .
    But I agree I’f the season starts at all - but at least post match Ardley was right about that the leagues above and below us have started

We had worse managers - can’t think of any ?? Even gud Jon thordason kept us up

I know we only drawed with Dover, but even from the other side of the world, I fort Barrow won 3-0?

Page 3 of 139 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast