+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

You can't ignore that season Elite for anyone involved in it.

It's the same when fans totally disregard what happened prior to when he took over, or ignore what was happening off the field all that season. But the rest example was when we had next to no pre season last year. They think a big squad budget and highest attendance in the league negates enforced p!$$ poor preparation and a late recruitment that put us weeks maybe months behind all the other less bat sh!t crazy clubs

Crazy talk to ignore any of it

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You can't ignore that season Elite for anyone involved in it.

It's the same when fans totally disregard what happened prior to when he took over, or ignore what was happening off the field all that season. But the rest example was when we had next to no pre season last year. They think a big squad budget and highest attendance in the league negates enforced p!$$ poor preparation and a late recruitment that put us weeks maybe months behind all the other less bat sh!t crazy clubs.
    Why didn't anyone mention that to Dover last weekend?

Well that wins the worst post of the day award. Congrats BFP
    Personally, in my opinion I think it's one of the best....
    Certainly better than anything you have ever posted and that's a fact....xx!

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My thoughts on Neal are:
    His overall win rate is 40% with the club as a whole, making him one of the better managers in recent years
    Mostly played at the lowest in the clubs history and against the poorest and often part time opposition. It does not make him one of the better managers.

If you exclude the horrific situation he walked into as third (and terminal) manager in our relegation year, you really only have last season to judge him by. Last season he managed a win rate of 44.7% in the league, putting the team firmly in the playoffs. Later results tended to be better than earlier results, too.
    If you ignore all of his defeats and draws he’s got a 100% record.

If you ignore that fact he did worse with an awful lot more against a rookie manager, managing a team who weren’t being paid regularly. You might be able to ignore that season.

He had the ability to sign an entire team with few budget restrictions. And still did worse with them than rookie sol Campbell.
    You cannot ignore that season.

The long term trend of both results and his hiring is one of improvement. The results he's getting over time are improving, and the number of excellent hires he seems to be able to make has gone up, particularly with the involvement of Football Radar
    So how many seasons in non league where our budget far exceeds others does that equate to before that gradual improvement isn’t good enough?

I’m not for sacking the guy. And aside from the relegation season you’ll never see me have called for his head. But the excuses really need to stop. He’s had time, and a lot of help and support. He needs to deliver this season.

Regarding this year's performance, I expect it to start a lot weaker than it ends, and we've had a reasonable start so far. We've got a number of very interesting new players who will need a bit of time and patience to hit their stride, and the strategy NA's implementing of essentially having two complete teams he can field so he can rotate whenever necessary is one that will pay off a lot more in a few months time than it does now. In fact it could be seen as a hindrance now because it will take longer to get "minutes on legs" as he puts it.
    See that’s the sort of excuses that he shouldn’t have. Every other team has signed new players.

But down the track, teams who only really have one full team they can field will suffer more than we do from fatigue and injuries. We'll continue with a more consistent high performance while theirs drops off. I expect our win rate to peak nearer the end of the season as a result.
    But that’s really more about our club/squad size than the managers skill...

Lastly, the fact is that replacing a manager will incur a performance hit in the short, long and medium term. With the frequency Notts has been replacing managers in the last decade, we have been operating under a kind of "new manager penalty" the entire time. This is a self defeating strategy.
    That simply isn’t true. Changing managers can have a short term gain. If changing them in the long term didn’t work then no team would ever improve.

In the past dozen years our most successful season (wins/goals/trophies) how many managers did we have? What about behind the scenes? Chaos? Milk bill being paid?

Successful sides have long term managers because they are successful. Teams which changes their manager usually have reason.
    That doesn’t mean either is correct or incorrect.

Sacking a manger isn’t the problem, replacing them with one who isn’t better is.

With all of that in mind, I'd be very much inclined to apply a bit of patience. I would regard a minimum acceptable result for this season to be a playoff spot, and think the goal should clearly be to win the league. I would not seriously contemplate replacing NA as manager unless we find ourselves in the bananarama league yet again next season. And even then, I would want to carefully analyse our results and situation.
    I’m with you on the patience now. Unless we don’t look like making the playoffs he should stay. But, you cannot talk about gradual progress and talk about being in the same league next year as being ok. If we are no better with a better budget than pretty much every team in the league and with complete stability, what’s the benefit of stability? Is our ambition only to be in the top tier of the non league?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-10-2020 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Tricky attempt to fix formatting - hope it looks/reads right now! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Elite dont ever mention the RELEGATION or any other sub-standard performance that NA has been in charge of and responsible for.
    It doesn't fit Laddos and other NA's disciples agendas.
    Dont mention it and it's like it never happened.!!

I just don't get those posters who say "if you exclude the relegation season, Ardley's done a pretty good job".

How the f@ck can you ignore that when judging him?
    Well yes.

Also those who say how great our results have been since we were er relegated into non league for the first time in our history. This concept may well go over laddo’s head.

Try looking beyond one game, they've currently won once and lost twice suggesting poor preparation is producing poor results to start the season. Shock horror.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Personally, in my opinion I think it's one of the best....
    Certainly better than anything you have ever posted and that's a fact....xx!
    That's the equivalent to when you are in your late ****s and about to go on a night out and she says she likes your top. Not what you wanna hear.

Thank you Pedro for rubber stamping it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    In some ways it’s a shame for Ardley that we didn’t get relegated into the Notts Combination. He then could have won every game last season and been considered the greatest manager in our history.
    That's a definition of "a stretch" when posting. "Shame we didn't get relegated into the Notts combination...." You don't really have to read any further but it's comical if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It has a similarly daft background story to the Wheelbarrow Song and began around the same time in 1989 (Wheelbarrow was April 1990). You'd imagine it was born out of frustration at underachieving in the shadow of former glories but apparently some fans were at a wedding where the record was requested by bride and groom as the last dance but the needle started jumping and skipping, same fans then started singing it for a laugh at the next game and it took off.
    Cheers for that UTM!

Try looking beyond one game, they've currently won once and lost twice suggesting poor preparation is producing poor results to start the season. Shock horror.
    You say "shock horror", but you actually predicted they would beat us.

If you think poor preparation produces poor results at the start, why did you expect us to come away with nothing?

Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast