+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    I know we only drawed with Dover, but even from the other side of the world, I fort Barrow won 3-0?
    True

Because certain matches determine a clubs future - take play of matches against Harrogate -Coventry going further back Bradford ? Fans could not wait to put the boot in Nolan for the Coventry defeat even tho he wasn’t to blame . We could have been in the championship today if things had been different and you ask how 2 or 3 matches can define futures

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    You do remember we finished 3rd last season and on a great run of form? Do you also remember we assembled a squad after the club was saved on the eve of the season starting? So our pre season was pretty much the first half dozen league games.
    I’ve referred to this dozens of times over the last 12 months but when the Reedtz brothers bought the club and we then had to assemble a squad, there wasn’t a single fan that was expecting anything more than a steadying of the ship and to stop the rot. Yet here we are after exceeding that saying that Ardley just makes excuses.
    We started the season thankful that we still had a club and we ended it by being one win away from promotion and two away from lifting a trophy.
    If we had won those three games he’d be a hero. How can three games be the difference of hero to villain?
    Ardley should in no way be under threat. For me it was a solid season, he’s signed good players, I like the way he’s trying to get us playing football with a fluid front three, and I’m genuinely optimistic for the season.
    But I’m not arrogant enough to think we deserve to go up just because we’re a bigger club than most.
    Be careful ... we don't have sensible balanced posts on here.

I agree totally!

To be honest he seems to be a below average manager , but a nice person.
    He cant seem to change his system when up against it , (are Harrogate really that much better than us , they shouldn't be)
    The season he took us down he played insipid football when we needed blood, guts, passion and desire.
    Last season we got flashes of individual brilliance , glimpses of great team play , but in the main were served up a menu of insipid football.
    Here we are , a season and a half later and I'm still hoping he can get it right , but it seems we still have the same old problems as we had with him from day one.
    His lack of capabilities have cost us a semi final and promotion.
    were we unlucky in those games ? or played of the park by (in my eyes) an inferior club that has no right in making us look like school boys.
    The Upshot is , it's to early in the new season to get rid , the only option we have is to hope he can get it right at the third time of asking.
    Fingers crossed . toes and all extremities crossed he can

"Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,”

Result can also simply mean - Score i.e. 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    "Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,”

Result can also simply mean - Score i.e. 1-0
    Wel exactly its true but harsh a manager is judged on results especially in key games . just to add a bit of fun in one of warnocks memories at interview for managers job- them - we don’t like your Style or tactics - warnock - do u like winning football ?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    To be honest he seems to be a below average manager , but a nice person.
    He cant seem to change his system when up against it , (are Harrogate really that much better than us , they shouldn't be)
    The season he took us down he played insipid football when we needed blood, guts, passion and desire.
    Last season we got flashes of individual brilliance , glimpses of great team play , but in the main were served up a menu of insipid football.
    Here we are , a season and a half later and I'm still hoping he can get it right , but it seems we still have the same old problems as we had with him from day one.
    His lack of capabilities have cost us a semi final and promotion.
    were we unlucky in those games ? or played of the park by (in my eyes) an inferior club that has no right in making us look like school boys.
    The Upshot is , it's to early in the new season to get rid , the only option we have is to hope he can get it right at the third time of asking.
    Fingers crossed . toes and all extremities crossed he can
    And you stated as fact that we would finish bottom half last season if we kept with Ardley and now you’re saying it’s his fault we lost a play off final. You’ve had to raise the bar quite a bit there mate to carry on criticising him.
    I genuinely can’t see how that play off final was lost because of Ardleys capabilities. It was plain and simple that a few of our players didn’t turn up and had a bad game. They were inferior to Harrogate on the day just as Barnet were inferior to us the week before.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,” Neal Ardley, or indeed any other manager under the current circumstances, should have been fired a long time ago. In an honourable society however, he would have resigned. Despite the dire conditions brought about by Covid we still have a club thanks to the Reedtz family and on paper, and from what I have seen so far, we appear to have a very good squad; one that could easily win promotion if it had a sense of direction, purpose and solid leadership. We don’t need and cannot afford endless experimentation in the hope that things will go right on the pitch sometime in the distant future. It is abundantly clear that the manager cannot inspire and lead our teams. I am fully aware of the pitfalls of managerial roundabouts but unless he is replaced soon we will go into oblivion with the usual excuses. If I were daddy Reedtz I would be saying to my boys, “Listen lads. I admire your ambition, drive and loyalty, but your man’s time is up. He’s had his chances and you need fresh blood, or else”. Gamblers compound their losses by gambling more and more in the hope of winning and we cannot allow the manager to gamble our club away.
    Yep, Sacking the Manager now is definitely the way forward, that is precisely why we are, where we are now or have you not followed the Pies in recent years and seen the Revolving Doors keep swinging.

To change manager now would be suicidal the one thing this Club needs is Stability in the current situation we find the country in, we are not even sure if the season will start on October 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We've never had a more negative, uninspiring, excuse ridden manager.
    Kiwomya was possibly worse but just vacant, or - to be fair to him - in shock.

You can't really compare managers from different divisions, Slade would surely have done better with a club lower down at the age he was at the time than a 2nd tier club for example. Otheriwise, stats wise, he is among the absolute worst of all time.

Only two have worse PPG records than Ardley in tier 4 - Fullarton being one with 0.83 whilst Sheridan on 0.92 is almost identical to Ardley on 0.93. Neither were around long enough to do the damage Ardley did however.

All things considered, Ardley is the 2nd worst for me, as things stand with Kiwomya just shading it.
    Fullarton's stint was so brief he's practically a caretaker manager.
    Yep, but Jamie Full A Crap had a superb Power Point Presentation ask Aileen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Yep, but Jamie Full A Crap had a superb Power Point Presentation ask Aileen.
    I've just asked myself this - Given the choice of sticking with Ardley or inviting Fulalrton back, I've got to be honest with myself and say I'd stick with Ardley. So I'll revise my top worst list and place Fullarton 2nd. Kiwomya is 1st because his appointment was pivotal, the difference between us having genuine Championship aspirations and shifting gears into reverse at full speed and sending trash cans and fruit and veg crates flying into the path of supporters entering Meadow Lane. He didn't appoint himself but symbolically, Kiwomya is the turning point this side of the Munto season.

Page 4 of 139 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast