+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 50 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's a question for Davy, but fully expect Elite Pie to answer on his behalf as he has been doing recently.
    Don't be so pathetic, my opinions are no-ones but my own. It is possible to comment on a post even though it's not directed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Don't be so pathetic, my opinions are no-ones but my own. It is possible to comment on a post even though it's not directed at you.
    Of course it is but you seem to be very defensive at the moment and quickly answering on behalf of others on more than one occasion when I asked the question.

Davy, Pedro, Gump, even Navy all can answer for themselves. Let them have a go.

Of course it is but you seem to be very defensive at the moment and quickly answering on behalf of others on more than one occasion when I asked the question.

I very much doubt that Navy can answer at the moment!

How am I stopping them?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I don’t see this seasons team being that much weaker. The clear problem was the lack of defence due to COVID. Players out of position, and probably not fully match fit. Most teams would struggle if four first team players were unavailable the night before a match. Rose isn’t missed, Reaves is a much better player.

I still don’t get the Ardley out mentality of many on here. We are building a much better team and club, it just takes time. That some are writing off the season after two defeats is just laughable.
    Two defeats in five is not the end of the world but rationally looking at it is concerning if we want to get an automatic promotion place. Also the quality of the opposition compared to ours and the manner of the defeats has been disappointing. A last minute goal conceded in one game, a defeat from a twice winning position at home in another against a semi pro side.

It puts more pressure on to win more difficult fixtures on paper against better quality teams.

As I’ve mentioned a few posts back 7 defeats is the maximum average in a season over the past five years for automatic promotion out of this league.

It works out at a loss rate of one in six. We need to avoid defeat in the next seven games to keep on track.

That is why this league is so tough to get out of. .

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I still don’t get the Ardley out mentality of many on here. We are building a much better team and club, it just takes time. That some are writing off the season after two defeats is just laughable.
    How do you know we are building a "much better" team? You talk as if "giving it time" is guaranteed to work.

Have you ever considered that the manager might not be very good, and giving it time is merely prolonging the agony?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    How am I stopping them?
    You jump in to questions directed to say DavyFacts and answer for them. You can't help yourself. Maybe you are going down the Pedro route. I hope not.

Ironically when I ask you direct questions it can be like getting blood from a stone.

There is a case here that Ardley actually fits the owners model for the club. He's a very likeable and professional chap and whether you believe it or not does have a degree of managerial experience. It's clear that the new signings have not all been Ardley's and the fact he is willing to sit and take recommendations from the owners would again suggest he is a "company" man and prepared to support their vision for the club.

I don't blame him for the defeat on Saturday, it is quite clear that the players once again, like the play off final didn't follow his instructions. He had an unfit one footed left back playing right back, a right back playing who was ill last week, an attacking midfielder who clearly showed on Saturday the sort of form that has kept him out of the starting eleven at the start of the season, an 18 year old loaner up front alongside our best striker who was clearly looking very sluggish and with no real threat off the bench other than a two legged giraffe who really needs to show some potential sooner rather than later and a young midfielder who has a career spanning all of 23 minutes.

Money already in the bank for the live stream being veiled by comments of fielding a squad for the integrity of the sport. Barnet had one fecking player test positive and they call their game off!!

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    We were out-thought by opposition managers throughout most of last season. Whenever what looked looked like an easy came up, we struggled. The enemy didn't always have the better players but they did have the better managers. This season it's only the quality of our players that's got us where we are, it's certainly not the quality of the manager.

I often wonder, if we had a decent manager would he have brought in the same players? How much influence did the Reedtz brothers have? If this DM were to arrive before the next game what would his team be? Probably the same as last Saturday but how would he play them? A new manager would ring his own changes but he wouldn't be so predictable nor to be not flexible enough to make effective changes during the game - see those adjectives? Predictable, flexible, effective?
    We were out-thought that many times that we lost the same number of games as Barrow (even though we played more games), we finished 3rd, had the second best goal difference and the 2nd best defence (by 1 goal).

You jump in to questions directed to say DavyFacts and answer for them. You can't help yourself. Maybe you are going down the Pedro route. I hope not.

Ironically when I ask you direct questions it can be like getting blood from a stone.
    You really should take a step back and have a look at your posts laddo. You don't seem to realise it, but you are coming across as someone with a weird obsession. The vast majority of your posts are about people who are critical of Ardley. It's a football messageboard, and all of them have posters who are mainly critical. It's just their way of venting frustration after a defeat, that's all. You need to accept that and try and move on.

Page 50 of 139 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast