+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 139 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Latest lockdown game.

How many 'Arley out' threads will be started today? Why not just add to all the others?

Not a pro or anti post.

Hold your nerve. There are a few wetting their pants on this board.

I'm sure the Manager and the players know that the three defeats aren't good enough and the team needs to put a run together.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    The muppet has had 2 years. If you can't stamp your authority on a team/squad that is yours & your getting beaten by clubs that are not on par with Notts in any shape or form, sommat is wrong
    Why is it wrong? If football was as simple as the most expensive side or the better the clubs stature is that they win, then football would be boring. Based on what you are saying a number of managers should be sacked this morning for losing in the FA Cup to lesser teams. Sunderland, Colchester, Rochdale, Accrington, Port Vale and Grimsby all among them. The irony is that Port Vale lost to a team that had we played and lost to, this board would be in meltdown, again.
    Promotions and titles are not won or lost after 6 games.
    That said I am getting to the point where I feel that Ardley won’t achieve what we need. He didn’t do enough to keep Dennis, our most natural goal scorer. His tactics don’t get the best out of the players he has available to him. Simply speaking we should be a 4-4-2 side with players we have, not trying to be like a Prem side playing 4-3-3. I would also like to see us mix it up when we are in possession. Sometimes keeping the ball has its benefits, but so does knocking it long early.
    Ardley has bemoaned the players individual errors for our defeats, and he has a point. BUT asking Conference players to play the way they are being asked to will always cause trouble.
    In all our time under Ardley we have struggled with set pieces. Taking and defending them. We have needed more height and physical presence in the side for years, particularly in this league.
    There are too many of us who think this squad should walk the league because a lot of the players have played at a good level and because we are Notts County. The problem for me is that too many of the players are not naturally prepared to do the horrible side of the game.
    If we do get rid then we need a manager to come in who has a reputation of getting his sides to be physical, to out run our opposition, to grind teams down with relentless ‘in your face’ tactics. He must also look to add players with height and physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why is it wrong? If football was as simple as the most expensive side or the better the clubs stature is that they win, then football would be boring. Based on what you are saying a number of managers should be sacked this morning for losing in the FA Cup to lesser teams. Sunderland, Colchester, Rochdale, Accrington, Port Vale and Grimsby all among them. The irony is that Port Vale lost to a team that had we played and lost to, this board would be in meltdown, again.
    That said I am getting to the point where I feel that Ardley won’t achieve what we need. He didn’t do enough to keep Dennis, our most natural goal scorer. His tactics don’t get the best out of the players he has available to him. Simply speaking we should be a 4-4-2 side with players we have, not trying to be like a Prem side playing 4-3-3. I would also like to see us mix it up when we are in possession. Sometimes keeping the ball has its benefits, but so does knocking it long early.
    Ardley has bemoaned the players individual errors for our defeats, and he has a point. BUT asking Conference players to play the way they are being asked to will always cause trouble.
    In all our time under Ardley we have struggled with set pieces. Taking and defending them. We have needed more height and physical presence in the side for years, particularly in this league.
    There are too many of us who think this squad should walk the league because a lot of the players have played at a good level and because we are Notts County. The problem for me is that too many of the players are not naturally prepared to do the horrible side of the game.
    If we do get rid then we need a manager to come in who has a reputation of getting his sides to be physical, to out run our opposition, to grind teams down with relentless ‘in your face’ tactics. He must also look to add players with height and physicality.
    I agree with this.

Not sure about how hard he tried to keep Dennis, but he doesn't appear to have replaced him.

The problem to me is that last season we came as close to promotion as possible without it happening, with good defensive, attacking and losing record. I wouldn't class it as failure. But we don't seem to have made any changes to make that one step up.

We need to use pace - to look as if we are going to score. Yesterday I am willing to forgive as I am sure the team was affected by Covid. But it was poor, and we need to improve massively to get anything v Stockport. I am not yet in the 'Ardley out' camp, but for me, now more than at any other time since we have been in the National League he needs to show how he can improve it, and quickly.

Curle was a good manager who fell into the trap of stubbornness when only playing one up front at home. Ultimately it led to his downfall. I hope Ardley doesn't go the same way with his insistence to always play it out from the back. There is a time for it, but there is also a time to get rid, and for the keeper to actually kick it out!

I stopped watching NA’s post match interviews, as they have become an embarrassment .

That he has hasn’t used “ the Hamster ate my Game Plan” is probably more down to lack of imagination, than respect for the level of fans’ credulity.

Having lived through the horror of watching most of the whole disaster unfold “ live” , I went outside to sweep leaves off my garden path.

In a straight fight between the leaves, and the “ team” , I think the leaves would have won, showing a more substantial level of commitment, and continuing dogged resistance .

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So, basically Ardley is useless. The FA cup is what it is banana skin games. We've had plenty of our own in it. If these players are making these mistakes, who is scouting them or do they just do it when they come to Notts.?It is general knowledge you need to be physical in this league, Ardley saw it with his own eyes last season but has done sweet fa about it.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    So, basically Ardley is useless. The FA cup is what it is banana skin games. We've had plenty of our own in it. If these players are making these mistakes, who is scouting them or do they just do it when they come to Notts.?It is general knowledge you need to be physical in this league, Ardley saw it with his own eyes last season but has done sweet fa about it.
    That’s the point though Irish. It’s not just cup games that provide upsets. You get them in the League. Whether that’s our league, the Prem or La Liga so called underdogs win games. It’s football. It’s what I love about football.

I think last season we would all have taken a playoff final against Harrogate before a ball was kicked so for me he did well. What concerns me is there seems to be no progression, I fully expected us to kick on this season knowing how the league is and having the same pre season as everyone else but we seem to have gone backwards. We're far too over reliant on Roberts and Wootton, if they don't play or play well we don't create anything at all. Why in the Ardleys post match interview yesterday was he saying we can't stand up to the teams that are physical or in our faces, we all n knew that last season or even the relegation season and what has been done about it? It's no use in your third season say we're not standing upto the physical teams, it's been that way for 3 years, you're the manager ****ing sort it out Ardley

We really miss Cox I think, at least he had something about him in that respect. Abbott and Ardley are like Cannon and Ball.

I think he is here for the season only way he goes is if we are in danger of relegation.

My reasoning is to sack him would probably cost us around £40-50k and as we all know we are losing money each month due to Covid.

The biggest concern for me is after this season we have lost our parchute payments from the EFL that is when we slip into Wrexham/Chesterfield terrority where we get comfortable in a league which is something we like to do.

We would all have taken a playoff final against Harrogate before a ball was kicked but only if we beat them in the final. That was made very very clear by many after the full time whistle and for the next few weeks on here.

We should be kicking on from last season absolutely no doubt it CF#noexcuses

Does this thread threaten The Ardley In/Out Thread or not?

Page 59 of 139 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast