+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Blimey another one. Any objections to me merging this thread with the existing Ardley In/Out thread?

If people wanted him sacking after the Harrogate final then fair enough. I would have taken a playoff final not knowing if we we're going to win or lose before the season started. Once we got the squad in place then I did expect us to finish in the top three, I think we give this league far too much respect. If we put it on teams from kick off I think we'd be up 2 or 3 goals in half an hour as we are when we play half decent. He calms them down though if they want to rip teams apart, I say let them go rip these teams as the cautious approach is not working. I've only ever known managers to work their players up and get them up for the game not the other way round. I get stick to a plan but he's over managing it, we're not playing champions league and even then he's behind the times. Check the Jonathan Wilson pressing article in the guardian, we couldn't press down a stud button. There's no energy or pace especially in midfield. This slow play across the back is 10 years out of date.

We still play with the same midfield pretty much that got us relegated. Enzio and Lacey have gone backwards, Brindley and Chicksen have been useless in the main. As I say if Roberts doesn't play or play well and Wootton doesn't score we're ****ed. Rodriguez looks like could be good one day if he can last and who knows about Sam, no point anyway going on about the strikers as we hardly create anything.

I don't care about Ardley in or out thread's that's yours and Davys business to go at and I couldn't care less who's in what camp, I just want Notts to win and play well. I am sick of Ardley being given every chance to do something yet we still all had that feeling before kick off yesterday that it was going to be another tepid performance looking for a point or one nil win which always goes wrong for us. Also the worst thing is 3 years later he's still saying we can't deal with physical teams, is this guy for real? Look at the league you're in and you build a team that can't deal with physicality? Sick to death of his excuses, we don't even lose to good teams in the main, we lose to the ones that most of the others, it's not good enough in his third season, we're not playing above a level he took over at we're playing at the level below.

If we lose to Stockport and are crap then he and Abbott can **** off. Yeah it might cost to put new staff in but if we can afford it then we should do it before another season is wasted. I don't think Ardley can handle being at a club that for their level expects to win most weeks. We're not the underdogs like he was at Wimbledon, we're the big team in the league and need a manager who reflects that mindset and installs it in his team.

He's got one or two more games to show he's got something about him, otherwise as nice a man as he is then he's no good to us.

Another thing is any manager worth his salt is going to watch Notts and say they play this way especially out from the back, it's formulatic and the same every week. If you know that then you can arrange your team from kick offs, goal kicks etc to press in the right areas and with the right numbers and people will make mistakes in this league like yesterday. I bet playing Notts with Ardley as manager is a dream for these teams and I'm sick of looking at teams social media like Dover and Aldershot after the game and then saying look how good we are, we beat Notts County, they weren't even that good. Yeah we know but we should be very good for this level. Buck stops with the manager after 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Blimey another one. Any objections to me merging this thread with the existing Ardley In/Out thread?
    Now merged

Good move Swale, nip it in the bud early.

Some great points made CF, agree with a lot of that. Although this 60 page thread is clearly far more than DavyFacts and my business. Agree, the whole Pro/Anti camp thing is a little silly, fun to take the p!$$ out of but ultimately something that shouldn't be taken seriously. It's not that black and white and never has been with this manager or previous managers.

There is a huge middle ground which has been beautifully illustrated on another popular recent thread re. relegation responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I think last season we would all have taken a playoff final against Harrogate before a ball was kicked so for me he did well. What concerns me is there seems to be no progression, I fully expected us to kick on this season knowing how the league is and having the same pre season as everyone else but we seem to have gone backwards. We're far too over reliant on Roberts and Wootton, if they don't play or play well we don't create anything at all. Why in the Ardleys post match interview yesterday was he saying we can't stand up to the teams that are physical or in our faces, we all n knew that last season or even the relegation season and what has been done about it? It's no use in your third season say we're not standing upto the physical teams, it's been that way for 3 years, you're the manager ****ing sort it out Ardley

We really miss Cox I think, at least he had something about him in that respect. Abbott and Ardley are like Cannon and Ball.
    What do you have your thoughts on Cox and Abbott from?

S****horpe aren't particularly doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That’s the point though Irish. It’s not just cup games that provide upsets. You get them in the League. Whether that’s our league, the Prem or La Liga so called underdogs win games. It’s football. It’s what I love about football.
    I think there are plenty more to come this season. Villa scoring 7 against Liverpool, Southampton top of the league are surprises.

There's a passivity to our football that seems to be especially prevalent away from home. We've scored once in three away games so far and lack the "fire in the belly" you need at any level of football, but particularly when it's a scrappy physical contest. Far too many "nice" players who don't do anything to impact the game - Chicksen being the latest example.

I've said since the start of the season that I want to give Ardley 10 games before I make a judgment - but 3 defeats in 6 games when we've had six eminently winnable games is clearly nowhere near good enough, and everyone knows that.

Next four games:

Stockport (H)
    Halifax (A)
    Chesterfield (A)
    Wealdstone (H)

We need to start putting a winning run together, but the way we're playing at the moment, I can't see us getting more than 4 points out of these games. And if we only have 13 points out of 10 games, that would definitely be it for me - thanks Neal (and Abbott), time for new management.

Said on another thread that our recruitment's been nowhere near good enough this summer - and I'm assuming the owners must also accept some of the blame for that (Sloth? Sam?).

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    If people wanted him sacking after the Harrogate final then fair enough. I would have taken a playoff final not knowing if we we're going to win or lose before the season started. Once we got the squad in place then I did expect us to finish in the top three, I think we give this league far too much respect. If we put it on teams from kick off I think we'd be up 2 or 3 goals in half an hour as we are when we play half decent. He calms them down though if they want to rip teams apart, I say let them go rip these teams as the cautious approach is not working. I've only ever known managers to work their players up and get them up for the game not the other way round. I get stick to a plan but he's over managing it, we're not playing champions league and even then he's behind the times. Check the Jonathan Wilson pressing article in the guardian, we couldn't press down a stud button. There's no energy or pace especially in midfield. This slow play across the back is 10 years out of date.

We still play with the same midfield pretty much that got us relegated. Enzio and Lacey have gone backwards, Brindley and Chicksen have been useless in the main. As I say if Roberts doesn't play or play well and Wootton doesn't score we're ****ed. Rodriguez looks like could be good one day if he can last and who knows about Sam, no point anyway going on about the strikers as we hardly create anything.

I don't care about Ardley in or out thread's that's yours and Davys business to go at and I couldn't care less who's in what camp, I just want Notts to win and play well. I am sick of Ardley being given every chance to do something yet we still all had that feeling before kick off yesterday that it was going to be another tepid performance looking for a point or one nil win which always goes wrong for us. Also the worst thing is 3 years later he's still saying we can't deal with physical teams, is this guy for real? Look at the league you're in and you build a team that can't deal with physicality? Sick to death of his excuses, we don't even lose to good teams in the main, we lose to the ones that most of the others, it's not good enough in his third season, we're not playing above a level he took over at we're playing at the level below.

If we lose to Stockport and are crap then he and Abbott can **** off. Yeah it might cost to put new staff in but if we can afford it then we should do it before another season is wasted. I don't think Ardley can handle being at a club that for their level expects to win most weeks. We're not the underdogs like he was at Wimbledon, we're the big team in the league and need a manager who reflects that mindset and installs it in his team.

He's got one or two more games to show he's got something about him, otherwise as nice a man as he is then he's no good to us.
    Some great points here, and I agree with it all.

I have nothing against Ardley - in fact, I've said many times that I would love for him to succeed here as he seems like a nice person. The problem is, I have zero faith that he will. I've seen enough now to know what to expect, which is more of the same. More lackluster, uninspiring performances, more losses to dreadful opposition, more excuses, more crap tactics that are totally unsuitable to the league we're in. I just can't see how it will change.

As for this season, it looks like we're weaker overall than last. If Ardley fails to get us a top-3 finish, he'll have taken us to our lowest ever league position in three consectutive seasons.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 08-11-2020 at 01:56 PM.

I wish jonnyt1 would post on this thread that we're going to lose the next 30 games.

Page 60 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast