+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Davy, you’re making yourself look a bit daft now. How can taking 4 points from two away games, following an enforced ‘Covid break’, not change anything? The team have overcome a challenging ‘stop-start’ opening couple of months to the season whilst missing key players and are still improving on last seasons start.

We’ve taken four points this week towards promotion without playing as well as we can but we battled to the very end yesterday and got just rewards....how is that a fluke? What would it realistically take for you to stop the tedious vendetta we have to endure literally every....single...day?

You’re actually choosing to be negative instead of looking that the situation objectively....you’re not the only one. At least your not one of the clowns saying they are seriously considering the actions of the owners, they’re the real embarrassments.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Davy, you’re making yourself look a bit daft now. How can taking 4 points from two away games, following an enforced ‘Covid break’, not change anything? The team have overcome a challenging ‘stop-start’ opening couple of months to the season whilst missing key players and are still improving on last seasons start.

We’ve taken four points this week towards promotion without playing as well as we can but we battled to the very end yesterday and got just rewards....how is that a fluke? What would it realistically take for you to stop the tedious vendetta we have to endure literally every....single...day?

You’re actually choosing to be negative instead of looking that the situation objectively....you’re not the only one. At least your not one of the clowns saying they are seriously considering the actions of the owners, they’re the real embarrassments.
    Last season we beat Harrogate away - fluke
    We beat Barrow away - fluke
    We beat Chesterfield yesterday - fluke

There is a pattern here, we win, it's a fluke and despite NA. If we lose, it is because of him.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    There are three camps. Ardley out, Ardley in and Ardley give a toss anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Last season we beat Harrogate away - fluke
    We beat Barrow away - fluke
    We beat Chesterfield yesterday - fluke

There is a pattern here, we win, it's a fluke and despite NA. If we lose, it is because of him.
    I think you certainly chose probably our luckiest away wins since we were relegated there. Neals put some strong away victories together in this division but perhaps with the exception of part of Barrow those 3 aren't any of them. I can't think of any games away from home off the top of my head where we can have been considered unlucky to lose though can you? Generally when we lose we play badly. Occasionally when we win we are a bit lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think you certainly chose probably our luckiest away wins since we were relegated there. Neals put some strong away victories together in this division but perhaps with the exception of part of Barrow those 3 aren't any of them. I can't think of any games away from home off the top of my head where we can have been considered unlucky to lose though can you? Generally when we lose we play badly. Occasionally when we win we are a bit lucky.
    I think Yeovil early last season was the only stand out shouldn't have lost away defeat. We dropped 29 pts on the road last season. Defeats by one goal to the likes of Eastleigh, Bromley, Chesterfield and Aldershot along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

Yes we have taken 4 points from two games (should have been six of course) but the performances were poor, tactics poor and motivation (save last minute at Chesterfield) poor. I don't own a pitchfork but I am not convinced Ardley will get success this season because he isn't a good manager.

Notts County in the National League you're expected to be at the top end you're expected to be winning games. I will say when there has been criticsim some of its been a little bit unfair criticism.

I look at the team perfomance against Chesterfield is that down to the manager of how they played or is that down to the players? Obviously the manager is the man that pays the ultimate price his head is ultimately on the block at any stage. But for me it's down to the players not quite being at the same levels of performance that they were at last season.

Not playing as well as we know the game plan it's not down to them not knowing the shape or system, not knowing how the manager wants them to play or what he wants them to do.

The fact they scored 2 goals in injury time shows that they're fighting to the death, are playing for him you know they're giving everything they've got great character that these are good players.

What you've gotta do is when you are not playing well find a way of winning they've done that. Now with that we've got to try to find a way of getting back to playing well. That will make it easier for themselves in some games so it's a difficult situation and everyone has an opinion on it but for me you know Notts play a certain way , they've got some stability there. You know I'm not one for this sort of ridiculous sort of overreactions to things.

You've got to assess things see how things go so you know these players are playing for the shirt, the players themselves, the manager. Yes they need to improve of course, we're not pulling the wool over anybody's eyes with the levels of performance at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Bloody hell, I've only just realised that it's two years to the day since he was appointed.

Let's just say that my birthday celebrations will be a little bit muted.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Let's just say that my birthday celebrations will be a little bit muted.
    In deference to the great man you mean?

By the way you also share this date with the day of the Pedro's Notts debut! The real one I mean not the NCM one
    Last edited by SwalePie; 23-11-2020 at 09:38 PM.

Page 64 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast