+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I would have thought avoiding relegation was part of his contract agreement, in which case he wouldnt qualify for any substantial payout..
    Sounds like a complete guess. Unless you've been the T&C.

All this dancing around the subject and the answer was there all along. Why wasn't he sacked after the Swindon game, we couldn't afford to sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Sounds like a complete guess. Unless you've been the T&C.

All this dancing around the subject and the answer was there all along. Why wasn't he sacked after the Swindon game, we couldn't afford to sack him.
    Most football manager contracts usually have provisions written into them to safeguard aginst having to pay out huge sums of money for being a failure.
    Ardleys contract was still valid at the time when the brothers aquired the club, this was an ideal opportunity to get rid at a minimum cost. We missed the boat and are now paying for it...

Most? So not all and you haven't seen the contract in question so can't say with any certainty at all that the owners missed the boat or any golden opportunity.

It's another classic NCM "leap of faith", 2+2 = 17.

If any of the above is incorrect bar the maths of course, please feel free to correct me.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-11-2020 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Anglicised the word 'math' as it was so annoying.

Most? So not all and you haven't seen the contract in question so can't say with any certainty at all that the owners missed the boat or any golden opportunity.

It's another classic NCM "leap of faith", 2+2 = 17.

If any of the above is incorrect bar the math of course, please feel free to correct me.
    If you say so ...

It's what you says that mattera on this subject.

Tell us all that you know that there was/is a relegation clause in the contract to safeguard against a possible huge payment for being a failure. If so, then the owners did indeed miss a golden opportunity. That ship has sailed.

Alas I fear it's just a bit of guesswork with no evidence as you started the statement with "Most" and "usually" strongly suggests it was the latest example of NCM 2+2 = 17.

Oh yeah I forgot about that, good point ncfcog. There was no money left in the cookie jar.

Now that is the owners fault. Failed.
    Ardleys incompetence to do the job he was appointed to do, has nothing to do with Hardy running out of money. Nolan , or Kewell. Just that he was a crap manager with nearly 30 games left

If you are appointed to do a job, a company expects you to the job, if you do not, as in Ardleys case, it his totally on him, no body else

As we enter February and we're well into the new year now let's have an update on the old IN/OUT/SHAKEITALLABOUT thread. Hopefully not long diatribes but quick updates. I have a feeling things will be pretty similar with few minds changed since the last reply on this thread in November...

I'm still an 'IN' at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    As we enter February and we're well into the new year now let's have an update on the old IN/OUT/SHAKEITALLABOUT thread. Hopefully not long diatribes but quick updates. I have a feeling things will be pretty similar with few minds changed since the last reply on this thread in November...

I'm still an 'IN' at this point.
    He's obviously here for the foreseeable, so there's no point in calling for his head. Saying that, my opinion is unchanged. He doesn't get the best from his squad, so I think we are stuck with underachievement as long as he is here.

Or 'stability', as some like to call it.

In until whenever the end of the season is. I’ve not seen any evidence that his contract runs out at the end of this season, love to know if it was announced anywhere.

I’m tempted to say out after that regardless of whether we get promoted or not, but I realise that’s a tad harsh.

In … but I reserve the right to change my mind on Wednesday morning, then again on Saturday night , and again on the following Wednesday morning and so on …

Page 68 of 139 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast