+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

I can't believe anyone could ever suggest that there are those with an #agenda on here.

What absolute garbage!!! The same people will claim that there is a slight overall negative bias if you look closely enough. #vivaNCM

In from me, but I wont lose sleep if he is replaced by someone the owners feel will do better.

Ardley was given the best part of a 2 1/2 year contract. His immediate remit was to keep us in League 2 which he failed in. However, the remainder of his contract would be getting us back in to the Football League. The club had its excuses last season with the start of the season being impacted by the sale and the end by COVID. For me Ardley has to get us promoted this season to be in an even footing.
    It has felt somewhat boring these last 18 months with the club in good hands, the manager not being at risk. The players are able to concentrate on training and playing. The club as a whole in decent shape.
    It will be interesting at the end of the season what the owners and Ardley decide to do. Feels somewhat strange to me that we have a Notts manager who is out of contract soon. Who was the last manager who had his contract renewed (not extended)? I would hazard a guess at Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Ardley was given the best part of a 2 1/2 year contract. .
    Was he? I’ve looked everywhere for that info, but haven’t found it.

What always makes me smile/frown with this discussion is the hatred that comes through on numerous posts. Either channeled through Ardley out or aimed at other posters with opposing views, which then descends into personal insults.

Whatever your opinion on Ardley is, I think it’s fair to say that NA works incredibly hard and any short givings are certainly not due to his work ethics.

In terms of in or out. The owners stated at the beginning of their stewardship, season 1 was about consolidation and season 2 was about promotion. If promotion isn’t achieved this season, I don’t believe NA will be in charge next season. This approach sits fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    What always makes me smile/frown with this discussion is the hatred that comes through on numerous posts. Either channeled through Ardley out or aimed at other posters with opposing views, which then descends into personal insults.

Whatever your opinion on Ardley is, I think it’s fair to say that NA works incredibly hard and any short givings are certainly not due to his work ethics.

In terms of in or out. The owners stated at the beginning of their stewardship, season 1 was about consolidation and season 2 was about promotion. If promotion isn’t achieved this season, I don’t believe NA will be in charge next season. This approach sits fine with me.
    Stop talking sense

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Stop talking sense
    Agree with all of that but my position is still out. The club/Manager is underachieving even with where we are sitting in the league at the moment. Football is about entertainment and apart from nail biting narrow/lucky wins that aspect of football does not exist at Meadow Lane. I have stopped paying to watch as the ones I have seen have not been worth the money. Radio Nottingham commentary conveys the truth when at half and full time they clearly struggle to say anything positive about the overall performance they just focus on the individual brilliance that saves us.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post

This works for me. If he is out of contract at the end of the season and we have not got promoted out of this god-awful league then he will not have done enough to deserve a further contract.

What Killerkline said.

My biggest concern of us changing Ardley for another manager anytime soon is that I think we'd be worse off for it. It's hard for a new manager to come in mid-season and get results in normal times. So I think the chances of a new person doing that during a global pandemic would be low.

But if this season does end properly and we're not promoted at the end of it, it might well be time to put someone new in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    What Killerkline said.

My biggest concern of us changing Ardley for another manager anytime soon is that I think we'd be worse off for it. It's hard for a new manager to come in mid-season and get results in normal times. So I think the chances of a new person doing that during a global pandemic would be low.

But if this season does end properly and we're not promoted at the end of it, it might well be time to put someone new in charge.
    We should have got rid after the play-off final. A game which saw his negative tacticts and team selection cost us the game, also which he has carried on using this term...Losing to very poor teams, and struggling to win others...

Page 70 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120 ... LastLast