+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    .....After the first competitive game it doesn't appear to be facing in anything like the right direction, hence this thread. .
    To be fair, that was not the first competitive game, it was the last competitive game of last season and it fell during our current 'pre-season'.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Not sure how that relates to my post.
    It relates to your post because you said "It's a new season, the club deserve our full support. If we can't give it now before the season has started then when can we?". Even though I'm far from convinced that Ardley is the way forward, would you consider that position as not giving the club my full support? In case you're struggling, I really hope he takes us up but I don't think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    As I've said before it's very easy with Notts and many clubs to say we won't get promoted this upcoming season. Statistically you are backing the odds on favourite with that statement for most clubs.
    A bit of perspective required there, because it all depends on the club and the level they are playing at. For Liverpool or Man City finishing 3rd would be a failure for most of their fans, while for Fulham or West Brom avoiding the relegation places would seem like success. At our level, we are more Liverpool and Man City than Fulham or West Brom, so for us a top half finish but outside the playoffs would be definite failure.

Though I back Ardley for me anything short of promotion will be failure

For the second season under the Reedtz Brothers, Neal Ardley has been able to shape his squad and bring players in and let players go.

His contract is up at the end of the season as I understand. We are in the middle of a pandemic and there maybe disruption to this season and a bumpy road ahead.

Because of all of the above I think it is going to be highly unlikely that Neal Ardley will leave the club before the end of the season.

What it does mean is that he’s got this season to push on and see if he can move the club forward. For me this means finishing 3rd or higher and getting automatic promotion or winning the playoff final.

No matter what we did last season we were always going to finish in our lowest ever position in the football pyramid. This season to improve on the field then league position 1st or 2nd are the only places we can go. Or we finish 3rd or lower but go up via the playoffs.

Lose in the playoffs again or don’t make the playoffs and for me it if it’s the former we will have we have stopped the slide. If it’s the latter then we would have finished lower in the pyramid than the previous season in all three seasons that Neal Ardley would have been manager.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 24-09-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    And you stated as fact that we would finish bottom half last season if we kept with Ardley and now you’re saying it’s his fault we lost a play off final. You’ve had to raise the bar quite a bit there mate to carry on criticising him.
    I genuinely can’t see how that play off final was lost because of Ardleys capabilities. It was plain and simple that a few of our players didn’t turn up and had a bad game. They were inferior to Harrogate on the day just as Barnet were inferior to us the week before.
    I'm saying he got us relegated and he lost us a paly of final and a semi final.
    He's the manager, he manages the players, if they are having a bad game he pulls them off and changes the team and tactics accordingly.
    we shouldn't have an off day, especially to a team like Harrogate.
    Ps the signing of Roberts probably stopped us finishing in mid table mediocrity as it added an attacking dimension to our play that Ardley seemed unable to provide without him, although there was enough already in the squad available to him such as
    Enzio and Osbourne , if used correctly.
    which bad game are you on about ?
    the play off final or the semi final , That's two bad games if you mean both ? xxx

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    He's the manager, he manages the players, if they are having a bad game he pulls them off and changes the team and tactics accordingly.
    Ps the signing of Roberts probably stopped us finishing in mid table mediocrity as it added an attacking dimension to our play that Ardley seemed unable to provide without him, although there was enough already in the squad available to him such as
    Enzio and Osbourne , if used correctly.
    which bad game are you on about ?
    the play off final or the semi final , That's two bad games if you mean both ? xxx
    He seems to bottle it when it really matters. Does not make me think that he has a an attacking philosophy but I suspect that he will be in situ for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    It relates to your post because you said "It's a new season, the club deserve our full support. If we can't give it now before the season has started then when can we?". Even though I'm far from convinced that Ardley is the way forward, would you consider that position as not giving the club my full support? In case you're struggling, I really hope he takes us up but I don't think he will.

A bit of perspective required there, because it all depends on the club and the level they are playing at. For Liverpool or Man City finishing 3rd would be a failure for most of their fans, while for Fulham or West Brom avoiding the relegation places would seem like success. At our level, we are more Liverpool and Man City than Fulham or West Brom, so for us a top half finish but outside the playoffs would be definite failure.
    So you viewed last season as a failure?

I agree it needs perspective butLiverpool or Man City is a poor comparable for the obvious reason they didn't have an atrocious embarrassing season the season before and didn't get relegated. A far better comparison is someone like Norwich had a poor season and got relegated or a Fulham the season before.
    Still not a drastic as falling out of the football league altogether as Norwich Fulham West Brom etc have all done the PL to Championship and back again before. But it's a better than quoting Liverpool or Man Citeh.

As for this season, as I've gone on record before anything other than promotion is failure in my eyes in his second full season in charge

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Ps the signing of Roberts probably stopped us finishing in mid table mediocrity
    That's just guesswork, without Roberts we would have still reached the playoffs IMO. Obviously not because anything the manager did but because everyone else fell away

Having read all the posts on this Thread I wonder how our best manager Post War would have fared in to days world of Message Boards and Kangaroo Courts, bearing in mind our Jimmy made a fair few Clangers during his Reign.

Whilst the Reedtz appear to have Faith in Ardley and realise that Stability has been one of main problems for the major part of the Century I am sure they know exactly what they are doing with the Club so for me after giving my Loyal Support for what will be 70 years this coming season if it starts or even finishes I am happy to leave it in their capable hands gents. After All they rescued us when all look lost and they are paying the Bills.

... that's fat too reasonable Bridg4d. You'll get this board a bad name for being fair, tolerant and applying common sense. COYP.

Page 8 of 139 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast