+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Question THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,” Neal Ardley, or indeed any other manager under the current circumstances, should have been fired a long time ago. In an honourable society however, he would have resigned. Despite the dire conditions brought about by Covid we still have a club thanks to the Reedtz family and on paper, and from what I have seen so far, we appear to have a very good squad; one that could easily win promotion if it had a sense of direction, purpose and solid leadership. We don’t need and cannot afford endless experimentation in the hope that things will go right on the pitch sometime in the distant future. It is abundantly clear that the manager cannot inspire and lead our teams. I am fully aware of the pitfalls of managerial roundabouts but unless he is replaced soon we will go into oblivion with the usual excuses. If I were daddy Reedtz I would be saying to my boys, “Listen lads. I admire your ambition, drive and loyalty, but your man’s time is up. He’s had his chances and you need fresh blood, or else”. Gamblers compound their losses by gambling more and more in the hope of winning and we cannot allow the manager to gamble our club away.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 08-11-2020 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Title edited to reflect multiple merged threads

So you don't think we'll do very well this season?

Considering the financial consequences of sacking a manager with a year left on his contract and replacing him with someone better at a time when its uncertain that clubs can survive in the long term I'm not convinced this is the advice "Daddy Reedtz" would be offering to his boys.

From a footballing perspective I agree that your comments may hold some merit but I see no advantage in dumping him at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Considering the financial consequences of sacking a manager with a year left on his contract and replacing him with someone better at a time when its uncertain that clubs can survive in the long term I'm not convinced this is the advice "Daddy Reedtz" would be offering to his boys.

From a footballing perspective I agree that your comments may hold some merit but I see no advantage in dumping him at this stage.
    This

Yep sacking a manager in the current climate would be insane. I’ve yet to be convinced that we’ve got that great a squad either, I certainly doubt it’s better than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    unless he is replaced soon we will go into oblivion with the usual excuses. y.
    Can't imagine the owners will allow him to take us into oblivion, but I can see them holding out until January/February by which time this season will be a write-off, promotion wise. The owners will bring success eventually but they are almost certainly going to have shut the door once and for all on a very dark and embarrassing period of our history and make their first managerial appointment before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Can't imagine the owners will allow him to take us into oblivion, but I can see them holding out until January/February by which time this season will be a write-off, promotion wise. The owners will bring success eventually but they are almost certainly going to have shut the door once and for all on a very dark and embarrassing period of our history and make their first managerial appointment before that happens.
    30th of Jan will be exactly half way in the league if it gets to start on 3rd Oct. If we are top 10 or within a few points of the play off places at that point no way they will sack him, we would have to be well off the pace for that to happen, and I really don't expect that to be the case. You may have to wait the whole season out to get your wish!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Yep sacking a manager in the current climate would be insane. I’ve yet to be convinced that we’ve got that great a squad either, I certainly doubt it’s better than last season.
    It's all moot anyrode, Reedtz Employment won't sack him. They don't appear to me to be the sacking type.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    Judging purely by “results”, with the word meaning “a thing that is caused or produced by something else; a consequence or outcome,” Neal Ardley, or indeed any other manager under the current circumstances, should have been fired a long time ago. In an honourable society however, he would have resigned. Despite the dire conditions brought about by Covid we still have a club thanks to the Reedtz family and on paper, and from what I have seen so far, we appear to have a very good squad; one that could easily win promotion if it had a sense of direction, purpose and solid leadership. We don’t need and cannot afford endless experimentation in the hope that things will go right on the pitch sometime in the distant future. It is abundantly clear that the manager cannot inspire and lead our teams. I am fully aware of the pitfalls of managerial roundabouts but unless he is replaced soon we will go into oblivion with the usual excuses. If I were daddy Reedtz I would be saying to my boys, “Listen lads. I admire your ambition, drive and loyalty, but your man’s time is up. He’s had his chances and you need fresh blood, or else”. Gamblers compound their losses by gambling more and more in the hope of winning and we cannot allow the manager to gamble our club away.
    Bloody hell! The season hasn't even started yet. This must be some kind of record!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It's all moot anyrode, Reedtz Employment won't sack him. They don't appear to me to be the sacking type.
    No, they don’t. If they were going to get rid it would have been after Wem-ber-lee.

Page 1 of 139 1231151101 ... LastLast