+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    No one knows where we would be?
    I think he means that as dull as Thordason's side was, we didn't get relegated.

I have to agree with you there 1961, I guess that was what is known as a Hypothetical Prediction.

What if we don't go up but win the FA Trophy?

I find it embarrassing that we have to take part in that cup competition, far worse than being in tier 5. If we'd got to the final and beaten Concord it would have felt about as satisfying as playing against your own 5 year old son on the back garden and trying your very best until he runs into the house crying to his mum.
    Some people would no doubt view it as a success however and enough to justify keeping Ardley on.

What if this season is null and voided?

There's two ways he could still be here despite still being in tier 5 for 2021/22.

A good number of people on here are saying No promotion this season = failure = get rid. That's certainly my viewpoint.

Last season wasn't a failure in my eyes, we deservedly lost in a play off final to an impressive side. I have no idea how much they've spent and reinforced since that final but I see Harrogate are currently sat 4th in the L2 and have only lost once in seven league games. I'm not that surprised they were the 2nd best side in this league last season and had a fair chance of catching Barrow before the league was suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    A good number of people on here are saying No promotion this season = failure = get rid. That's certainly my viewpoint.

Last season wasn't a failure in my eyes, we deservedly lost in a play off final to an impressive side. I have no idea how much they've spent and reinforced since that final but I see Harrogate are currently sat 4th in the L2 and have only lost once in seven league games. I'm not that surprised they were the 2nd best side in this league last season and had a fair chance of catching Barrow before the league was suspended.
    I note that Barrow still haven't won a game this season, but they do play Mansfield after the next game v Walsall.

Yeah , getting promoted then instantly losing your talented manager is never a good thing when operating in a tougher league as Notts fans know all too well sadly.

Last season was a failure in my eyes, losing to a cake shop team in the final was a disgrace

The whole season must have been a failure for ya maddog , we finished behind them in the league as well.

I blame Betty

As Elite Pie said with Thordason we were still in League 2 , and everybody knows where we are with Ardely , the National League

And This nobody knows what would have happened, is usually put out as another excuse to defend Ardley
    Well we might have won the league if it had continued Bla Bla , about 1 in a 100 possible ,but not likely

Davy if you are going to simplify it to that ridiculous a level then with all past Notts managers operating in the FL then yes Ardley is worse then all of them. As you can end every sentence of post with

"At least {insert managers name} was in {insert L2/L1) , whereas Ardley is in National League"

I thought Gump viewed things in a basic way but this is dumbing down to a level I've never witnessed before. It's both impressive and comical.

Page 52 of 139 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast