+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 139 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: THE Ardley In/Out Thread [Multiple threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Maybe there is a something else, a middle ground between the extremes of Success and Failure for a relegated side.

Maybe it's not just promotion = success , no promotion = failure for a relegated side in the new division.

Maybe our first season was neither a success nor a failure.
    I can go with that.
    And therefore, as a season of no tangible meaning, consequence or value - other than that we avoided a successive demotion, Ardley hasn't done anything to cancel out the failure of the previous season, for which he was Manager for the majority of the campaign.

Every manager comes under some form of pressure, but if pressure on a manager from supporters is ever justified, then it has to be on managers who have retained their jobs despite taking the club down.
    The next manager won't have to carry that baggage.

Maybe there is a something else, a middle ground between the extremes of Success and Failure for a relegated side.

Maybe it's not just promotion = success , no promotion = failure for a relegated side in the new division.

Sorry, we don't have middle ground on here.

When we were wondering whether the play-offs would ever happen, an awful lot on here were saying that we deserved a promotion place because of the form we were showing at the end of last season!

1 Game - yes, 1 game (the play-off final) and we are failures.

We lost on Tuesday, fair enough - 1 - 0! Ardley a hammering was it? I know we were 2nd best, but I don't think we will be far away this season (if it starts).

Consolidation?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Consolidation?
    Consolidation in tier 5 doesn't sound good, what you could say is that he's "steadied the ship", but what next? Which direction is the ship now facing? After the first competitive game it doesn't appear to be facing in anything like the right direction, hence this thread.

Patience will undoubtedly be much thinner than it was last season, lucky for him perhaps that there's no supporters in the stands to boo at full-time, but with that comes a greater danger of complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Consolidation in tier 5 doesn't sound good, what you could say is that he's "steadied the ship", but what next? Which direction is the ship now facing? After the first competitive game it doesn't appear to be facing in anything like the right direction, hence this thread.

Patience will undoubtedly be much thinner than it was last season, lucky for him perhaps that there's no supporters in the stands to boo at full-time, but with that comes a greater danger of complacency.
    Yes, your quite right. Consolidation in tier 5 doesn’t sound good. However, after the events of the previous season and very nearly not having club to support, consolidation doesn’t sound so bad. I think most would accept this.

I also agree with your second point, patience will be thinner and rightly so. But, after one game?

This is so very boring

I'm going to go out on a limb and say a 3rd place finish ,a play off final is a tad more than consolidation.

Regardless how you view last season or even the disastrous one the season before it's all old news. It's a new season, the club deserve our full support. If we can't give it now before the season has started then when can we?

"Sing when you're winning , you only sing when you're winning"

COYP

Regardless how you view last season or even the disastrous one the season before it's all old news. It's a new season, the club deserve our full support. If we can't give it now before the season has started then when can we?
    Ever since my first game over 50 years ago, the club has never had anything less than my full support. I desperately hope we win every single game we play regardless of owner, manager or players, because I support Notts County Football Club with a passion.

The fact that my support is passionate and lifelong doesn't stop me having an opinion however. Even if we ended up playing in tier 10 I would still be there, but my addiction wouldn't mean that I pretended everything is great when my head tells me it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ever since my first game over 50 years ago, the club has never had anything less than my full support. I desperately hope we win every single game we play regardless of owner, manager or players, because I support Notts County Football Club with a passion.

The fact that my support is passionate and lifelong doesn't stop me having an opinion however. Even if we ended up playing in tier 10 I would still be there, but my addiction wouldn't mean that I pretended everything is great when my head tells me it isn't.
    I agree with the above sentiments I went to my first game 59 years ago and my feelings match yours.

I also think your head is right the club managed by Mr Ardley isn’t great.

Not sure how that relates to my post. The timing of the O/P is bizarre and comical when the season hasn't even begun. As I've said before it's very easy with Notts and many clubs to say we won't get promoted this upcoming season. Statistically you are backing the odds on favourite with that statement for most clubs.

Nobody says you can't have opinion, whether you have supported the club for over 50 years or less than 5. Who said that?

Nobody is saying everything is great, where do you get this from?!?

When was the last time everything was great with nothing to worry about? No complaints? Big Sam's L2 title winning season?

The club hasn't been "great" for a long time regardless of which of the 2 dozen managers we've had since.

Page 7 of 139 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast